ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson fails drug test - Ostarine

Just read this in USA today also. Of course Dabo is downplaying it but that could be huge.

This is just the beginning. That is IF the NCAA really wants to blow the lid off.

Players are juicing all over the country. Schools like Clemson love the juiced up player.

You know this is not a surprise to the Clemson staff.

B sample comes back on Wednesday or Thursday. Dabo is waiting on that before saying they are out. I am a fan of MMA. The B sample always comes back line the A sample “FAIL”!

This is just the beginning. That is IF the NCAA really wants to blow the lid off.

Players are juicing all over the country. Schools like Clemson love the juiced up player.

Agreed, players are juicing all over the country. In Indiana too. Why throw stones ?

You realize that when you say “all over the country,” that you include everyone? Because everyone’s taking something. Elite genetics, strength and conditioning programs, and diet can only do so much.

You realize that when you say “all over the country,” that you include everyone? Because everyone’s taking something. Elite genetics, strength and conditioning programs, and diet can only do so much.
Yes, blew the top off!

If ND has cheaters, expose them.

Agreed, players are juicing all over the country. In Indiana too. Why throw stones ?
Who's throwing stones? We're not making this up? I really have no clue if peds are a systemmic issue in college football. I thought this is why we have ncaa testing. Does not ND players get tested too?

I believe in the presumption of innocence until proven guilty. I'm sick of this broad stroke mentality that says your guilty until proven innocent. Let the process play out and then punish them that are guilty. I suspect widespread performance enhancing use in college athletics, but proving it is another animal. These young men and women are only hurting themselves in the long run.

Reactions: theskibro and rgc7
Throw stones?

These players are taking drops of a banned substance under the tongue.

If ND is doing it then they should pay the price.

If the sport needs to be cleaned up then start cleaning.

Arizona basketball player
Allonzo Trier failed the same test and was suspended half the season. Arizona did the drug test not the NCAA.

No way Clemson did not know they were using unless they started using after team drug testing.

I believe in the presumption of innocence until proven guilty. I'm sick of this broad stroke mentality that says your guilty until proven innocent. Let the process play out and then punish them that are guilty. I suspect widespread performance enhancing use in college athletics, but proving it is another animal. These young men and women are only hurting themselves in the long run.
Failed drug test!
Results already came in!

Who is presuming quilt? The test said fail.

The B sample is just a double check. The B always comes back looking like the A.

Maybe if only one guy on the team failed. But three? The B test is to make sure the test process was not tainted. Three tainted test is highly unlikely.

Reactions: Ara64
Who's throwing stones? We're not making this up? I really have no clue if peds are a systemmic issue in college football. I thought this is why we have ncaa testing. Does not ND players get tested too?

It's widespread across college football. There is little, if any testing during the off season, where strength and mass gaining takes place. Elite strength coaches today basically have advanced degrees in chemistry, or at least they know somebody who does. They can get these kids on combinations of drugs that their system chews through really quickly, so it's no longer there come the start of camp... Everyone's body metabolizes differently, and their fat tissue stores things differently. That is the likely the reason (provided the B samples come back positive) that the Ostarine, which is used as a mass gainer in combination, showed up in trace amounts in their systems. It was likely (again, if they are proven guilty via the B sample) taken in the off season, with the idea that it would be gone out of their system come drug testing time.

It's a popular combination along with things like Anavar and Deca in both the military and college football world.

And before you even ask why there isn't stricter drug testing in the off season... The answer is easy, but some don't want to hear it... They don't want to catch players and have to suspend them. More performance enhancing drugs means bigger, faster, freakier athletes, which makes the sport more exciting... Excitement = Money. If that means turning a blind eye, or providing a period of time in the year for people to get away things without consequence, more $$$$$$$$$

Reactions: notredamerises23

Ara,
Good see you posting again, hope the wife is improved greatly, and enjoy theGreat ND win !
Also agree with the above post completely. Merry Christmas as well !

A failed test is legally “guilty.”
The B test is an appeal process. If the person who fails admits to it & doesn’t appeal, then a B sample isn’t even tested.
They are currently in the “appeal process” now. An “appeal” is only after a guilty or non-guilty decision is given.

B sample comes back on Wednesday or Thursday. Dabo is waiting on that before saying they are out. I am a fan of MMA. The B sample always comes back line the A sample “FAIL”!

That’s because MMA organizations use USADA/WADA testing. Those agencies use vigorous procedures that are tried & tested, holding up in federal courts.
I’m not sure what the NCAA uses? There are some Mickey Mouse testing agencies out there I wouldn’t trust with making Kool Aid.

A failed test is legally “guilty.”
The B test is an appeal process. If the person who fails admits to it & doesn’t appeal, then a B sample isn’t even tested.
They are currently in the “appeal process” now. An “appeal” is only after a guilty or non-guilty decision is given.

Exactly. All the B sample does is act as confirmation of the A sample. 99.9% of the time it gives you the same results, because it's it the same sample, split into two.

It's widespread across college football. There is little, if any testing during the off season, where strength and mass gaining takes place. Elite strength coaches today basically have advanced degrees in chemistry, or at least they know somebody who does. They can get these kids on combinations of drugs that their system chews through really quickly, so it's no longer there come the start of camp... Everyone's body metabolizes differently, and their fat tissue stores things differently. That is the likely the reason (provided the B samples come back positive) that the Ostarine, which is used as a mass gainer in combination, showed up in trace amounts in their systems. It was likely (again, if they are proven guilty via the B sample) taken in the off season, with the idea that it would be gone out of their system come drug testing time.

It's a popular combination along with things like Anavar and Deca in both the military and college football world.

And before you even ask why there isn't stricter drug testing in the off season... The answer is easy, but some don't want to hear it... They don't want to catch players and have to suspend them. More performance enhancing drugs means bigger, faster, freakier athletes, which makes the sport more exciting... Excitement = Money. If that means turning a blind eye, or providing a period of time in the year for people to get away things without consequence, more $$$$$$$$$
Do we all agree College football in the 60’s-90’s was Great! The 80’s is when PEDs really started to spread. Still, players like Bo and Hershel were clean and a blast to watch.

My point is, IIO you say we want bigger, faster, and stronger? No, we just want great games. Clean up the sport and I guarantee viewership will not drop.

Reactions: Ara64
That’s because MMA organizations use USADA/WADA testing. Those agencies use vigorous procedures that are tried & tested, holding up in federal courts.
I’m not sure what the NCAA uses? There are some Mickey Mouse testing agencies out there I wouldn’t trust with making Kool Aid.
NCAA uses WADA

Do we all agree College football in the 60’s-90’s was Great! The 80’s is when PEDs really started to spread. Still, players like Bo and Hershel were clean and a blast to watch.

My point is, IIO you say we want bigger, faster, and stronger? No, we just want great games. Clean up the sport and I guarantee viewership will not drop.

Whether the sport is “clean” or not will not affect viewership in any way.

Also, we don’t know for sure whether or not Bo or Hershel were clean or not. Does it really matter now? One thing is for certain—the difference in the way the great majority of athletes look today compared to the late ‘80s and even early ‘90s is a night and day difference. There’s 0% chance it’s all S & C and diet.

Whether the sport is “clean” or not will not affect viewership in any way.

Also, we don’t know for sure whether or not Bo or Hershel were clean or not. Does it really matter now? One thing is for certain—the difference in the way the great majority of athletes look today compared to the late ‘80s and even early ‘90s is a night and day difference. There’s 0% chance it’s all S & C and diet.
It matters for my argument. Bo and Hershel were 100% clean. That was never a question.

The sport does not need druged up athletes to be popular

If that's the case that's just sick and the and the NCAA just needs to be disbanded and make it an free for all on whatever drugs. Money is ruining college sports and turning into a paid pros

Reactions: Zorich 88

It's not about viewership... They
If that's the case that's just sick and the and the NCAA just needs to be disbanded and make it an free for all on whatever drugs. Money is ruining college sports and turning into a paid pros

The NCAA is horrible at everything. It's like the UN... Great in theory.

North American sport, in particular, is extremely hard to regulate under a brand or a commission, because as soon as there is big money involved, there are people that will sue you at all costs to stop you from exposing or defaming their brand. See North Carolina with the massive scam that went on there. They basically said "**** it, yep, we're guilty, but if you come after us, we'll tie you up in court forever and sue the pants off you".

Big money and lawyers that will sue for anything helped ruin whatever little equity there was in sport a long time ago. Since then it's become the wild wild west. I tell people all the time. Enjoy the competition for what it is and just hope your team is doing what it needs to in order to be competitive, without doing anything detrimental to the health and safety of the kids or anyone associated with them.

Really?
Then I can’t see the B sample coming back different.
From CBS Sports

Swinney said that Lawrence, Giella and Galloway all failed an NCAA drug test that produced a "sliver of ostarine" in the results. Ostarine is a performance-enhancing substance used for muscle-building and is currently on the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) prohibited list. .

It's not about viewership... They

The NCAA is horrible at everything. It's like the UN... Great in theory.

North American sport, in particular, is extremely hard to regulate under a brand or a commission, because as soon as there is big money involved, there are people that will sue you at all costs to stop you from exposing or defaming their brand. See North Carolina with the massive scam that went on there. They basically said "**** it, yep, we're guilty, but if you come after us, we'll tie you up in court forever and sue the pants off you".

Big money and lawyers that will sue for anything helped ruin whatever little equity there was in sport a long time ago. Since then it's become the wild wild west. I tell people all the time. Enjoy the competition for what it is and just hope your team is doing what it needs to in order to be competitive, without doing anything detrimental to the health and safety of the kids or anyone associated with them.
“They” need us. “They” need our $$$.

“They” need us. “They” need our $$$.

They absolutely do need us. But while you might be moral on the topic, they're counting on the fact that most aren't like you... They just want to watch the game and cheer for their teams. They want to see high scoring offenses. They want to see 320lb offensive linemen with 6 packs. They want to follow their fantasy team every week.

I applaud your sentiment. But the billionaires will win on this one unless there is some massive fan reaction, which I highly doubt there will be.

I doubt he will be cleared. Moreover this will hurt his draft stock and could hurt their recruiting. All big teams have a pretty comprehensive list of approved supplements, when things like this come back its its usu the kid trying to get an advantage during a break. He just got busted. Sorry but he shouldnt play.

It matters for my argument. Bo and Hershel were 100% clean. That was never a question.

The sport does not need druged up athletes to be popular

Sadly, zero way of knowing this. Logically, the chance that they used substances is greater than those of them not using anything.

From CBS Sports

Swinney said that Lawrence, Giella and Galloway all failed an NCAA drug test that produced a "sliver of ostarine" in the results. Ostarine is a performance-enhancing substance used for muscle-building and is currently on the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) prohibited list. .

I know it’s on WADA’s list, & the article uses it as reference, but according to the NCAA’s site, they have reviewed WADA & USADA procedures, but DO NOT use them for testing:

“In 1988, the Committee on Competitive Safeguards and Medical Aspects of Sports (CSMAS) assumed responsibility for NCAA drug education and testing programs. Year-round drug testing was introduced in 1989, and initially only included Division I football. With the intent of providing independent administration and transparency, the NCAA transferred the administration of drug testing programs to The National Center for Drug Free Sport, Inc. (Drug Free Sport) in 1999. Since then, Drug Free Sport has administered drug testing for all NCAA sports, with year-round (including summer) and championship drug testing.”

http://www.ncaa.org/sport-science-institute/ncaa-doping-drug-education-and-drug-testing-task-force

Reactions: Zorich 88
Sadly, zero way of knowing this. Logically, the chance that they used substances is greater than those of them not using anything.
What?
Bo and Hershel looked like grown men since high school freshman year. Never ever was there ever talk of them using PEDs

What?
Bo and Hershel looked like grown men since high school freshman year. Never ever was there ever talk of them using PEDs

It's not about "looking like grown men"... It's about near genetic impossibilities, like having a 6 pack at 300+lbs, or having an extra layer of "armor", over your existing muscle.

It's not about "looking like grown men"... It's about near genetic impossibilities, like having a 6 pack at 300+lbs, or having an extra layer of "armor", over your existing muscle.

Something we know now, & not as much back then, is how steroids cause “freakish” injuries you normally don’t see in very healthy people. It’s becayse the way the steroids weaken joints & bones, along with enlarging internal organs. So it makes me curious how Bo had one of the weirdest injuries I’ve still ever seen?

Something we know now, & not as much back then, is how steroids cause “freakish” injuries you normally don’t see in very healthy people. It’s becayse the way the steroids weaken joints & bones, along with enlarging internal organs. So it makes me curious how Bo had one of the weirdest injuries I’ve still ever seen?

The Soviet Hockey teams that used to compete against the Canadian teams experienced the same issues. Those guys were juiced to the gills (hell, some of our guys might have been too). Europe / Asia is where the science for these things seems to be perfected. The Soviet guys were zombie monsters... Then they'd have the weirdest joint or ligaments injuries that you ever heard of. Crazy stuff.

Remember when Alistair Overeem was fighting back in K1, or when he first came to the UFC, before USADA?.. I think it was Joe Rogan that coined him "Ubereem"... That guy taking so much stuff it was unbelievable. He was larger than life, had a 12 pack at 265lbs, could cut 40lbs when he wanted to like it was nothing, and never lost a shred of athleticism as he bulked.

There is some crazy stuff out there.

The Soviet Hockey teams that used to compete against the Canadian teams experienced the same issues. Those guys were juiced to the gills (hell, some of our guys might have been too). Europe / Asia is where the science for these things seems to be perfected. The Soviet guys were zombie monsters... Then they'd have the weirdest joint or ligaments injuries that you ever heard of. Crazy stuff.

Remember when Alistair Overeem was fighting back in K1, or when he first came to the UFC, before USADA?.. I think it was Joe Rogan that coined him "Ubereem"... That guy taking so much stuff it was unbelievable. He was larger than life, had a 12 pack at 265lbs, could cut 40lbs when he wanted to like it was nothing, and never lost a shred of athleticism as he bulked.

There is some crazy stuff out there.

Overeem used to fight at 205, and looked normal. Then he beefed up to 285, all muscle, & had to cut weight to make HW at 265. He said he ate “horse meat.” LOL
Then drug testing in the UFC caused him to slim back down & he got destroyed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT