ADVERTISEMENT

BK with more excuses

ndfi65

Irish Expert
Sep 15, 2015
One of the many reasons ND needs a change. This from our fearless leader, guess what?Championship teams get it done.

The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are preparing to end the regular season on a high note against the Stanford Cardinal, in Palo Alto. Brian Kelly has never beat Stanford at their house, and in his time at Notre Dame, Kelly is just 2-9 against top 20 teams on the road.

Kelly was asked about these struggles:

Yeah, playing top-20 teams on the road. It's hard to beat top-20 teams on the road. You know, I don't keep track of those records, but I'm sure there's been some really good games in that mix of 2-9, but you know, you go on the road, it's hard to win on the road, and if you're playing top-20 teams on the road, it's even more difficult. So you just prepare your team the best you can, and when you go on the road and you're playing top-20 teams, they're difficult competition. You're probably not going to be 9-2.

The excuses continue.

Reactions: TOMMY_23
V Lombardi would cringe if he read that. Seems to be a very comfortable or accepting attitude about losing.

Oh, I’ll add my own. blah blah blah.

Reactions: ndfi65
We are 9-2. We are # 9 in the polls, # 8 in the playoffs rankings. Those facts speak for themselves.

So does the record against Top 20 teams and teams ranked higher at the time of the contest.
Your not much for open discussion or independent thoughts, huh?

Reactions: Buguit
One of the many reasons ND needs a change. This from our fearless leader, guess what?Championship teams get it done.

The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are preparing to end the regular season on a high note against the Stanford Cardinal, in Palo Alto. Brian Kelly has never beat Stanford at their house, and in his time at Notre Dame, Kelly is just 2-9 against top 20 teams on the road.

Yeah, playing top-20 teams on the road. It's hard to beat top-20 teams on the road. You know, I don't keep track of those records, but I'm sure there's been some really good games in that mix of 2-9, but you know, you go on the road, it's hard to win on the road, and if you're playing top-20 teams on the road, it's even more difficult. So you just prepare your team the best you can, and when you go on the road and you're playing top-20 teams, they're difficult competition. You're probably not going to be 9-2.

The excuses continue.

Let's have a plan not made by children. Do I think BK will win a title at ND? NO. I also don't want him fired just to have change.

Reactions: rgc7
ND is a top 10 team in the USA with a team which will be better in 2018.

Haters are going to hate, but the reality is that haters here do not know or understand football.

Reactions: Pennick4
ND is a top 10 team in the USA with a team which will be better in 2018.

Haters are going to hate, but the reality is that haters here do not know or understand football.

But you certainly do. That is why your post is chock full of content.
I especially found your defense of the steller record against top teams informative.

Reactions: TOMMY_23 and Buguit
You don't know what you are talking about. And yes, your comments here show that I have forgot more about football than you will ever know.

I see no reason to regurgitate the nonsense written here about a very good and well coached 9-2 team or to further point out you are stupid. Others have done so quite well.

Let's have a plan not made by children. Do I think BK will win a title at ND? NO. I also don't want him fired just to have change.
The point was bk is already setting himself up if ND losses sat. "Its tough to win on the road against ranked teams". No shit, you are a fricking genius.

Reactions: Buguit
So does the record against Top 20 teams and teams ranked higher at the time of the contest.

My independent thought is this: learn the difference between "your" and "you're."

You are going to focus on what you are going to focus on. Go ahead--ignore what has happened this year and focus on games played 4-5 years ago. Have fun with that.

Right now, I’m only concerned about this season, this team, and this upcoming game. We’re 9-2 and in the top ten heading into a really important game against an improving top twenty Stanford at their place with a big six bowl game on the line. Excited as hell.

I’m not the most ardent BK supporter, but if he were 9-2 against top 20 teams on the road, there would still be complaints.

I’ve said this 20 times this week, ND needs to step and win a big game this week

The excuses continue.

99% of the fanbase agrees that Kelly has underperformed and his time has come. That said, this opinion on these statements are moronic. Yes, you are a moron. What the heck do you want him to say. he has to be polite with the media. I suggest you send a script to him where he says every dopey thing you think he should say. There was nothing wrong with what he said nothing at all.

only dopes interpret his comments that way.
Agreed. Every coach and anyone who understands the college game today knows it is hard to win on the road, and even harder against ranked teams. Kelly’s response simply acknowledged this fact in a polite way to an irritating question. As For Lombardi, he would have ripped the reporter a new one!

Reactions: echowaker

Agree. You make changes that you expect to improve your situation. ND has indicated that it is comfortable with the current situation. Being Top 25 is considered successful.

Davie, Willingham and Weis buyouts have left a bitter taste and ND will no longer ‘swallow’.
Agreed. Every coach and anyone who understands the college game today knows it is hard to win on the road, and even harder against ranked teams. Kelly’s response simply acknowledged this fact in a polite way to an irritating question. As For Lombardi, he would have ripped the reporter a new one!

Lombardi would never have been subjected to the question. And I guess that is the real point.

Agree. You make changes that you expect to improve your situation. ND has indicated that it is comfortable with the current situation. Being Top 25 is considered successful.

Davie, Willingham and Weis buyouts have left a bitter taste and ND will no longer ‘swallow’.

Lombardi would never have been subjected to the question. And I guess that is the real point.
I read the same story, but more interested in one of the comments following the story, suggesting Kelly has taken back some of the offensive play calling in the last two games.
Any truth to that?? I admit, I was totally shocked at the play calling to open the Navy game, and the Irish really did look confused at Miami, just like the Alabama game.

I read the same story, but more interested in one of the comments following the story, suggesting Kelly has taken back some of the offensive play calling in the last two games.
Any truth to that?? I admit, I was totally shocked at the play calling to open the Navy game, and the Irish really did look confused at Miami, just like the Alabama game.

I mentioned that suspicion in the game thread vs Navy. The play calling resembled previous seasons.
It may be that when ND is forced to or decides to go to the air, Kelly takes the reigns.

I mentioned that suspicion in the game thread vs Navy. The play calling resembled previous seasons.
It may be that when ND is forced to or decides to go to the air, Kelly takes the reigns.
I just think they were trying to get Wimbush to get his confidence back as quickly as possible with some short high percentage passes, and it backfired.

Pass, Run, Pass, Punt. Or Pass, pass, pass, punt. That is our strategy on the road.

99% of the fan base think BK's time has come? I was never polled. I have a tailgate group of four. They were never polled. My section usher buddy was never polled. Who are these 99 percenters?

What he said was on the important situations like going for it on 4th down, onside kick, or two point play; he makes those decisions but Coach Long decides on the plays. The rest of the offensive show is left up to Coach Long. I personally think the best seasons of BK are ahead of him. That decision is well above my paygrade as a fan.

Last edited:
99% of the fan base think BK's time has come? I was never polled. I have a tailgate group of four. They were never polled. My section usher buddy was never polled. Who are these 99 percenters?
No one has ever accused you or anyone you hang out with as being very smart.

Toby, Stats never lie but staticions sure do. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Hopefully the Irish win Saturday and the men play in a big bowl game.

PS I’m part of the 99%.

I’ll respond to the Poll after the bowl game on Jan 1. Or sooner if ND misses out on a NY6 bowl.

General guestimate and you know this a true inference based on this board and probably friends who are fans.

No one has ever accused you or anyone you hang out with as being very smart.
Using the old attack method as a defense mechanism to get attention away from a "fact based" statement you made. Where did you get the 99% number from and why wasn't I polled? It's a simple question. No need to get all insulting and middle school on me. You're the one who said 99%. I didn't.

We are 9-2. We are # 9 in the polls, # 8 in the playoffs rankings. Those facts speak for themselves.
And so does the previous 8 years.
A couple good years,... a couple average years and a few really embarrassing years.

Now obviously this has become acceptable to some but to me no thanks.

I'm reaching just a little higher.

the ND fan base is dwindling, so even 1 vote swayed might skew the percentage
It is? Lot's of that dwindling fan base made the game and stuck around in terrible weather conditions last Saturday. You guys can't transfer what you really want to happen and expect it to be reality. Dwindling fan base. 99%. What is the source for all this doom and gloom other that some upset fans and their bragging rights at school and work?

Reactions: 57Patrick
I sure didn't see that when we played Michigan St. in East Lansing this year.
Holy shit..stop the presses and hold the phone.

You found that one decent team that Kelly has success against.

WTFE.

A broken clock is right twice a day as well

And so does the previous 8 years.
A couple good years,... a couple average years and a few really embarrassing years.

Now obviously this has become acceptable to some but to me no thanks.

I'm reaching just a little higher.
how exactly are you "reaching higher " ?

Reactions: Pennick4

He’s 11-14 against ranked teams at ND and 19-18 for his entire career. Just adding that for additional info.

V Lombardi would cringe if he read that. Seems to be a very comfortable or accepting attitude about losing.

Oh, I’ll add my own. blah blah blah.
It will always boggle my mind why “fans” on here like penn44 and i888 believe he is a good coach. I’d bet a body part they are relatives of his.

Reactions: 88ND
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT