ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson fails drug test - Ostarine

Do we all agree College football in the 60’s-90’s was Great! The 80’s is when PEDs really started to spread. Still, players like Bo and Hershel were clean and a blast to watch.

My point is, IIO you say we want bigger, faster, and stronger? No, we just want great games. Clean up the sport and I guarantee viewership will not drop.
Clean it up ? It's been going on for over 30 years everywhere. Where ya been ?

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Barry Bonds never tested positive either.

He admitted to it after the new testing standards came out & he knew he would pop.
So that’s when he started the “I just rubbed the cream on my skin the trainer gave me” defense. His trainer went to jail for a long time because he refused to testify against him.
That trainer is very wealthy now. Bonds took care of him for backing Bonds’ story.

Reactions: francade
Clean it up ? It's been going on for over 30 years everywhere. Where ya been ?
No stuttering here. Yes, clean it up. Baseball has taken steps to clean it up. Home runs went down but baseball is still packing ballparks

No stuttering here. Yes, clean it up. Baseball has taken steps to clean it up. Home runs went down but baseball is still packing ballparks

They are not going to clean it up. The vast majority of the sketchy shit that football players take is designed for recovery and the ability to come back from injury. It's too violent of game and too many stars would be out dealing with nagging injuries if they didn't let them shoot kids full of crap that get them through the week.

In this case, it's a different drug, but if you're going to crackdown on it, you might as well crack down on everything. The sport would suffer immensely in the short term and whoever tried to enforce it (unless that Feds get involved) would get sued into oblivion trying to take the sport down.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Whether the sport is “clean” or not will not affect viewership in any way.

Also, we don’t know for sure whether or not Bo or Hershel were clean or not. Does it really matter now? One thing is for certain—the difference in the way the great majority of athletes look today compared to the late ‘80s and even early ‘90s is a night and day difference. There’s 0% chance it’s all S & C and diet.
Don’t disagree, and we’ve had guys come in at 225 and leave at 310, ( KLM comes to mind). And guys play at 315 and 9 mos later they’re at 220 and you don’t even recognize them, ( Elmer for one). To compete at this level you have to do what everyone else does or you get your ass kicked. Of course the sport is filthy but there’s too much $ involved and whores care about $. It is what it is, I still love it

Reactions: notredamerises23
“ More performanceenhancing drugs means bigger, faster, freakier, which makes the sport more exciting”

Give me a break, you mean to say that w/o players taking steroids that the sport would be lacking in excitement? What a bunch of bullshit. Let’s just tell it like it is. There are rules and some Clemson players broke them. No horseshit excuses about hair products or creams. I think the game is plenty exciting enough whether players are juicing or not. Some people will defend the football factories & their practices no matter what I guess.

Anyone that attempts to defend bonds’ steroid use is sticking their head in the sand. He was as dirty as they come in the sport in regards to steroid use. Hall of fame player w/o the steroids a la Clemens, but let’s not kid ourselves, roids prolonged & enhanced both of their careers.

Failed drug test!
Results already came in!

Who is presuming quilt? The test said fail.

The B sample is just a double check. The B always comes back looking like the A.

Maybe if only one guy on the team failed. But three? The B test is to make sure the test process was not tainted. Three tainted test is highly unlikely.

Do we all agree College football in the 60’s-90’s was Great! The 80’s is when PEDs really started to spread. Still, players like Bo and Hershel were clean and a blast to watch.

My point is, IIO you say we want bigger, faster, and stronger? No, we just want great games. Clean up the sport and I guarantee viewership will not drop.

I totally agree that B will back up A if test was given fairly? The problem lies at the feet of the universities, AD's, and coaches. Most universities want winning athletic programs, they apply pressure on the AD's shoulders to win, and crap always flows downhill to the coaches. Our fanbase is no different from any other in the United States; when the fourth quarter ends we expect ND to win. We scream bloody murder if they don't and scream for the coaches job. It's the nature of the beast and that's why cleaning up college athletics is almost impossible. It's like the old saying in NASCAR, "If you ain't cheatin' then your not tryin'." I thought from day one that players caught using PEDs should be banned from competition in any college sport and expelled from school. Coaches and weightroom coordinators should suffer the same fate along with the ADs. It would have gotten the message across, BUT the NCAA did what they do best-they paid lip service to the situation. Now we want the barn door shut after our prized horse got hit by a 18 wheeler. Good luck with that one sports fans.

On a happier note: my wife has greatly improved but still has a long way to go with her speech. Keep praying for us.

“ More performanceenhancing drugs means bigger, faster, freakier, which makes the sport more exciting”

Give me a break, you mean to say that w/o players taking steroids that the sport would be lacking in excitement? What a bunch of bullshit. Let’s just tell it like it is. There are rules and some Clemson players broke them. No horseshit excuses about hair products or creams. I think the game is plenty exciting enough whether players are juicing or not. Some people will defend the football factories & their practices no matter what I guess.

Newsflash, there are ND kids juicing as well, they just didn't get caught. That's why I'm not outraged. The Clemson kids deserve any penalty they get. Cheating should and does deserve reprimand... But the faux outrage on this board is comical. As if they didn't it was rampant across the sport.

I'm sick of people living in a bubble and acting shocked and dismayed when someone gets caught cheating. The sport is awesome, but it's as rotten and corrupt as it gets.

Last edited:
Ontario, I never said that players (even ND players) aren’t using PEDs. My only argument was that the sport wouldn’t be as exciting w/o juiced players. That’s BS, IMO. The sport would be plenty exciting enough w/o it. I agree it’s happening though.

Ontario, I never said that players (even ND players) aren’t using PEDs. My only argument was that the sport wouldn’t be as exciting w/o juiced players. That’s BS, IMO. The sport would be plenty exciting enough w/o it. I agree it’s happening though.

I'm not advocating for steroid use. It's not my personal opinion that the sport is better off with it. My argument is that the decision makers, those that control the product, want / allow it, because they like the "bigger than life" component of it.

Reactions: Ara64
College football would be just as exciting if we went back to Rockne style football. Why? It's the struggle on the field and the tension created when two schools lay it all on the line for sixty minutes. It's the best and most exciting team sport in America. IIO hit it on the head; we have a PED problem in college football because it's unofficially accepted by the powers that control college sports. If you want ND to compete for the national title, then get use to it. Like I said, the ones getting hurt are those athletes who chose to walk that slick road.

So college football wasn’t exciting before PED’s were taken ? ? ?

So college football in the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s was boring ?

Your argument fails at every level and is tacit approval of the use of PED’s

Ultimately I hope he plays. I want to go up against their best and I do believe there is some products people regularly take, that show up positive in certain tests. I would hope Notre Dame is taking advantage of some of those products as well, as long as they're being safe.

“So college football wasn’t exciting before PED’s were taken ? ? ?

So college football in the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s was boring ?

Your argument fails at every level and is tacit approval of the use of PED’s”

I’m not sure who you’re arguing w/, Patrirish. I think the sport was and would be exciting w/o PEDs. That was my point.

so does anyone think that Clemson wins an appeal on this and that the players get to play saturday

so does anyone think that Clemson wins an appeal on this and that the players get to play saturday

My understanding is they first wait for the B sample/test results to come back tomorrow. If positive, which they supposedly expect 99% likely to be, that would leave less than 3 days for the appeal process to be carried out.

Francade,

Then I misunderstood your post.

I believe that most sports were in a purer form in the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s.

Somewhere along the line, probably coincidental with the rise of color television, sports transitioned from sports to entertainment.

I have a hard time watching basketball with all of the walking, palming, lack of charging call’s, 3 second calls, etc., etc..

Some aspects of football have suffered as well.
Moving the hash marks for one.

But it’s clear that Steroids, PED’s, and cheating in many forms along with leniency in rules violations has all been a contributor in the effort to enhance the entertainment value of the various sports.

End of rant. :):). :);)

Reactions: francade
Francade,

Then I misunderstood your post.

I believe that most sports were in a purer form in the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s.

Somewhere along the line, probably coincidental with the rise of color television, sports transitioned from sports to entertainment.

I have a hard time watching basketball with all of the walking, palming, lack of charging call’s, 3 second calls, etc., etc..

Some aspects of football have suffered as well.
Moving the hash marks for one.

But it’s clear that Steroids, PED’s, and cheating in many forms along with leniency in rules violations has all been a contributor in the effort to enhance the entertainment value of the various sports.

End of rant. :):). :);)

I think PEDs have always been around in one form or amother

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT