ADVERTISEMENT

Bodi?

But after all Donnie had bone spurs and got a physical deferment from Vietnam war - he is a piece of manure and should keep his fat lips shut
What's your point? You have to be in the service to be a tough guy or a great leader?
My point is the president is very quick to criticize others when he should look at himself when he ducked the draft getting a high priced doctor to write up bone spur excuse to get out of draft so how patriotic was that so when it came to serve he was a scared pussy but criticizes others when they don’t respect the flag

Reactions: benko's army
My point is the president is very quick to criticize others when he should look at himself when he ducked the draft getting a high priced doctor to write up bone spur excuse to get out of draft so how patriotic was that so when it came to serve he was a scared pussy but criticizes others when they don’t respect the flag
Really dumb point. How do you know that the bone spurs weren't severe? You don't. You shouldn't assume things.

Has your guy, The Donald, gone insane my man? American citizens are now "Sons of bitches" and should be fired for expressing an opinion? Is this friggen China, under Mao? Are the American servicemen and women who I routinely work with who fully support the rights of these players (in fact they fight for it) to express their opinion also "Sons of bitches" because they have an opinion, Donnie? Big talk from a coward who hides behind an army of Secret Service Agents who are obligated to protect him... If he was ever alone with one of those "Sons of bitches" anyone of them would rip his arms off and beat him lifeless with them. What an absolute coward.

First, our Prime Minister puckers to a court and obliges paying off a terrorist who acted against his own country, which was utterly despicable... Then your guy responds with the type of idiocy that only a guy spewing reality tv lines ("you're fired") could muster... We're screwed. We literally have monkeys in charge. Shit flinging, knit picking, monkeys.... Good God.

Received this text message from a very good friend of mine who is an active duty corpsman with the marine corps and a proud Rebublican... In response to Trump's comments about NFL players.

"That is what happens when we elect someone who has never struggled a day in his life. Completely entitled and out of touch with reality. Man, I don't go to work every day to protect the same set of values that guy has. Donald Trump may be our president by law, but that guy is not my leader. I almost wish I had voted Clinton. Excuse me while I go shower, twice".

What say you Bodi?

I'll say, although IIO, you are typically long winded and self serving, I thought you added a little to the forum.

Here, you attempt to chop block one of our most upbeat and optimistic members.

Being a Canadian, shouldn't you stick to what you know best, socialized medicine and maple syrup?

Your post showed a real lack of class.

Reactions: Bodizephax
I'll say, although IIO, you are typically long winded and self serving, I thought you added a little to the forum.

Being a Canadian, shouldn't you stick to what you know best, socialized medicine and maple syrup?

Canadians are also a lot healthier than Americans. Probably because of their "socialized medicine" and because they don't eat all of that maple syrup, but export it to the U.S. instead. :D

No it didn't. You're entitled to your opinion though, so no hard feelings. I think you have a narcissistic maniac running your country. You think I'm self serving and lack class. Oh well. To each, their own.

On the NFL and ESPN to a point. There is no business enterprise that is ever going to survive by insulting its customer base. And that is what the NFL is doing and to an extent, that is what ESPN is doing. Trump is not doing this.

On the NFL and ESPN to a point. There is no business enterprise that is ever going to survive by insulting its customer base. And that is what the NFL is doing and to an extent, that is what ESPN is doing. Trump is not doing this.

That is most definitely an undeniable fact Zona. In this instance It's obvious the players and the league are looking at more than just money. If doing so damages them financially, which it almost certainly will, it will be their sword to fall on. The President campaigned on shaking up the system, the NFL now appears to be following his lead in trying to do the same. Whatever the outcome, they'll have made their choices, Trump will have made his and the American public will choose to follow whoever they want... It's the beauty of a free democracy. Gotta love it!

Reactions: zonairish
Few points.
1. How long will Hillary Clinton be mentioned at the same time as Donald Trump? Didn't she lose? Is Obama still president?
2. Have we devalued the POTUS position to the point we encourage speaking on things such as NFL/NBA/NASCAR?
3. What greater good will come out of a POTUS making this a National issue?
4. All I heard was Obama made the US an embarrassment, well can anyone else name a head of state that gets in cat fights on Twitter and name calls?

That is most definitely an undeniable fact Zona. In this instance It's obvious the players and the league are looking at more than just money. If doing so damages them financially, which it almost certainly will, it will be their sword to fall on. The President campaigned on shaking up the system, the NFL now appears to be following his lead in trying to do the same. Whatever the outcome, they'll have made their choices, Trump will have made his and the American public will choose to follow whoever they want... It's the beauty of a free democracy. Gotta love it!

FWIW opinion, the MSM media, I include ESPN in this,(by being overly critical of him and infact insulting the public) and to an extent, the NFL by its actions or inactions are driving the public to Trump not away from him. Do not believe polls. We all should have learned from the election the polls are not getting it right.

Trump said they should be fired because when they're playing for their team in a game, they're paid employees at that time. An employer doesn't violate the free speech rights of an employee by firing them for breaking team rules. So an owner could make a team rule that all players must stand for the national anthem, if they wanted to.

Not all rules are enforced by the NFL.

“The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

“During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”

FWIW opinion, the MSM media, I include ESPN in this,(by being overly critical of him and infact insulting the public) and to an extent, the NFL by its actions or inactions are driving the public to Trump not away from him. Do not believe polls. We all should have learned from the election the polls are not getting it right.

The NFL, the commissioner, the player's union and some of the owners have come out in favour of their players. They may be violating league policy, however, if the people that enforce that policy support them, all the power to them.

Trump said they should be fired because when they're playing for their team in a game, they're paid employees at that time. An employer doesn't violate the free speech rights of an employee by firing them for breaking team rules. So an owner could make a team rule that all players must stand for the national anthem, if they wanted to.

They could and in doing so they would be turning their backs on the players who win them games, sell the jerseys that make them money and represent the organization. Owners do not like creating rifts between themselves and their players.

They could and in doing so they would be turning their backs on the players who win them games, sell the jerseys that make them money and represent the organization. Owners do not like creating rifts between themselves and their players.

My point was that the owners could make a rule like that, and Trump was basically calling on the owners to do that. So he wasn't advocating taking away peoples' free speech rights. Because under the employer-employee contract, it's allowable.

My point was that the owners could make a rule like that, and Trump was basically calling on the owners to do that. So he wasn't advocating taking away peoples' free speech rights. Because under the employer-employee contract, it's allowable.

Come on. You're smarter than that. You know what Trump was doing by pointing that out. He was carefully trying to create a rift between owners and the players. He was lobbying for them to lose their jobs. He did it in a clever "just sayin'" kind of way, but let's not pretend there wasn't a motive to what he was saying, the same way people would be silly to think there isn't a motive to what the players are doing.

The players don't care. They're privileged. A few want the attention and the rest jump on the wagon out of peer pressure. These few miscreants are the tail trying to wag the dog.

Rex Ryan disagrees with you.

Come on. You're smarter than that. You know what Trump was doing by pointing that out. He was carefully trying to create a rift between owners and the players. He was lobbying for them to lose their jobs. He did it in a clever "just sayin'" kind of way, but let's not pretend there wasn't a motive to what he was saying, the same way people would be silly to think there isn't a motive to what the players are doing.

I disagree. I think Trump's motive is that he's the President of the United States, and he doesn't like seeing players not standing for the national anthem. So he simply called on the owners to make team rules requiring it, or they'll be fired.

And the owners have the right to let the players do that, or not. But in the long run, they may start losing fans. And if that happens, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the owners started changing their tunes.

The players don't care. They're privileged. A few want the attention and the rest jump on the wagon out of peer pressure. These few miscreants are the tail trying to wag the dog.
Was Tommie Smith, John Carlos or Muhammad Ali privileged? I'd disagree that they were but used their 1st amendment right to speak out on issues they felt strong about.

Let's not overthink this. Trump knows the majority of Americans, and especially those that voted for him, dislike the kneeling thing as it represents a form of disrespect for our flag, symbolic of America. He did one of his typical campaign like appearances in Alabama on Friday, and was saying a lot of Trump crap to energize his base to support his candidate down there. The whole fire the son of a bitch comment was in this political context. The NFL players reacted and the owners supported the reaction, and Trunp did what he always does, doubled down. Freedom of speech and employee rights and employer rights, etc... were never part of Trumps calculus...just a typical Trump political stunt in my opinion, that now has legs of its own.

Reactions: hayaka
What infuriates me is that Trump is such an incredible pussy that he whines and cries foul when people thinks he should lose his job, but because he'd get his ass kicked in any real confrontation he uses his very large social platform to suggest that others should lose their livelihoods. Think about that. The President of the United States openly lobbying the NFL to terminate the employment of law abiding American citizens. What a bitch move... I'm not even angry that he's devisive. I'm angry that he's a complete coward who happens to hold a significant position of power. How anyone could have an ounce of respect for somebody with such questionable ethics and openly awful morals is beyond me.

Disgusting excuse for a human.
The alternative was Hillary, why doesn't any lib get this? She called half the country deplorables for even considering voting for Trump(who isn't her, and wasn't With Her), but I guess that doesn't register on your give a fuk meter, right? No big deal there, but Trump calls a pampered NFL player a son of a bitch, and we're what, supposed to care that he said that about a citizen?

Look, I think what he said was stupid, but I still wouldn't trade him for Hillary, or for that pandering b!tch who's in charge of Canada right now, for that matter. That being said, let's cut back on the hysteria, he's not infringing on anyone's 1st ammendment rights by stating his opinion, even if he would be better served by keeping that opinion to himself on occasion.

Was Tommie Smith, John Carlos or Muhammad Ali privileged?

Were they or not? Where else in the world could they have grown up to reach the level of success they achieved here? Can they point to any relation from a different country that achieved greater success? I doubt it. They owe that to the men and women being disrespected last sunday.

The alternative was Hillary, why doesn't any lib get this? She called half the country deplorables for even considering voting for Trump(who isn't her, and wasn't With Her), but I guess that doesn't register on your give a fuk meter, right? No big deal there, but Trump calls a pampered NFL player a son of a bitch, and we're what, supposed to care that he said that about a citizen?

Look, I think what he said was stupid, but I still wouldn't trade him for Hillary, or for that pandering b!tch who's in charge of Canada right now, for that matter. That being said, let's cut back on the hysteria, he's not infringing on anyone's 1st ammendment rights by stating his opinion, even if he would be better served by keeping that opinion to himself on occasion.

Not a Trudeau fan at all. Have made that point abundantly clear in a number of my posts. Although I do think he reflects the liberal attitude of many of his supporters. He definitely didn't get my vote. That said, there isn't great division among Canadians and he isn't throwing gasoline on the fires that do exist. So you keep your guy and I'll (reluctantly) keep ours.

I also don't like Hilary at all. I openly stated that I would have voted Trump over Clinton if I was an American if someone had put a gun to my head and forced me to vote. I think you had two awful candidates and I actually think the American voters chose the lesser of two evils. That doesn't mean I think you guys got a good leader. I think the firings inside his own government have shown how much of a narcissist Trump is and how hard he is to work for. It's obvious that most of the other world leaders don't like him much because he's arrogant and constantly acts like he's above everybody else. I don't think that helps the U.S. with international relations, in the slightest. I think the amount of time he spends on Twitter and the alleged time he spends watching television paint the picture of a guy who is more interested in his own personal glory than he is running the most powerful country in the world. I also think he has extremely thin skin and can dish out insults and bombastic sentiment, but his ego is immediately crushed the second anyone fires back at him. He's childish.

I think that he loves the fact that he upset the system, but has no real interest in doing that exceptionally tough job.

Reactions: Quest4Twelve
they can make all the rules they want. they would still be subject to the negotiated grievance procedures and arbitration hearings. management rules are referred to as "local conditions ". owners are not releasing players who would still get their full salary for the year based on the CBA.

Last edited:
I disagree. I think Trump's motive is that he's the President of the United States, and he doesn't like seeing players not standing for the national anthem. So he simply called on the owners to make team rules requiring it, or they'll be fired.

And the owners have the right to let the players do that, or not. But in the long run, they may start losing fans. And if that happens, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the owners started changing their tunes.
not true.
Companies now a day make you sign a form saying you can be removed at any time for any reason. Disrespecting culture is an easy reason for termination.!
we are talking about the nfl. what you refer to does not exist there. shouldn't be that hard to understand if you want to.

Reactions: Quest4Twelve
they can make all the rules they want. they would still be subject to the negotiated grievance procedures and arbitration hearings. management are referred to as "local conditions ". owners are not releasing players who would still get their full salary for the year based on the CBA.

If anyone thinks any of these billionaire owners are going to lose millions of their own dollars to make examples of players who help make then that money, You're insane.

This.

Trump is refreshing and absolutely accurate. If these pros want to use their free speech, do it on their own time. Jerry Jones is one of the few owners who act like an employer

Fire their asses
jerry is all bluster. if zak prescott kneels tonight he's not getting released. jerry has no problem with domestic abusers though.

This.

Trump is refreshing and absolutely accurate. If these pros want to use their free speech, do it on their own time. Jerry Jones is one of the few owners who act like an employer

Fire their asses
fine. fire them all. they'll still get payed though. do away with the nfl. no concern for the thousands and thousands of folks who depend on the nfl for a paycheck ? 45 was reckless in his comments. leader my ass. playing to his base, the angry white man.

fine. fire them all. they'll still get payed though. do away with the nfl. no concern for the thousands and thousands of folks who depend on the nfl for a paycheck ? 45 was reckless in his comments. leader my ass. playing to his base, the angry white man.

Who is theskibro to determine who is and isn't a good owner and employer. By definition many people define a good owner as one that looks out for the best interest of the company (in this case franchise), who treats his or her employees fairly, who provides proper compensation and who promotes a positive job environment for his or her employees. What does an NFL owner have to gain by creating rifts within his or her own organisation?

Trump dodged the draft, then spent his entire adult life focused on one thing: the glory of Trump. Judge his actions, not his recent words. What actions did he take in his first 70 years of life that are so patriotic?

Service to our great nation? Donations of his fortune to improve our great nation? He talks a good game since deciding to run for office, but his actions? Oh, and....

trumpex-800x452.jpg

Melania_Trump_anthem_hand_nudge_fb.jpg

Trump dodged the draft, then spent his entire adult life focused on one thing: the glory of Trump. Judge his actions, not his recent words. What actions did he take in his first 70 years of life that are so patriotic?

Service to our great nation? Donations of his fortune to improve our great nation? He talks a good game since deciding to run for office, but his actions? Oh, and....

trumpex-800x452.jpg

Melania_Trump_anthem_hand_nudge_fb.jpg

He's a populist and a self-serving narcissist. But he isn't dumb. He knows who his voting base is and he knows how to get those people going. This was a perfect opportunity to come out in support of the military and the anthem so his base would go "**** yeah" and get all excited, and at the same time he could screw with the NFL, an organisation he's long had issues with. Now that he dumped a ton of gasoline on the fire, he can go back to Twitter and start trolling the American public again. When people ask him about this a month from now, it will be #FakeNews... He's actually kind of brilliant. Psychotic... But brilliant. This is the guy that convinced millions of Americans that he was going to build a Game of Thrones style wall across the entire boarder with Mexico and make a foreign country pay for it. "A big wall. A really big wall." And while a small number of his supporters saw through that and knew it was simply a clever metaphorical ploy, a large number of his supporters were sitting in their living rooms going "Fuccccckkkk Yeah!!! Wooooo. We gonna build a wall. A really big wall. And we gonna kick all dem Mexicans out". The guy knew who his base was and he knew what over the top lunacy would tug on their heart strings... And he trolled everyone brilliantly!

Last edited:
He's a populist and a self-serving narcissist. But he isn't dumb. He knows who his voting base is and he knows how to get those people going. This was a perfect opportunity to come out in support of the military and the anthem so his base would go "**** yeah" and get all excited, and at the same time hencould screw with the NFL, an organisation he's long had issues with. Now that hendumped a tonnof gasoline on the fire, he can go back to Twitter and start trolling the American public again. When people ask him about this a month from now, it will be #FakeNews... He's actually kind of brilliant. Psychotic... But brilliant. This is the guy the convinced million s of Americans that he was going to build a Game of Thrones style wall across the entire boarder with Mexico. "A big wall. A really.big wall." And while a small number of his supporters saw through that and knew it was simply metaphorical ploy, a large number of his supporters were sitting in their living rooms going "Fuccccckkkk Yeah!!! Wooooo. We gonna build a wall. A really big wall. And we gonna kick all dem Mexicans out". The guy knew who his base was and he knew what over the top lunacy would tug on their heart strings... And he trolled everyone brilliantly!

Exactly right. All the stuff he's been saying is red meat for his base, to get them riled up. From the transgender ban to the national anthem protest. He knows his followers very well and pushes their buttons so easily.

Exactly right. All the stuff he's been saying is red meat for his base, to get them riled up. From the transgender ban to the national anthem protest. He knows his followers very well and pushes their buttons so easily.

And good for him. Obama did the same thing when he got himself elected the first time. He knew he could draw the Black and Hispanic voters out and he damn well did it. Good for him. Trump did the same thing. He knew who his base was and he catered to them and is continuing to cater to them.

He's a populist and a self-serving narcissist. But he isn't dumb. He knows who his voting base is and he knows how to get those people going. This was a perfect opportunity to come out in support of the military and the anthem so his base would go "**** yeah" and get all excited, and at the same time he could screw with the NFL, an organisation he's long had issues with. Now that he dumped a ton of gasoline on the fire, he can go back to Twitter and start trolling the American public again. When people ask him about this a month from now, it will be #FakeNews... He's actually kind of brilliant. Psychotic... But brilliant. This is the guy the convinced millions of Americans that he was going to build a Game of Thrones style wall across the entire boarder with Mexico. "A big wall. A really big wall." And while a small number of his supporters saw through that and knew it was simply a clever metaphorical ploy, a large number of his supporters were sitting in their living rooms going "Fuccccckkkk Yeah!!! Wooooo. We gonna build a wall. A really big wall. And we gonna kick all dem Mexicans out". The guy knew who his base was and he knew what over the top lunacy would tug on their heart strings... And he trolled everyone brilliantly!

Why sit up there and fantasize about being American? (Canadian doesnt count)

You know you want to live here...

Why sit up there and fantasize about being American? (Canadian doesnt count)

You know you want to live here...

I did live there. Loved it. Have tons of great Americans friends. Y'all are awesome people. Would live there again. Probably am as in tune (maybe more so) with American culture and politics as most Americans. My entire Masters centered around the unique relationship between Canada and the United States.

That said, I make more money here. I like the unity of the people here better. My healthcare is of better quality relative to the price here. There is very little crime here, which makes it a safer place to raise a family. The traffic is much better here than in big US cities. I can get any product of note you can, here, so I'm not missing out in that way. I live in a city annually ranked among the best in world to live in my nearly every metric, so I have no reason to leave. My pension will be better here (likely by a large margin in my case). Just some of the reasons I stay...

My proximity to the United States is perfect for me. I can travel there quickly. Y'all have awesome golf when It's cold as hell here in the winter. You have undeniably better barbecue that I can enjoy while I'm down visiting friends and family and I'm a huge fan of your sports, so I can come down and participate in those whenever I have some free time.

Would live in the U.S. in a heartbeat. Wonderful country to live in relative to the many countries I've visited around the world. That said, I personally have it better here, so I'm happy where I am!

I did live there. Loved it. Have tons of great Americans friends. Y'all are awesome people. Would live there again. Probably am as in tune (maybe more so) with American culture and politics as most Americans. My entire Masters centered around the unique relationship between Canada and the United States.

That said, I make more money here. I like the unity of the people here better. My healthcare is of better quality relative to the price here. There is very little crime here, which makes it a safer place to raise a family. The traffic is much better here than in big US cities. I can get any product of note you can, here, so I'm not missing out in that way. I live in a city annually ranked among the best in world to live in my nearly every metric, so I have no reason to leave. My pension will be better here (likely by a large margin in my case). Just some of the reasons I stay...

My proximity to the United States is perfect for me. I can travel there quickly. Y'all have awesome golf when It's cold as hell here in the winter. You have undeniably better barbecue that I can enjoy while I'm down visiting friends and family and I'm a huge fan of your sports, so I can come down and participate in those whenever I have some free time.

Would live in the U.S. in a heartbeat. Wonderful country to live in relative to the many countries I've visited around the world. That said, I personally have it better here, so I'm happy where I am!

A very civil, thoughtful answer to my provocative post. Thank you. Sorry for the sensitivity... my son works in govt. and they are trying very hard to build an America that works. I get irritated when I see scathing comments. I truly hope we can get everything worked out, but I just don't know how these two opposing groups can ever see eye to eye.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT