ADVERTISEMENT

Charles Haley is the GOAT LB

I have been saying that about the NBA for years...... if we judged by rings... Robert Horry would be the greatest of all time.

I have been saying that about the NBA for years...... if we judged by rings... Robert Horry would be the greatest of all time.
He doesn't have as many rings as Bill Russell. Russell has 11 championships, Horry only has 7.

because he won 5 Super Bowls
Sorry Lawerence Taylor he has more rings.
BTW, didn't Charles play DE not LB? I mean I don't think he was a true LB because I thought of him more as a stand up OLB playing in the DE position. Maybe I'm wrong.

Rings is ONE way to measure. Nobody in the NBA says bill Russell is better than Jordan. Rings matter more in the NBA, unless you're a quarterback. I thought brady was better than Montana before the season even started. 28-2 touchdown ratio. 50 tds & 16 and 0 the one year he has a great receiver. He dominates with nobodies at receiver. Montana kinda had the best receiver in NFL history... it's not even close and rings are just a part of why

Reactions: Pennick44
I'm not even an NFL fan but Brady has done way more with way less than anyone else ... it's not even close. Marino had mad skills. Montana played with lots of superstars and an innovator coach.

Rings simply signify you played on championship teams. Mr. Bank Shot Sam Jones was a heck of a basketball player. He could nail 20 foot bank shots blindfolded all day. You hardly hear any of these kids mention his name anymore. I would take Johnny Unitas, Bart Star, Roger Staubach, or Joe Montana over Tom Brady any day of the week. Any of those greats would have no trouble playing in this defenseless league, but I seriously doubt Brady could hold up to the pounding of their day. Brady is simply the product of a defenseless league that puts up PlayStation numbers.

Last edited:
Reactions: IrishHerb
BTW, didn't Charles play DE not LB? I mean I don't think he was a true LB because I thought of him more as a stand up OLB playing in the DE position. Maybe I'm wrong.
He was a LB.. weak side LB often play standing up

Rings simply signify you played on championship teams. Mr. Bank Shot Sam Jones was a heck of a basketball player. He could nail 20 foot bank shots blindfolded all day. You hardly hear any of these kids mention his name anymore. I would take Johnny Unitas, Bart Star, Roger Staubach, or Joe Montana over Tom Brady any day of the week. Any of those greats would have no trouble playing in this defenseless league, but I seriously doubt Brady could hold up to the pounding of their day. Brady is simply the product of a defenseless league that pits up PlayStation numbers.
The winning percentage without Brady since the first super bowl is 70% with back up qbs
With Brady a 77.3%
With Brady plus 7%

Manning was 67.7%
With his back ups 12.5%
With Manning plus 55.2%

One small bit of grace for the weekend, your opinion on these matters are useless...

I am a die-hard ND guy (and went) and Montana guy but Brady is GOAT, period.

I don't know who "Bart Star" and neither do you, so good luck with that! : ) \

Go Irish! (if we want to hate on Brady for going to Michigan, I am in but the rest, nope)

Rings simply signify you played on championship teams. Mr. Bank Shot Sam Jones was a heck of a basketball player. He could nail 20 foot bank shots blindfolded all day. You hardly hear any of these kids mention his name anymore. I would take Johnny Unitas, Bart Star, Roger Staubach, or Joe Montana over Tom Brady any day of the week. Any of those greats would have no trouble playing in this defenseless league, but I seriously doubt Brady could hold up to the pounding of their day. Brady is simply the product of a defenseless league that pits up PlayStation numbers.

Reactions: Pennick44
One small bit of grace for the weekend, your opinion on these matters are useless...

I am a die-hard ND guy (and went) and Montana guy but Brady is GOAT, period.

I don't know who "Bart Star" and neither do you, so good luck with that! : ) \

Go Irish! (if we want to hate on Brady for going to Michigan, I am in but the rest, nope)
Do you know the difference between most accomplished vs greatest?
Fing simpleton. Smh

Brady has been an all pro 2 times

Last edited:
I always thought Pete Maravich is one of the greatest basketball players. 44.2 pts a game in college before the three point line was established, a record that will never be broken. Even averaged 24.2 in the NBA

There is no question. Brady is by far the best. Peyton crapped his pants in most big games.
Denver D carried him to the last SB.

Pardon my french but Hogwash! Montana played on a team was wanted to run the ball to control the game. The defenses were much tougher then and laid the lumber on the quarterbacks. Defensive backs were allowed to play physical football and could layout defenseless receivers; while the front seven could hit the Quarterbacks with bad intentions. In his last Super Bowl Montana played the best game of his brilliant career. I remember John Madden saying, "Montana's playing like a man among boys." You can have candy butt and I'll take Joe "Cool" any game of the week, playing by the rules in either era.

When you do the ring test you judge it by two things.
1. Was the team that won the championships built around the player in question?

2. Would the team win a championship without the player in question.

The Robert Horry argument is a wash if you answer these two questions.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Pardon my french but Hogwash! Montana played on a team was wanted to run the ball to control the game. The defenses were much tougher then and laid the lumber on the quarterbacks. Defensive backs were allowed to play physical football and could layout defenseless receivers; while the front seven could hit the Quarterbacks with bad intentions. In his last Super Bowl Montana played the best game of his brilliant career. I remember John Madden saying, "Montana's playing like a man among boys." You can have candy butt and I'll take Joe "Cool" any game of the week, playing by the rules in either era.
All the players today are bigger and faster. I will take the QB with 7 Super Bowl appearances and 5 wins. Jerry Rice could make Brock Osweiler a great QB . The competition is long over. Brady in a run away.

Reactions: Domerdad
7 super bowl appearances vs 1 under age hooker conviction .
Half the game you sit and watch
The other half you are playing with 10 other guys. (Without Brady the pats 14-6)
2 all pros and you call him the goat?
Stop letting ESPN tell you what to think.
Most accomplished ? Yes
Greatest ? No
Marino elway Montana Rodgers are all better QBs, but not as accomplished.

Half the game you sit and watch
The other half you are playing with 10 other guys. (Without Brady the pats 14-6)
2 all pros and you call him the goat?
Stop letting ESPN tell you what to think.
Most accomplished ? Yes
Greatest ? No
Marino elway Montana Rodgers are all better QBs, but not as accomplished.
Not any question. Brady ended competition 2 years ago. Anyone who knows the game will tell you that. He isn't done getting rings. He may not have enough fingers. Do they make rings for toes?

Not any question. Brady ended competition 2 years ago. Anyone who knows the game will tell you that. He isn't done getting rings. He may not have enough fingers. Do they make rings for toes?
Most accomplished.
Zack Martin has as many all pro selections as Tom Brady.
10- Jerry rice
9- Anthony Munoz
8 - LT

Last edited:
Most accomplished.
Zack Martin has as many all pro selections as Tom Brady.
10- Jerry rice
9- Anthony Munoz
8 - LT
You are entitled to your inane opinion.
Brady and well below Rice, and the rest. A stratosphere away from TB 12.

You are entitled to your inane opinion.
Brady and well below Rice, and the rest. A stratosphere away from TB 12.
2 all pros..
great QB. For sure.
6-6 in the playoffs when his defense gives up 21 points.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT