ADVERTISEMENT

Boston College QB Phil Jurkovec reflects on Notre Dame football transfer: Brian Kelly 'lied to my parents'

Everyone knows PJ has a higher ceiling than Book.

He transferred because he wasn’t being developed and I don’t blame him.

However, PJ should stop airing his dirty laundry about ND. It’s not a good look for him, especially with NFL teams.

Reactions: HotCarNut

However, PJ should stop airing his dirty laundry about ND. It’s not a good look for him, especially with NFL teams.
He still makes some poor decisions

3 TOs yesterday

He transferred because he got beat out. The kid is soft.

And he sucks. Like, when does he ever play good? Like so good, that you're like, Oh my god this dude is so much better than Ian Book! Never, is the answer. He's never made ND or BK or Chip Long look silly for putting him firmly at second string during his time at ND....

That's the truth. He's not that great. At all. In addition to being a little bitch.....

I think Book earned the job as well, but I also think PJ wasn’t being developed. Brian Kelly had a poor track record with QB development.

I don’t agree with PJ being soft. What’s you evidence that he’s soft?

QBs transfer all the time for playing time, otherwise they have almost no chance to play in the NFL.

He still makes some poor decisions

3 TOs yesterday
I don’t think he’s a 1st round draft pick but I wouldn’t be surprised if PJ gets drafted higher than Book.

IMO, PJ has a higher ceiling than Book. He is just more physical gifted as a QB. Book doesn’t the arm strength for the NFL, but Book was the better option for the Brian Kelly offensive.

I think Book earned the job as well, but I also think PJ wasn’t being developed. Brian Kelly had a poor track record with QB development.

I don’t agree with PJ being soft. What’s you evidence that he’s soft?

QBs transfer all the time for playing time, otherwise they have almost no chance to play in the NFL.
He is always hurt and wasn't putting in the time to improve his craft.
He wanted to be given the job.

I don’t think he’s a 1st round draft pick but I wouldn’t be surprised if PJ gets drafted higher than Book.

IMO, PJ has a higher ceiling than Book. He is just more physical gifted as a QB. Book doesn’t the arm strength for the NFL, but Book was the better option for the Brian Kelly offensive.
He is in the NFL.

PJ can be much better for sure

love his size and strength. Just make better decisions

right now, like you, I don’t think he has shown 1st day potential yet

Reactions: McCallen ND NYC
He is no wuss. He picked ND. He was ffed over and lied to by purple face He is far better than Book. Did Book ever do this — “Jurkovec is now a preseason All-ACC candidates at Boston College and 2023 NFL Draft prospect heading into Saturday's season opener. He threw for 2,558 yards and 17 touchdowns during the 2020 season”

yeah stop protecting the guy who killed a kid on a high lift in a wind storm and gave Lou the finger and couldn’t motivate a slug on Red Bull and left ND like a hoodie booking in 1969 Watts

no Jurkovec is no wuss. He calls it the way it is not like weenie wusses don’t

Hope he tears it up
I respectfully disagree SkiBro !!!!
Jerko should have kept quiet and let his play do the talking. Losing to Rutgers was a terrible start to the season for him. And he is injury prone unlike Ian Book.
Ian Book led the Irish to
AND .........

Started Golson over Rees who repeatedly had to come in and bail him out all year long

AND ........

Kept starting Golson over Zaire even well after Golson became the turnover king

AND .......
Started Zaire over Kizer. The only reason Kizer played was a broken leg to Zaire. This one might be the dumbest of all as Kizer was miles ahead of Zaire

AND ........
Started Wimbush over Book...repeatedly...when it was clear after two games Wimbush was the most inaccurate passer in ND history

AND .........
Starting Wimbush way too long it completely messed up the QB rotation cycle

AND ......
Played Book repeatedly over and over because...

He ....

Was......

The.......

Safe, warm and cozy option that would consistently make the proper throw of the 3 yard curl and sit route.

You have to give it to Book. He was the good little soldier who wouldn't dare go against the almighty to improvise, adapt and overcome. No sir. He played perfect Brian Kelly offense. Timid and tentative and absolutely positively terrified of failure.
You went too far in calling Book a good little soldier who didnt dare go against the almighty Kelly.

Book led the Irish to two playoff appearances. His running ability bailed out the Irish again and again !!
He was the BEST option the Irish had in the room. And he did one helluva job.
He would have led the Irish to their third playoff appearance in four years if he chose to come back instead of going pro last season.
Books teams had alot of talent especially on defense but he didnt blow any games.

If anything you should blame Brian Kellys QB recruiting . He couldn't recruit an elite QB.

Reactions: francade
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT