ADVERTISEMENT

Super Bowl Champion - Drue Tranquill

DOMER1964

Shakes Down The Thunder
Nov 6, 2011
Notre Dame Nation:

Let's congratulate Drue whose name will be forever remembered as a Super Bowl Champion! He has been through a lot through the years with injuries and the like. So proud of him. He always put it all on the line when he is out on the field. Ending the season with a Super Bowl victory is so very fitting!!!! Go Irish!!!!

Last edited:
There were a lot of unhappy LAC fans when the front office let Drue walk from a 1Y $3M contract and instead signed an over the hill Eric Kendricks on a 2Y $!3.5M contract. Drue had a much better year and Kendricks will probably be gone before next season. Part of the reason HC Brandon Staley and GM Tom Telesco are now gone and Harbaugh is the HC.

But it sure worked out pretty well for Drue. By all accounts he is well liked in KC and he is a SB champion!

Tranquil has a beautiful young family it's good to see him having the kind of success that will set them up for the rest of their lives.

I remember him having a great game against Georgia Tech. After breaking up a pass late in the second quarter in Notre Dame’s 30-22 victory in September 2015, Tranquill leaped into the air for a chest bump with middle linebacker Joe Schmidt, he injured his knee. He met that circumstance head on.

He is a special young man and athlete. He is no stranger to adversity and is an inspiration to so many in that he met that adversity and was able to come out on the right side - Now Super Bowl Champion! Proud of you Drue!!!! Go Irish!!!

Last edited:
I remember him having a great game against Geogia Tech. After breaking up a pass late in the second quarter in Notre Dame’s 30-22 victory in September 2015, Tranquill leaped into the air for a chest bump with middle linebacker Joe Schmidt, he injured his knee. He met that circumstance head on.

He is a special young man and athlete. He is no stranger to adversity and is an inspiration to so many in that he met that adversity and was able to come out on the right side - Now Super Bowl Champion! Proud of you Drue!!!! Go Irish!!!
👍☘️

There were a lot of unhappy LAC fans when the front office let Drue walk from a 1Y $3M contract and instead signed an over the hill Eric Kendricks on a 2Y $!3.5M contract. Drue had a much better year and Kendricks will probably be gone before next season. Part of the reason HC Brandon Staley and GM Tom Telesco are now gone and Harbaugh is the HC.

But it sure worked out pretty well for Drue. By all accounts he is well liked in KC and he is a SB champion!
There were a lot of discontented Irish fans when we signed this “3 star” away from Purdue. Then he injured ACL’s in back to back years

What a true example of hard work and perseverance

Drue was always one of those inspirational guys that made you just have to root for him. Overcame 2 ACL tears and had some anxiety issues that he finally conquered. Majored in mechanical engineering and carried a 3.73 GPA. All while playing football! He never took the easy way. Twice a team captain. Great locker room guy. Could not be happier for him to see him become a SB champion.

Avery Davis was another one of those players cut in the mold of Drue Tranquill. Recruited to ND to play QB, but kept getting moved around to different positions, first DB and then finally settled in as a slot receiver, where I thought he blossomed. LIke Drue, Avery also suffered two ACL tears, but persevered and came out better for it. Never complained and always a "team first" guy. Team captain his senior year. Respected in the locker room. He hasn't found the success that Drue has in the NFL, but I am still rooting for him.

Those guys have been two of my favorite ND players.

Last edited:
Good for him. He's had a great career so far. Aaron Banks started for the 49ers, so we would've had a Domer champion either way.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Drue was always one of those inspirational guys that made you just have to root for him. Overcame 2 ACL tears and had some anxiety issues that he finally conquered. Majored in mechanical engineering and carried a 3.73 GPA. All while playing football! He never took the easy way. Twice a team captain. Great locker room guy. Could not be happier for him to see him become a SB champion.

Avery Davis was another one of those players cut in the mold of Drue Tranquill. Recruited to ND to play QB, but kept getting moved around to different positions, first DB and then finally settled in as a slot receiver, where I thought he blossomed. LIke Drue, Avery also suffered two ACL tears, but persevered and came out better for it. Never complained and always a "team first" guy. Team captain his senior year. Respected in the locker room. He hasn't found the success that Drue has in the NFL, but I am still rooting for him.

Those guys have been two of my favorite ND players.
I agree 1000% on both Drue and Avery, exception players and seemingly even better people!!

Notre Dame Nation:

Let's congratulate Drue whose name will be forever remembered as a Super Bowl Champion! He has been through a lot through the years with injuries and the like. So proud of him. He always put it all on the line when he is out on the field. Ending the season with a Super Bowl victory is so very fitting!!!! Go Irish!!!!
One of my favorites of the recent past at ND. He's been bounced around a bit and no doubt sticking with it paid off.
I was hoping the same for Harrison Smith but 10 plus season with Minnesota has made him a living but not the big ring

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT