ADVERTISEMENT

Angeli and Minchey should start getting more reps.

scubastevefl

I've posted how many times?
Dec 9, 2006
I’m not blaming Hartman for the loss, he’s played great all year, in no way shape or form is he the reason ND lost last to O$U. But he was a one year rental! The CFP is gone! No way ND gets in 11-1 without a CCG. Im not saying bench him, but do we need to have series or either Angeli or Minchey or both?
Gotta think about next year. I don’t care about a NY6 bowl, it’s playoff or bust. I’d give a series a quarter to Angeli at lest. I mean even if ND makes a NY6 game no way Hartman plays in it anyway.

Reactions: Airzee23
I’m not blaming Hartman for the loss, he’s played great all year, in no way shape or form is he the reason ND lost last to O$U. But he was a one year rental! The CFP is gone! No way ND gets in 11-1 without a CCG. Im not saying bench him, but do we need to have series or either Angeli or Minchey or both?
Gotta think about next year. I don’t care about a NY6 bowl, it’s playoff or bust. I’d give a series a quarter to Angeli at lest. I mean even if ND makes a NY6 game no way Hartman plays in it anyway.
They could still get in. No way you do that yet. Keep playing and winning and playoffs are still attainable

It’s week 4, and you’re playing for next season.

Hartman is the QB. He’s earned it. Stay with Hartman and let him get us to 11-1.

Hartman is the QB. He’s earned it. Stay with Hartman and let him get us to 11-1.
That’s nice and all, but that will leave you next year with two inexperienced QB’s, a true freshman and maybe another one year mercenary.

They could still get in. No way you do that yet. Keep playing and winning and playoffs are still attainable
I respectfully disagree with you on the playoff. I have no issue with ND maintaining their independence, but that comes with a price and that is for ND to make the playoff they have to be perfect.

That’s nice and all, but that will leave you next year with two inexperienced QB’s, a true freshman and maybe another one year mercenary.
They can go to the portal and the Pitt, Wake and Stanford games are games the backup qbs will play.

11 and 1 you can get to the Playoff and if not we still have to win a NY6

Winning also helps recruiting

So....I don't understand how NIL works, so please don't judge me. But doesn't it carry any requirements that a player, i.e. Hartman in this case, play the entire season, including bowl games?

I mean you're giving a guy a million bucks, so he should play for you the entire season. If not, it would be like a pro player opting out of the playoffs because he was going to be a free agent after the season ended.

Last edited:
Reactions: scubastevefl
When would you have put them in yesterday ?

Stick to your day job !

Hartman is exponentially better than either

Reactions: NDinNJ
You don't coach for next year. You coach now. Hartman should take every single meaningful snap. Period.

And frankly, I will not be surprised to see another grad transfer QB in 2024.

Doesn’t Hartman get high 6 figures / low 7 figures through NIL? What’s the ROI there? I mean, Pyne legit could’ve had the same type of game…..

Last edited:
Doesn’t Hartman her high 6 figures / low 7 figures through NIL? What’s the ROI there? I mean, Pyne legit could’ve had the same type of game…..
You’re beyond stupid,

Pyne is not as accurate as Hartman and not as experienced as Hartman.

Hartman’s body of work is spectacular

Compare their CP, YPA and INT stats, it’s not even close, Hartman is light years better.

You’d have to be a know nothing moron to equate the two !

Agree. The season is over. Start planning for 2024.

When are too good to join a conference, it’s playoff or bust. While I love the idea of him, Hartman was a waste. I’d rather have had a young guy get reps from here on out. On to next season is just par for the course for ND. 2024 is now the goal.

When are too good to join a conference, it’s playoff or bust. While I love the idea of him, Hartman was a waste. I’d rather have had a young guy get reps from here on out. On to next season is just par for the course for ND. 2024 is now the goal.
You know nothing about football and less than nothing about ND football !

And do what? Get slaughtered by 30+ in the playoffs? ND has shown for 30 years now it can’t win big games.

We could still make it at 11-1, since our schedule's very tough this year. It wasn't good enough in 2021, because our schedule wasn't good enough that year. Circumstances will also be a factor. How many undefeated teams are there at that point? Also, if we went 11-1 and beat USC, it would help us a lot if USC went on to win the Pac-12.

And do what? Get slaughtered by 30+ in the playoffs? ND has shown for 30 years now it can’t win big games.
What fanbase are you really from? Michigan? USC? You're obviously a troll.

That’s insane. Even if we don’t get in the playoff, winning out and wining a ny6 bowl game would be a great season. Conversely if we fall apart and go 7-5 the season would feel like a disaster

Go drink a beer and watch the NFL.

That’s insane. Even if we don’t get in the playoff, winning out and wining a ny6 bowl game would be a great season. Conversely if we fall apart and go 7-5 the season would feel like a disaster
10-2 would be a failure, beating up on mid level ACC teams and losing to the two elite programs on the schedule doesn’t cut it.

10-2 would be a failure, beating up on mid level ACC teams and losing to the two elite programs on the schedule doesn’t cut it.
Disagree. That would be a good season IMO. And it would also get us into a 12-team playoff. Unfortunately, that doesn't start until next year, though.

Nonsense

You still have a CFP shot. A NY6 shot. Recruiting relies on it. Just way to much to toss in the towel. We got 11-1, there are a few spots / times left to get them in there. Stay the course and pick your spots.

You still have a CFP shot. A NY6 shot. Recruiting relies on it. Just way to much to toss in the towel. We got 11-1, there are a few spots / times left to get them in there. Stay the course and pick your spots.
Recruiting used to rely on winning now it’s NIL.

So? I've read where that OSU QB - last night - was in his first pressure-packed game on the road and responded by going 10 of 12 on 3rd downs in the game for 155 third down yardage. He also engineered that final OSU drive for 65 yards in 1:30 or thereabouts including a 3rd and 19 conversion.

My point - that's why we recruit quality players and they should be ready when their time comes. Hartmann is our QB this year and we can still finish 11-1.

Recruiting used to rely on winning now it’s NIL.
True, but that’s led to parity. The dopes like Dylan Edwards, Travis Hunter, and Swain choose 60-0 blowouts for NIL instead of going to blue blood programs like ND. Similar kids go to TN and ATM instead of Bama or LSU. Those top heavy teams are being forced to recruit 3-4 star guys.

The kids with forethought like Love, Carr, and Greathouse head to ND, but similar kids go to Clemson, Georgia, Michigan, etc.

The diversity of talent is spreading out and I do like that part of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT