ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson

ftnfan62

I've posted how many times?
Aug 1, 2010
Been out a bit on the road and that Clemson game made me take a break. That game is up there with Stanford last year. Just a complete failure at all 4 levels (defense, offense, st and coaching).

As bad as I thought Parker called the game, like OSU there where a handfuls of plays that would have made a difference.

The first FG drive was caused by the 2nd down play where both Stayes decides to watch his assignment go unblocked and Sam tossing behind.

The second Sam doesn’t step around and make an easy hot route to the back leaking out.

The third Estime stepped out, he was not really forced out. More effort and he scores or puts us at the 2. Then Parker stunk up the series

Tyree hands them 3 and DJ hands them 7.

Parker really in the first half had a good plan for the most part. His woes and the coaches where all second half adjustments.

Easily could have been 21-0, maybe 21-7.

I did watch the receiver play, we are really missing JT, ME and DC. There is no such pass available to Sam as a 50/50. Just call it a 5/95. He did have Flores crossing a few times underneath as he went deep to Greathouse.

Sam had a bad game for sure. That OL had an Aweful game. The receivers for the most part where contested.

As much as I love Estime, we miss Kyren. That bull rush play where Estime ran into the NG, he would have stepped around that and been gone.

Watching play by play, Parker wasn’t as bad as I thought, we didn’t execute well at all. Sam pressed as the game went on. The coaches didn’t adjust when Clemson did.

8 in the box, play action. M2M, slants or wheel routes or pics plays.

That game really showed we are in need of some weapons and some experience.

Let’s hope we finish strong!!

Last edited:
Been out a bit on the road and that Clemson game made me take a break. That game is up there with Stanford last year. Just a complete failure at all 4 levels (defense, offense, st and coaching).

As bad as I thought Parker called the game, like OSU there where a handfuls of plays that would have made a difference.

The first FG drive was caused by the 2nd down play where both Stayes decides to watch his assignment go unblocked and Sam tossing behind.

The second Sam doesn’t step around and make an easy hot route to the back leaking out.

The third Estime stepped out, he was not really forced out. More effort and he scores or puts us at the 2. Then Parker stunk up the series

Parker really in the first half had a good plan for the most part. His woes and the coaches where all second half adjustments.

I did watch the receiver play, we are really missing JT, ME and DC. There is no such pass available to Sam as a 50/50. Just call it a 5/95. He did have Flores crossing a few times underneath as he went deep to Greathouse.

Sam had a bad game for sure. That OL had an Aweful game. The receivers for the most part where contested.

As much as I love Estime, we miss Kyren. That bull rush play where Estime ran into the NG, he would have stepped around that and been gone.

Watching play by play, Parker wasn’t as bad as I thought, we didn’t execute well at all. Sam pressed as the game went on. The coaches didn’t adjust when Clemson did.

Not even close to as bad as Stanford

Stanford was a bad team and a series of bad/unlucky plays made us lose last year, which could have been avoided with just one fewer bad play there, i.e., the Estime fumble.

This Clemson team is actually a good team with a lot of talent that has made a series of mistakes over and over again, but has not been structurally and soundly out played in a single game this season. When it wound up not making mistakes, it played a good game.

Every computer model taking into account every play adjusting for opponent strength has Clemson as a top 20–25 team, with a top 5-top 10 defense.

Agree with just about everything here with the exception of comparing this to the Stanford game. Clemson has a ton of talent and the stadium atmosphere was electric for them.

I agree, Parker needs to be scrutinized and possibly fired but if the players execute better on offense we likely win that game, or at least take it to OT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT