ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson Next

edub72

All Star
Jan 17, 2018
Does the effort and play showed by ND today - have a chance of beating Clemson next weekend? I think they need a lot more from Pyne to keep it close. Thoughts ?

No way !

our defense sucks…some poster just said so! But he wasn’t returned to that thread yet

We have a chance. Clemson probably wins 2 of 3, but you never know. They seem to be having QB issues. A win could turn our season around.

Reactions: KYExtemper
Absolutely have a chance. This isnt a vintage Clemson team. Thier qb and offense is average and it should be a close game going into the 4th
Agree, they are not dominant in any fashion

but we need some completions

I think ND wins this game. Clemson has been a bit underwhelming this year, but ND needs to crowd the line and pressure the QB, hopefully, the DB’s will hold their own. It might be a good idea to play an additional nickel back. I believe ND’s front seven can match up with anybody but they lack a little speed at linebacker.

We score 41 points and beat a favored Syracuse by 17 at their place, and yet our passing game was pathetic, as was the play of our secondary. Both will have to be significantly better to win next week.

Will be a close game. Our secondary will need to step up, as will our passing game. Clemson’s Dline is still very good. If we can get an entire game from DP, I like our chances.

Clemson will stuff the run and force Pyne to beat them, which he can not do.

If they simply do not beat themselves they win against the Irish with little struggle.

If Pyne plays the way he has trended and shows up looking for ways to lose, then we will get our 3rd humiliation of the season.

Clemson will have to help ND with sloppy play equal to that of Stanford for ND to have any chance.

This is still the worst looking ND team in a long time with the worst QB in even longer

Clemson will stuff the run and force Pyne to beat them, which he can not do.

If they simply do not beat themselves they win against the Irish with little struggle.

If Pyne plays the way he has trended and shows up looking for ways to lose, then we will get our 3rd humiliation of the season.

Clemson will have to help ND with sloppy play equal to that of Stanford for ND to have any chance.

This is still the worst looking ND team in a long time with the worst QB in even longer
This team looks exactly like last years team minus the QB

This team looks exactly like last years team minus the QB
Kyren and Kyle are both upgrades to anything on this unit. By a lot

Last years interior DLine was much better

Rees had Kelly last year also, which is much better than him running unchecked

last year>>>>>this year

Reactions: HDK and graceh90
Not with pyne&rees
FYP. It will come down to how many times we should run for the first down and instead check into one of Pyne's wildly innacurate hurls in the general direction of a blanketed Mayer.

Kyren and Kyle are both upgrades to anything on this unit. By a lot

Last years interior DLine was much better

Rees had Kelly last year also, which is much better than him running unchecked

last year>>>>>this year
Our OL is a hundred percent better than last year

Our ST is a hundred percent better than last year.

Our corners are better this year than last year

Last year we were 0 and 1 against ranked teams. This year we are 2 and 1.

Schedule is tougher this year

If we had Coan we'd be 7 and 1 this season and because of the OL, I d pick this team with Coan over last year with Coan

Reactions: BGI User 756
Our OL is a hundred percent better than last year

Our ST is a hundred percent better than last year.

Our corners are better this year than last year

Last year we were 0 and 1 against ranked teams. This year we are 2 and 1.

Schedule is tougher this year

If we had Coan we'd be 7 and 1 this season and because of the OL, I d pick this team with Coan over last year with Coan
Brian Mason is terrific. Big upgrade over Polian

Reactions: NIN Irish
Does the effort and play showed by ND today - have a chance of beating Clemson next weekend? I trthink they need a lot more from Pyne to keep it close. Thoughts ?
Trevor Lawrence is in the NFL. That means we have a chance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT