ADVERTISEMENT

Bodi?

A very civil, thoughtful answer to my provocative post. Thank you. Sorry for the sensitivity... my son works in govt. and they are trying very hard to build an America that works. I get irritated when I see scathing comments. I truly hope we can get everything worked out, but I just don't know how these two opposing groups can ever see eye to eye.

No worries! I'm very proud of where I come from and you should be too. Just because I'm not fond of your President (nor my Prime Minister), my feelings are nothing short of positive towards the vast majority of Americans. I now work in the Canadian Armed Forces and we spend extensive time training and deploying alongside our American brothers and sisters. I've built relationships with people on your side of the 49th that will last me a lifetime.

Just because I'm personally better off living here in Canada (That's an extensive and complicated conversation) it doesn't mean I wouldn't live in America. If I had to live in any other country of the too many to count that I've visited, it would be the United States and it wouldn't be close.

I'm sure your son is working his ass off and that you are extremely proud of him! Tell him that this foreigner appreciates all that he's doing to try and better his country and humanity in general.

Reactions: Maplerock
they can make all the rules they want. they would still be subject to the negotiated grievance procedures and arbitration hearings. management rules are referred to as "local conditions ". owners are not releasing players who would still get their full salary for the year based on the CBA.

If anyone thinks any of these billionaire owners are going to lose millions of their own dollars to make examples of players who help make then that money, You're insane.

The fans ultimately pay the bills. But like telx said, Trump made these comments during a political rally - most likely off the cuff, like a lot of things he says. He was just voicing his opinion on the subject.

I get that everyone has strong opinions one way or the other. Nothing wrong with that. Everyone has a different expierence and that shapes their views. But really, this is all background noise. Just look at the stuff that has happened here and around the world over the past month. Yet here we are as a country debating on whether or not kneeling during the anthem is acceptable. But if I'm fair , I have to realize some people have a different expierence. They see things from an angle I don't. That's ok. I'm not trying to convince anyone who's right or who's wrong. So the simple solution is this. You can watch or go to games or choose not to. That's it. Pretty simple. Never forget this simple fact. A house divided cannot stand. I was raised to be respectful of all people, even if I don't agree. Our country has gotten away from its core values that made us great. We as a country need to get back to looking out for each other. I hope we can. Does anyone here think the people who live in Houston, The Keys, or Puerto Rico or any othe devestated place give a darn about who's kneeling for the national anthem? Think about it. Oh, Go Irish!!!

I get that everyone has strong opinions one way or the other. Nothing wrong with that. Everyone has a different expierence and that shapes their views. But really, this is all background noise. Just look at the stuff that has happened here and around the world over the past month. Yet here we are as a country debating on whether or not kneeling during the anthem is acceptable. But if I'm fair , I have to realize some people have a different expierence. They see things from an angle I don't. That's ok. I'm not trying to convince anyone who's right or who's wrong. So the simple solution is this. You can watch or go to games or choose not to. That's it. Pretty simple. Never forget this simple fact. A house divided cannot stand. I was raised to be respectful of all people, even if I don't agree. Our country has gotten away from its core values that made us great. We as a country need to get back to looking out for each other. I hope we can. Does anyone here think the people who live in Houston, The Keys, or Puerto Rico or any othe devestated place give a darn about who's kneeling for the national anthem? Think about it. Oh, Go Irish!!!
For too long a segment of people have thought being respectful or shall I say "politically correct" meant we were getting weak as a county. Now they have their voices restored and all is right in the world in their eyes. Agreeing to disagree means you're a political <insert label>.

For too long a segment of people have thought being respectful or shall I say "politically correct" meant we were getting weak as a county. Now they have their voices restored and all is right in the world in their eyes. Agreeing to disagree means you're a political <insert label>.

I'm anything but politically correct. I am or at least try to be respectful. I feel I can speak my mind when I need to. That doesn't necessarily mean I will act irrational. The problem is, many ( not all) people are mean spirited. I disagree with people all the time. But I am not mean nor do I personally attack someone who views things in another way. Ill fight for what I believe. I won't hurt someone verbally or otherwise who disagrees. It's my right, it's their right. It's as simple as that.

Donald J. Trump is not only the Greatest President ever ! But also the Greatest American !!
God bless the U.S.A !!! Oh Say can you see...
jimiflag-735x413.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: HarlemIrish
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT