ADVERTISEMENT

BK with more excuses

Let's have a plan not made by children. Do I think BK will win a title at ND? NO. I also don't want him fired just to have change.
There has to be a better coach out there. Campbell, Mullen, Patterson, etc. ND doesn’t compete against the big boys under Kelly. I’m willing to risk losing a coach that we know will never do anything special. What do you have to lose?

Reactions: 88ND
ND is a top 10 team in the USA with a team which will be better in 2018.

Haters are going to hate, but the reality is that haters here do not know or understand football.
Dope alert! The HC of ND doesn’t know big time football.

He called a TO near the end of the 1st half at Miami and his QB proceeded to throw a pick six with Claypool a half second away from getting wide open over the middle of the field. His QB’s never develop under his tenure. His top-2 have a combined five years on campus and they look like they’ve never been coached.

Reactions: 88ND

He called a TO near the end of the 1st half at Miami and his QB proceeded to throw a pick six with Claypool a half second away from getting wide open over the middle of the field. His QB’s never develop under his tenure. His top-2 have a combined five years on campus and they look like they’ve never been coached.
If you look deep into the realm of all positions this is across the board. More players than not have better years fresh, sopho, than jun, senior.

Look at the amount of players that make a big splash early on only to disappear later. It's like it takes Kelly exactly two years to ruin a dozen good coaching years from peewee through high school.

Now the apologists will say look at the NFL. No shit...those players were being drafted regardless....not bevayse of BK makimg players over achieve.

That NEVER happens

Reactions: TOMMY_23
There has to be a better coach out there. Campbell, Mullen, Patterson, etc. ND doesn’t compete against the big boys under Kelly. I’m willing to risk losing a coach that we know will never do anything special. What do you have to lose?
I m sure there are better coaches out there. You assume they are lining up at the campus gate begging for the job. When has that happened ? I swear the only time you pay attention is when ND loses. You seem quite oblivious to everything else.

If you look deep into the realm of all positions this is across the board. More players than not have better years fresh, sopho, than jun, senior.

Look at the amount of players that make a big splash early on only to disappear later. It's like it takes Kelly exactly two years to ruin a dozen good coaching years from peewee through high school.

Now the apologists will say look at the NFL. No shit...those players were being drafted regardless....not bevayse of BK makimg players over achieve.

That NEVER happens
Dead horse still taking a beating....

And if he doesn't try to score you would have complained about that too. King of the hindsighters.

Reactions: notredamerises23
Most people assume "ranked" means top 25, unless a specific number is included. But you knew that.

Some people, right?

Come on, man. There are polls... several of them: if you’re in one, you’re ranked. If you aren’t, you aren’t. Keep it simple, stupid.

SU is slotted in the 20’s and ND is 8
8 is presumed to be a ‘better’ team.
Also it looks like SU might be without it’s best player.
This is a big game for ND. A NY6 bowl appearance is at stake. That does not mean it would fall into the Big Win kind of win. The debate point most frequently argued is the record against higher ranked teams and Teams ranked in the Top 10. Obviously this game will not affect that record.

Reactions: 88ND and NIN Irish
One of the many reasons ND needs a change. This from our fearless leader, guess what?Championship teams get it done.

The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are preparing to end the regular season on a high note against the Stanford Cardinal, in Palo Alto. Brian Kelly has never beat Stanford at their house, and in his time at Notre Dame, Kelly is just 2-9 against top 20 teams on the road.

Kelly was asked about these struggles:

Yeah, playing top-20 teams on the road. It's hard to beat top-20 teams on the road. You know, I don't keep track of those records, but I'm sure there's been some really good games in that mix of 2-9, but you know, you go on the road, it's hard to win on the road, and if you're playing top-20 teams on the road, it's even more difficult. So you just prepare your team the best you can, and when you go on the road and you're playing top-20 teams, they're difficult competition. You're probably not going to be 9-2.

The excuses continue.

Yeah we are 9-2 this year, but Kelly's quote is a loser's quote. The problem is that he thinks this way and that mentality gets into the head's of his players. You are sending your team on the field with a built in excuse for losing.

If you are a great coach you are telling your team that there are no excuses for not playing their best no matter what field they are on or who their opponent is. Does anyone here honestly think that Saban says shit like this?

You want to defend Kelly, that's fine. He's done a fine job recovering from 4-8 last year. But bottom line he is a pussy.

“men, we are the road, it’s tough to win on the road, but we’re going out there and we’re going to try try try!
Now let’s go try!”

(Use your best Knute voice.)

Reactions: TOMMY_23 and geza67
Yeah we are 9-2 this year, but Kelly's quote is a loser's quote. The problem is that he thinks this way and that mentality gets into the head's of his players. You are sending your team on the field with a built in excuse for losing.

If you are a great coach you are telling your team that there are no excuses for not playing their best no matter what field they are on or who their opponent is. Does anyone here honestly think that Saban says shit like this?

You want to defend Kelly, that's fine. He's done a fine job recovering from 4-8 last year. But bottom line he is a pussy.
We have no clue as to what Kelly is saying to the players! This was a response to a reporters question and for public consumption. There was no better public poor mouthing than the crap Holtz gave to reporters before a big game, and we all know he was a master motivator of his players behind closed doors. Kelly is niether, but hardly the puss you paint.

Reactions: notredamerises23
“men, we are the road, it’s tough to win on the road, but we’re going out there and we’re going to try try try!
Now let’s go try!”

(Use your best Knute voice.)
If you try really hard they'll give each player a trophy just for playing in this game.

Ridiculous post.
Question....in the big games and I think we've all beaten that dead horse...

The Irish players sure do not appear to be playing expecting to win.

Spotting teams on the road two scores, the environment, what the **** ever...

Sure we don't know what exactly he's saying but it's very clear he's not bringing them out with a chip on their shoulder and a US agaibst them heightened sense of energy and urgency.

So it would appear to me that what he says in that locker room cant be far from what hes saying to the press.

Question....in the big games and I think we've all beaten that dead horse...

The Irish players sure do not appear to be playing expecting to win.

Spotting teams on the road two scores, the environment, what the **** ever...

Sure we don't know what exactly he's saying but it's very clear he's not bringing them out with a chip on their shoulder and a US agaibst them heightened sense of energy and urgency.

So it would appear to me that what he says in that locker room cant be far from what hes saying to the press.
This is so obvious but the Kelly lovers just can’t handle the truth.

Reactions: ndfi65 and 88ND
This is so obvious but the Kelly lovers just can’t handle the truth.

Just for the sake of argument, let's just suppose that all 100% contributors on this board agree that BK is a terrible HC and needs to go. Then what? What happens next? The board all agree but BK is still the HC because we don't hire or fire and the ND administration doesn't give a rat's behind what we think. We have zero influence. We have zero say. No one is listening. So, "BK lovers" and "BK haters" take note. Nothing will change because what's said on this board.

Just for the sake of argument, let's just suppose that all 100% contributors on this board agree that BK is a terrible HC and needs to go. Then what? What happens next? The board all agree but BK is still the HC because we don't hire or fire and the ND administration doesn't give a rat's behind what we think. We have zero influence. We have zero say. No one is listening. So, "BK lovers" and "BK haters" take note. Nothing will change because what's said on this board.
Based on 100% contributors of the board then yes you're correct...
If you said collectively more fans than not so over 50% ... Of ALL fan not just board thought Kelly should go...then you damn well better believe someone is paying attention to that.

If the program loses real support that's a problem.

And it would be addressed.

Remember, even swarbrick has a boss too.

I don't know the percentage of Irish fans worldwide and what they think of BK. I do know that this idiotic "if you're not with us, you're against us" tribal nonsense that's thrown around here more than often is ridiculous. Like one side has a higher and more exclusive loyalty and love for ND than the other side. The "BK lovers" are well aware of BK's faults and the "BK haters" can't seem to name a suitable and realistic home run replacement. So the bickering continues over something this board has no control over. Go ahead. Give up your tickets (just not to opposing fans for huge profits). Boycott. Don't buy. Don't watch. Sound the horn daily. Write letters to the editor (that's an oldie but a goodie). Boycott this board (like the whole season depends on any of our comments and/or opinions)). Attack fellow Irish fans about something they have no control over either. And now BW is in the cross hairs with a countdown to when Phil J. will be joining the team. For the good of the program, I'm damn glad we aren't in charge of anything program related. Focus on the players. Be happy and disappointed with them. Support them. It's all about our student athletes anyway.

Reactions: ndfi65
I don't know the percentage of Irish fans worldwide and what they think of BK. I do know that this idiotic "if you're not with us, you're against us" tribal nonsense that's thrown around here more than often is ridiculous. Like one side has a higher and more exclusive loyalty and love for ND than the other side. The "BK lovers" are well aware of BK's faults and the "BK haters" can't seem to name a suitable and realistic home run replacement. So the bickering continues over something this board has no control over. Go ahead. Give up your tickets (just not to opposing fans for huge profits). Boycott. Don't buy. Don't watch. Sound the horn daily. Write letters to the editor (that's an oldie but a goodie). Boycott this board (like the whole season depends on any of our comments and/or opinions)). Attack fellow Irish fans about something they have no control over either. And now BW is in the cross hairs with a countdown to when Phil J. will be joining the team. For the good of the program, I'm damn glad we aren't in charge of anything program related. Focus on the players. Be happy and disappointed with them. Support them. It's all about our student athletes anyway.
I'm not sure who you are speaking of but I have a few in mind both sides of this fence.

I say what I have to say and that's that. I don't care if anyone agrees or not. It's bizarre that some people take these statements as like a personal attack. Like they're close relation to the HC or some shit.

I see what I see..sound off about it. If someone wishes to engage I oblige in a very professional manner.

Too many on here act like an opinion of under achieving is some personal attack.

Silly and ridiculous

Last edited:
Sounds like you are taking things personal. I am talking about the board in general. I can't remember from one day to another who said what. Everyone has an opinion and yours is no more correct than anyone else. Talking loud, often, and forceful doesn't push home anything. It just means you have comments like everyone else. BTW: you fire BK after a 9,10, or 11 win season, good luck on finding another quality coach to take his place. I'm glad this board isn't in charge of jack.

Sounds like you are taking things personal. I am talking about the board in general. I can't remember from one day to another who said what. Everyone has an opinion and yours is no more correct than anyone else. Talking loud, often, and forceful doesn't push home anything. It just means you have comments like everyone else. BTW: you fire BK after a 9,10, or 11 win season, good luck on finding another quality coach to take his place. I'm glad this board isn't in charge of jack.
Ha.....the infamous glad the board isn't making decisions garb.

When in doubt throw that out....there....huh!

All you display above is being the king of assumptions and lover of mediocre football.

Next

Well Bob Diaco is ready to come back after giving up 50+points a game for Nebraska. You can even have Mike Riley too. He won't win any games for you, but he is a nice guy.

All you display above is being the king of assumptions and lover of mediocre football.

Next

Well at least you answer "professionally and without personal attack"............every time I hear that I know that is code for hypocrisy..........

Next
Give me a break. You can bloviate from here to eternity. Same talking points every day. Nothing will change because of it. Nothing. BK will leave when he wants or BK will leave when the administration says so. I'm glad the board isn't making decisions because NONE of us know the first thing about hiring and firing an elite HC at a major college program though some around here think they do. The board knows nothing about the contracts involved, huge budgets, or how to even order Pepsi for the concession stands. So yea, I'm glad the board isn't in charge of anything involving the program. You cry about BK and the program. Well, what are you going to do about it? Write letters? Email Jack S? Not watch the game tonight? Burn all your ND gear? What the hell are you going to do that will make a change? Nothing. Nothing.

Well Bob Diaco is ready to come back after giving up 50+points a game for Nebraska. You can even have Mike Riley too. He won't win any games for you, but he is a nice guy.
Nonsense.

The new cool if you're forever the BK apologists....make em' give you a name they say.

WTFE

Reactions: TOMMY_23 and ndfi65
What is your point. We know ND won't fire the clown. Its our opinion that he should go, we know he sucks. If you want to support mediocrity than go for it. More to come...........

Reactions: TOMMY_23 and 88ND
how do you spell STUPID? Diaco? YOu are joking right. Another poster of the no one is better than bk gang.

Reactions: TOMMY_23 and 88ND
What is your point. We know ND won't fire the clown. Its our opinion that he should go, we know he sucks. If you want to support mediocrity than go for it. More to come...........
And, so what are you proposing? That we storm the admin building with torches and pitchforks? We have no say in what goes on, so you're wasting your time.

how do you spell STUPID? Diaco? YOu are joking right. Another poster of the no one is better than bk gang.

I was joking and being sarcastic. Diaco is the worst/delusional D coordinator I have ever seen. Switching to him cost Mike Riley his job.

Last edited:

You seriously just skipped right over the good options that were out there last week? Frost, Mullen, Patterson, Campbell, etc?

Gosh, very well stated.

ADVERTISEMENT