ADVERTISEMENT

Book to return it appears

Im not knocking Book either, I’m knocking his lack of development by the coaching staff. My point is Burrow was a very low rated 3 star coming out HS. Yet developed into a Heisman winner.

Burrow didn’t magically develop talent, and neither did coaching, it was always there.

Whomever considered him a very low rated 3 star prospect lacks an evaluative eye and an IQ

So, according to you, what coach offered a scholarship to a very low rated 3 star QB ?

What coach is responsible for developing him into a Heisman winner ?

I also believe the reverse would be true. If Burrow had signed with ND, he would be no where near where he is now. That’s coaching and it’s why the elite skill players are choosing to go elsewhere.

QB’s don’t play in a vacuum !

Their surrounding cast and their talent often determines the QB’s performance.

Book completed 62 % of his passes against Georgia.

Fromm only completed 48 % against LSU

Are you equating the supporting cast that Book has with the supporting cast that Burrow has ?
Georgia wants Fromm gone

“Georgia wants Fromm gone”

Then Georgia is as full of it when evaluating qbs as you are.

“They did choose the wrong guy between Fromm & fields though, IMO.”

That’s a matter of opinion but to say that Georgia wants Fromm gone is idiotic. That was my point. I don’t think fields was as good a fit for Georgia’s offense & I don’t think Fromm would fit osu’s offense. And I’d rather have Fromm’s passing abilities over fields’. You want a read option qb, go w/ fields, but if we’re talking solely throwing the ball, I’d take fromm in a heartbeat. That’s just my opinion.

That’s a matter of opinion but to say that Georgia wants Fromm gone is idiotic. That was my point. I don’t think fields was as good a fit for Georgia’s offense & I don’t think Fromm would fit osu’s offense. And I’d rather have Fromm’s passing abilities over fields’. You want a read option qb, go w/ fields, but if we’re talking solely throwing the ball, I’d take fromm in a heartbeat. That’s just my opinion.
I didn’t say I want Fromm gone or what I think he should do. Georgia experts and fans want Fromm gone and some believe the staff may actually push him towards the draft. Maybe last night changes things with the connection Pickens and him had.

Also, fields had 7% better completion percentage, 4-500 more yards, 15 more throwing tds, and less picks with just as difficult of a schedule.

Fromm had experience over Fields and most coaches will stick with it at QB over talent. Fromm isn’t a scrub either. If Fromm was terrible last year, Fields doesn’t transfer and starts this year at UGA.

Fromm had experience over Fields and most coaches will stick with it at QB over talent. Fromm isn’t a scrub either. If Fromm was terrible last year, Fields doesn’t transfer and starts this year at UGA.
Fromm is not terrible, book is not terrible. Both of those qbs can’t put a team on their back, what you need to win a title in today’s game. Lawrence and burrow can and did. Fields had an average game and almost got his team to championship.
Most coaches typically go with experience and those coaches don’t get titles like Dabo or saban who don’t just go with experience.

Reactions: NotreDomer1

Stats don't tell the entire story as a passer, but here was Jake Fromm in year 3 as a starter, vs Justin Fields in year 1...

Jake Fromm (3rd year starter)
Passing Yards: 2860 yards
Passing TDs: 24
Interceptions: 5
Completion %: 60.8%
Average completion: 7.4 yards
QB Rating: 141.2

Justin Fields (1st year starter)
Passing Yards: 3273 yards
Passing TDs: 41
Interceptions: 3
Completion %: 67.2%
Average completion: 9.2 yards
QB Rating: 181.4

Even when you adjust for schedule and supporting cast, the fact that Fromm is 2 years further along and Fields crushed him in every passing category says a lot about their abilities as passers. Fields is on a completely different level throwing the football, IMO. For a kid with as little experience as he has, to put up those numbers was ridiculous. In particular the accuracy numbers and the 41/3, TD/INT ratio.

Not to mention Fields added 484 yards rushing and 10 rushing touchdowns (51 touchdowns total) vs Fromm's -12 yards rushing and ZERO rushing touchdowns.

Absolutely no contest. Fields more than doubled Fromm's scoring production, outgained him by 1000'ish yards of offense and was significantly better in every single measurable category, through the air and on the ground.

“Also, fields had 7% better completion percentage, 4-500 more yards, 15 more throwing tds, and less picks with just as difficult of a schedule.”

You’re seriously comparing stats w/ qbs that played in the OSU offense and the Georgia offense? Lol

And it sure seemed like you were in agreement w/ “Georgia wanting fromm gone”, if you weren’t, good for you, if you were, then you along w/ “Georgia” are full of it.

“Stats don't tell the entire story as a passer, but here was Jake Fromm in year 3 as a starter, vs Justin Fields in year 1...

Jake Fromm (3rd year starter)
Passing Yards: 2860 yards
Passing TDs: 24
Interceptions: 5
Completion %: 60.8%
Average completion: 7.4 yards
QB Rating: 141.2

Justin Fields (1st year starter)
Passing Yards: 3273 yards
Passing TDs: 41
Interceptions: 3
Completion %: 67.2%
Average completion: 9.2 yards
QB Rating: 181.4

Even when you adjust for schedule and supporting cast, the fact that Fromm is 2 years further along and Fields crushed him in every passing category says a lot about their abilities as passers. Fields is on a completely different level throwing the football, IMO. For a kid with as little experience as he has, to put up those numbers was ridiculous. In particular the accuracy numbers and the 41/3, TD/INT ratio.

Not to mention Fields added 484 yards rushing and 10 rushing touchdowns (51 touchdowns total) vs Fromm's -12 yards rushing and ZERO rushing touchdowns.

Absolutely no contest. Fields more than doubled Fromm's scoring production, outgained him by 1000'ish yards of offense and was significantly better in every single measurable category, through the air and on the ground.”

Looks like you’re going the same route as nasty and comparing qb stats from two entirely different teams. That’s ridiculous considering how qb friendly stat-wise one is compared to the other, but if it bolsters your argument, go right ahead.

“Fields is on a completely different level throwing the football, IMO.”

I respectfully disagree 100%.

“Fields is on a completely different level throwing the football, IMO.”

I respectfully disagree 100%.

That's fine. We usually do disagree. I would challenge you to present me with a couple viable, provable (via evidence) reasons why you would choose Jake Fromm over Justin Fields to quarterback any offense?

Reactions: jcswoopnh
That's fine. We usually do disagree. I would challenge you to present me with a couple viable, provable (via evidence) reasons why you would choose Jake Fromm over Justin Fields to quarterback any offense?
There is no viable reason. Fields is much better.

There is no viable reason. Fields is much better.
Yep... fields is exactly what you want in college qb, Buchner has his ability/potential. Fromm was intended to be a backup QB same with book. For different reasons they took over and have done well at times, Fromm more than book in big games.

Yep... fields is exactly what you want in college qb, Buchner has his ability/potential. Fromm was intended to be a backup QB same with book. For different reasons they took over and have done well at times, Fromm more than book in big games.
Fromm is not Fields but he's no backup. He has a NFL future. He'll get drafted around the 3rd if he comes out this year maybe higher. Hes graded as the 5th or 6th draft eligible qb coming out

Fromm was a 5 star QB coming out of high school, led his team to overtime in the National Championship and will be drafted I the NFL when he's done at Georgia. He's not Justin Fields, but he's not a backup. Still a good player.

Fromm was a 5 star QB coming out of high school, led his team to overtime in the National Championship and will be drafted I the NFL when he's done at Georgia. He's not Justin Fields, but he's not a backup. Still a good player.
I get all that but the plan for him was to be a backup then maybe take over his jr or sr year. If Eason doesn’t go down Fromm May never have started at Georgia, most likely fields would have jumped him since Fromm wouldn’t have had the huge game experience over him.

I get all that but the plan for him was to be a backup then maybe take over his jr or sr year. If Eason doesn’t go down Fromm May never have started at Georgia, most likely fields would have jumped him since Fromm wouldn’t have had the huge game experience over him.

It's possible if Eason never goes down, but we'll never know.

“That's fine. We usually do disagree. I would challenge you to present me with a couple viable, provable (via evidence) reasons why you would choose Jake Fromm over Justin Fields to quarterback any offense?”

You’re right, Ontario, we do usually disagree. We’ll continue to do so on this. To compare the stats of these two qbs is totally skewed because one plays in a run heavy offense w/ an OC that runs the ball up the middle on 1st & 2nd and constantly asks Fromm to save them on 3rd & long and the other one plays in a wide open offense that throws all over the place to wide ass open wrs. You can lather yourself up over fields if you want, you’re certainly not alone, but don’t feed me this bullshit that I’m crazy for thinking that Fromm could be the better player depending on what type of offense you’re running. Fromm’s been damn good in his career and fields has too, but comparing stats is lazy and doesn’t apply here due to the vast difference in offenses. I’d like to see you turn the microscope on your idol fields the way you do others too. I watched most of osu’s games this year and witnesssed at least 10 balls that should’ve been picked that fields threw, he locked in at times, struggled w/ some easy short throws and had stretches (not many but there were times) where he played badly, but that scrutiny is only saved for someone else around here. All this has nothing to do w/ my original post though. Someone mentioned that Georgia wanted Fromm gone, which I said was ridiculous. Then you had to come running in to protect your boy fields, not sure why, but that’s what happened. So you posed a “challenge” (lol), and cited a bunch of stats to say one guy’s better than the other, which I never even tried to argue to begin w/. But if you ask me, I’d take a jimmy garoppolo type over a cam newton type any day of the week and twice on Sundays, and I think that’s a decent analogy for what we’re talking about.

“That's fine. We usually do disagree. I would challenge you to present me with a couple viable, provable (via evidence) reasons why you would choose Jake Fromm over Justin Fields to quarterback any offense?”

You’re right, Ontario, we do usually disagree. We’ll continue to do so on this. To compare the stats of these two qbs is totally skewed because one plays in a run heavy offense w/ an OC that runs the ball up the middle on 1st & 2nd and constantly asks Fromm to save them on 3rd & long and the other one plays in a wide open offense that throws all over the place to wide ass open wrs. You can lather yourself up over fields if you want, you’re certainly not alone, but don’t feed me this bullshit that I’m crazy for thinking that Fromm could be the better player depending on what type of offense you’re running. Fromm’s been damn good in his career and fields has too, but comparing stats is lazy and doesn’t apply here due to the vast difference in offenses. I’d like to see you turn the microscope on your idol fields the way you do others too. I watched most of osu’s games this year and witnesssed at least 10 balls that should’ve been picked that fields threw, he locked in at times, struggled w/ some easy short throws and had stretches (not many but there were times) where he played badly, but that scrutiny is only saved for someone else around here. All this has nothing to do w/ my original post though. Someone mentioned that Georgia wanted Fromm gone, which I said was ridiculous. Then you had to come running in to protect your boy fields, not sure why, but that’s what happened. So you posed a “challenge” (lol), and cited a bunch of stats to say one guy’s better than the other, which I never even tried to argue to begin w/. But if you ask me, I’d take a jimmy garoppolo type over a cam newton type any day of the week and twice on Sundays, and I think that’s a decent analogy for what we’re talking about.

As a college QB?... Cam Newton carried Auburn to a National Championship and won a Heisman Trophy.

What do...

Tim Tebow
Sam Bradford
Cam Newton
Robert Griffith III
Johnny Manziel
Marcus Mariota
Jameis Winston
Lamar Jackson
Baker Mayfield
Kyler Murray
Joe Burrow

All have in common?... Those are the last 11 heisman winning QB's. All of them were excellent passers who could run and make a lot of plays with their legs.

The game has changed. Fromm is a statue and because of that he'll never be as effective in college as those other guys.

Whether it's Lawrence, Fields or Tu'a who wins the Heisman next year (it will be one of them), you can add another excellent dual threat to the list.

It's possible if Eason never goes down, but we'll never know.
Yeah my point is that some players are expecting even if not promised to come in and start right away or not long after. Fields, Lawrence, etc. Fromm wasn’t expecting it but was ready.

“As a college QB?... Cam Newton carried Auburn to a National Championship and won a Heisman Trophy.”

You missed my point and went off on another stat filled diatribe. I wasn’t comparing garoppolo and newton per se, I was comparing the two types. You prefer a Lamar Jackson type, I’d rather have a Tom Brady type, but as I tried to explain earlier, it all depends on what kind of offense you’re running. If you’re running the read option, fields is your man, if you’re running a pro set or I that requires more reads and pinpoint accuracy, then I’d take Fromm.

“The game has changed. Fromm is a statue and because of that he'll never be as effective in college as those other guys.”

yeah, you’re right, Fromm has really struggled so far in his career. Lol. If he didn’t have an overly conservative head coach and OC, Georgia would’ve already had a title and maybe another under fromm’s direction. Some of you people baffle me w/ your moving of the goal posts depending on which qb you’re taking about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT