ADVERTISEMENT

A Look at ND's 2016 Season

I don't think so, there are other ways to have a 'red-zone' or 'short yardage' package than just "Jumbo"

If you look at the team that have the highest TD % in the nation, they usually don't do as much "Jumbo" in the red-zone as they try to spread opponents out and then run the ball into a friendlier box

By comparison, the "Jumbo" type of things that Alabama does landed them at #90 in Red-Zone TD % for 2015

Excellent Post! When you bring Jumbo personnel into a football game, the defense will bring in it's heavy personnel into the game, So, you gain no "schematic" advantage, The nit wit who started this discussion apparently doesn't realize that the opponent has highly paid coaches on the other sideline as well,

As the old saying goes. "Dance with one who brought you". ND has built it's offense around recruiting explosive play makers, spreading them all over the field in 3 & 4 WR sets, and seeing how the defense reacts. Then calls its plays accordingly, The rest is up to the players to execute.

If ND feels it can bring in 3 Tight Ends and slam the football down a teams throat. ND will do that. If ND feels the opponent is stout and can match up in short yardage, ND will Spread the field in the Red Zone and do what it does best, get it's athletes the ball in space. Albeit less space on the goal line.

Again, this is the difference between REAL football, and message board, internet forum, Madden/Play Station football. It is also the difference between folks who know what they are talking about and nitwits just spewing off nonsensical drivel about Jumbo Packages.

Excellent Post! When you bring Jumbo personnel into a football game, the defense will bring in it's heavy personnel into the game, So, you gain no "schematic" advantage, The nit wit who started this discussion apparently doesn't realize that the opponent has highly paid coaches on the other sideline as well,

As the old saying goes. "Dance with one who brought you". ND has built it's offense around recruiting explosive play makers, spreading them all over the field in 3 & 4 WR sets, and seeing how the defense reacts. Then calls its plays accordingly, The rest is up to the players to execute.

If ND feels it can bring in 3 Tight Ends and slam the football down a teams throat. ND will do that. If ND feels the opponent is stout and can match up in short yardage, ND will Spread the field in the Red Zone and do what it does best, get it's athletes the ball in space. Albeit less space on the goal line.

Again, this is the difference between REAL football, and message board, internet forum, Madden/Play Station football. It is also the difference between folks who know what they are talking about and nitwits just spewing off nonsensical drivel about Jumbo Packages.

Yep, that's why the best coaches in the game deploy multi faceted "Jumbo" packages at the college and pro levels.

We don't because kelly is a lightweight.... He stinks.

PS I hope you have a lot of quarters for your work this week....

Looks like another Brian Kelly Special of 8-4. Then we'll hear him talk about how 2017 is the "year." Of course the injury bug will set in again and he'll make excuses in year eight. #KellyIsAFraud

If kelly stumbles out of the box versus Texas you could be right.... People may look at last year's dominant win over Texas as a harbinger. However, don't lose sight of how southern cal manhandled us in '14 only to get thumped/paid back by us last year.... (49-14 L flipped to 41-31 W)
PS I just hope we don't send out 12 men for our first play of the season....or call timeout....

Miami?........I never mentioned Miami. This is their first year with coach Mark Richt after firing their former coach for not firing his defensive coordinator! (sound familiar?) Nobody expects Miami to do squat this year plus Richt had no time to recruit. If Miami were to beat ND that would be a real embarrassment for BK and ND.

Ohh.........wait, you mentioned BK has already been embarrassed by losing to.................Navy.........yikes!

Oh, and you like to call other posters things like "little guy" in the face of facts in order to make yourself feel bigger and better. Classic! Get a life.

Again, keep telling yourself things like, "Navy is a team that can be a crown jewel of a decent schedule" if it makes you feel bigger and better and of course, statements like that make a convenient excuse for Brian Kelly's loss.

Just remember.............one thing about service academies: They may be small but they're slow. Anchors away and cut away, cut away.

So, best of luck with your "crown jewel" (OMG) of the Notre Dame schedule. If you say it enough maybe, just maybe a miracle will happen.............but, I doubt it.

BTW, have you checked the line for the ND-Navy game this year? Not!

Wait, so what happened decades ago matters for Navy "ND beat them 43 straight times!!" But now you want to look at current context for Miami and completely ignore what happened decades ago there (Catholics/Convicts)

You can see how pathetic that makes you and how it completely and totally invalidates what you're saying...right??

And someone who posts in emoticons and laughing noises has literally no room tot talk about tot her people's posting style...

Again, keep telling yourself things like, "Navy is a team that can be a crown jewel of a decent schedule" if it makes you feel bigger and better and of course, statements like that make a convenient excuse for Brian Kelly's loss.

Just remember.............one thing about service academies: They may be small but they're slow. Anchors away and cut away, cut away.

So, best of luck with your "crown jewel" (OMG) of the Notre Dame schedule. If you say it enough maybe, just maybe a miracle will happen.............but, I doubt it.

BTW, have you checked the line for the ND-Navy game this year? Not!

I literally never said that, I said the opposite...

"Navy isn't a team that can be thhe crown jewel of a schedule...but thyre one of the hardest non-P5 teams to play in all of CFB"

What you need to understand is that Navynis FAR from an automatic win, even for teams like Ohio State (who they recently played a very tough game against)

When Navy is a non-P5 level opponent on your schedule (in addition to other top P5 teams and Top25 teams) they enhance the strength of the schedule....

You may want to note that last year Navy finished ahead of teams like USC, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, etc.

Navy is much, MUCH, much tougher to play (as a non-P5 team) than you're trying to say

Yep, that's why the best coaches in the game deploy multi faceted "Jumbo" packages at the college and pro levels.

We don't because kelly is a lightweight.... He stinks.

PS I hope you have a lot of quarters for your work this week....

The best programs/coaches in the game today do a huge variety of things

Ohio State (Meyer), FSU (Fisher), and Clemson (Swiney) all are more spread based and don't make heavy use of "Jumbo Packages"
Alabama (Saban), Michigan (Harbaugh), and Stanford (Shaw) are all more power based and do make heavy use of them

Your attempt to say that one system is right and the other wrong, or that all the good schools/coaches are doing just 1...........well it's yet another example of how you have no idea what you're talking about

You're as hysterically, comically wrong about this as you are about me not being an ND Alumnus
(yet another comical gaff by you)

You really need to take a step back and just read the thoughts of the people here who actually know what they're talking about, without forcing your stupidity onto anyone else anymore

Reactions: Bodizephax
Schedule
@ Texas (L)
Nevada (W)
Michigan State (L)
Duke (W)
@Syracuse (W)
@NC State (W)
Stanford (L)
BYE
Miami (L)
Navy (L)
Army (W)
Virginia Tech (W)
@ USC (L)

Most likely 6-6 to 7-5 season. Factor in the Kelly's annual loss in the bowl game and best case scenario is 7-6. End of the Kelly era...thank Allah.

Schedule
@ Texas (L)
Nevada (W)
Michigan State (L)
Duke (W)
@Syracuse (W)
@NC State (W)
Stanford (L)
BYE
Miami (L)
Navy (L)
Army (W)
Virginia Tech (W)
@ USC (L)

Most likely 6-6 to 7-5 season. Factor in the Kelly's annual loss in the bowl game and best case scenario is 7-6. End of the Kelly era...thank Allah.

Interested to hear why you think we lost to teams like Miami and Navy

Also, you realize Kelly is actually .500 in Bowl Games at ND
(so by your logic, the bowl game would be a toss-up)

And the "best case scenario" is absolutely not 7-6...though I assume you're just trolling with that kind of comment
(Vegas currently favors us in 11/12 games and has our over/under for wins at 9)

Interested to hear why you think we lost to teams like Miami and Navy

Also, you realize Kelly is actually .500 in Bowl Games at ND
(so by your logic, the bowl game would be a toss-up)

And the "best case scenario" is absolutely not 7-6...though I assume you're just trolling with that kind of comment
(Vegas currently favors us in 11/12 games and has our over/under for wins at 9)
Well...if Vegas is favoring us...my mistake because Vegas is always right. Anyway, tossing that silly logic aside, Miami will be returning the vast majority of its starters and will we a very good team. Navy always gives us problems and without the core of the defense returning, will control the clock, the score and the turnover battle. Kelly did lose to Navy already...remember?

I literally never said that, I said the opposite...

"Navy isn't a team that can be thhe crown jewel of a schedule...but thyre one of the hardest non-P5 teams to play in all of CFB"

What you need to understand is that Navynis FAR from an automatic win, even for teams like Ohio State (who they recently played a very tough game against)

When Navy is a non-P5 level opponent on your schedule (in addition to other top P5 teams and Top25 teams) they enhance the strength of the schedule....

You may want to note that last year Navy finished ahead of teams like USC, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, etc.

Navy is much, MUCH, much tougher to play (as a non-P5 team) than you're trying to say

Deck..........

You are seriously slipping and you changed your quote above:

Here is your exact quote and I copied and pasted it for you.

Original quote a few posts above, "Navy is a team that can be a crown jewel of a decent schedule"

Above you quote yourself saying, "Navy isn't"

But in your original post a few posts above you said "Navy is".

You changed your own quote 180 degrees!

That looks like the sort of thing that Argusman does!!! You can't have it both ways.

Service academies are basically FCS schools that play a watered down schedule including one another plus lower echelon teams from the FBS. Occasionally they do schedule some of the bigger schools and as expected they get beaten. (exception: Navy has occasionally beaten some of the Notre Dame coaches including Brian Kelly) Service academies really should be relegated to playing FCS, Div.II and Div.III schools. That way they wouldn't pad the schedules of the bigger FBS schools and they would enjoy much better W/L records.

Deck..........

Original quote a few posts above, "Navy is a team that can be a crown jewel of a decent schedule"

That looks like the sort of thing that Argusman does!!! You can't have it both ways.

Service academies are basically FCS schools that play a watered down schedule including one another plus lower echelon teams from the FBS. Occasionally they do schedule some of the bigger schools and as expected they get beaten. (exception: Navy has occasionally beaten some of the Notre Dame coaches including Brian Kelly) Service academies really should be relegated to playing FCS, Div.II and Div.III schools. That way they wouldn't pad the schedules of the bigger FBS schools and they would enjoy much better W/L records.
He is Argus. Another username.

Well...if Vegas is favoring us...my mistake because Vegas is always right. Anyway, tossing that silly logic aside, Miami will be returning the vast majority of its starters and will we a very good team. Navy always gives us problems and without the core of the defense returning, will control the clock, the score and the turnover battle. Kelly did lose to Navy already...remember?

Vegas an be wrong, but saying that what they're predicting is massively outside the realm of possibility (which is what you said)....is just flat out stupid

And you're saying Navy's offense will dominate because we lost some key players on defense....but you're going to ignore the fact that they lost 9/11 starters on offense, including their best QB of all time?!!

You can see how you're not presenting an even semi-reasonable or fact based opinion, right???

As for Miami, you're citing the continuity of a team that just had a complete coaching overhaul?
And ignoring the fact that Kelly has beaten that team 2x...by an average margin of 30+ points?!!

You're trying to say you have a reasonable, fact based opinion....while you ignore all the facts and present a totally slanted opinion

It's pretty pathetic

Deck..........

No, I said they can be valuable as a non-P5 team

That's easily what they are, a quality mom-P5 team

Again, your ignorance is showing...Navy is much better as a program over the last 5-10 years than half of the FBS (including many lesser P5 teams)

Navy is a quality non-P5 opponent and when they're not supposed to be one of the top teams on your schedule, the can be an asset

You don't have a factual or statistical leg to stand on here

I'm embarrassed for you

Vegas an be wrong, but saying that what they're predicting is massively outside the realm of possibility (which is what you said)....is just flat out stupid

And you're saying Navy's offense will dominate because we lost some key players on defense....but you're going to ignore the fact that they lost 9/11 starters on offense, including their best QB of all time?!!

You can see how you're not presenting an even semi-reasonable or fact based opinion, right???

As for Miami, you're citing the continuity of a team that just had a complete coaching overhaul?
And ignoring the fact that Kelly has beaten that team 2x...by an average margin of 30+ points?!!

You're trying to say you have a reasonable, fact based opinion....while you ignore all the facts and present a totally slanted opinion

It's pretty pathetic
So winning in Vegas is easy Argus?

Seriously not sure what you're talking about

But it's funny that you're continuing to be wrong about everything you say

Even when you're trying to deflect from football...lol
The more you deny that you are Argus, the more it appears that you are.

It's pretty pathetic

I'm saying you changed your story 180 degrees and it's right here in this thread in black and white!

And FWIW, I could care less what you may have said on other message boards. I've been posting here for years. Don't know where you've been and don't care. Try and get your story straight and try to remember just what you said.

So winning in Vegas is easy Argus?

Seriously, WTF are you talking about and can you even read?

That's literally the polar opposite of what I said
(If you're right about ND being 7-6 as a best case, you should bet every penny you have on the under for NDs win total...and post the stub here)

Your claim is the one saying it's easy to beat Vegas

Seriously, WTF are you talking about and can you even read?

That's literally the polar opposite of what I said
(If you're right about ND being 7-6 as a best case, you should bet every penny you have on the under for NDs win total...and post the stub here)

Your claim is the one saying it's easy to beat Vegas
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas Argus.

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas Argus.
So you can't respond with any type of fact based object and just want to watch me slap you around...while you try to call me out for being some random poster I'm not

(Even though my real name is right in my handle)

You seem like someone who's intelligence is going to be tough to compete with...

I'm saying you changed your story 180 degrees and it's right here in this thread in black and white!

And FWIW, I could care less what you may have said on other message boards. I've been posting here for years. Don't know where you've been and don't care. Try and get your story straight and try to remember just what you said.

No, no it's not

Read his thread

"Navy is an asset to a schedule as a quality nonP5 team, but isn't a crown jewel by itself"

Do you actually want ton continue to debate the fact that Navy is a quality non-p5 team?
Or are you ready to admit that every fact points toe every single you've said in this thread being complete and total garbage?

Please just admit to the garbage you've posted, apologize, and leave with your tail between your legs....I'm stating to feel bad about how I'm having to humiliate you for your complete lack of knowledge and inability to substantiate your opinion in any way

Then again, it is fun laughing a what an idiot you are...lol

Deck.......

Do you even read your own posts? Changing what you said 180 degrees??? You used the abbreviation above: WTF. So Deck...........WTF????

Talk about argusman like!!!

No, no it's not

Read his thread

"Navy is an asset to a schedule as a quality nonP5 team, but isn't a crown jewel by itself"

Do you actually want ton continue to debate the fact that Navy is a quality non-p5 team?
Or are you ready to admit that every fact points toe every single you've said in this thread being complete and total garbage?

Please just admit to the garbage you've posted, apologize, and leave with your tail between your legs....I'm stating to feel bad about how I'm having to humiliate you for your complete lack of knowledge and inability to substantiate your opinion in any way

Then again, it is fun laughing a what an idiot you are...lol
Argus caught is his own B.S.

Deck.......

Do you even read your own posts? Changing what you said 180 degrees??? You used the abbreviation above: WTF. So Deck...........WTF????

Talk about argusman like!!!

I haven't changed my opinion at all, even a tiny bit

I've been defending Navy as a quality non-P5 team for this entire thread

A "Jewel"?

My quote was "they're not a crown jewel, but they're one of the hardest non-P5 teams to play in all of CFB"

You can't replace a team like USC with Navy, becuAse they're not on a USC level as a program

But as a non-P5 team, they're one of the best

Again, please try to debate that...

My quote was "they're not a crown jewel, but they're one of the hardest non-P5 teams to play in all of CFB"

You can't replace a team like USC with Navy, becuAse they're not on a USC level as a program

But as a non-P5 team, they're one of the best

Again, please try to debate that...
The sad thing is...I really don't care. I don't disagree with you. It just does not matter. So you spent all of this time trying to prove a point that no one cares about. Something Argus would do.

The sad thing is...I really don't care. I don't disagree with you. It just does not matter. So you spent all of this time trying to prove a point that no one cares about. Something Argus would do.

Lol

The last resort of the pathetic mind after it's been completely exposed and thoroughly beaten

"I don't even care"

It's been great watching your mental failures

Ready to try to respond meaningfully to the content yet?

Lol

The last resort of the pathetic mind after it's been completely exposed and thoroughly beaten

"I don't even care"

It's been great watching your mental failures

Ready to try to respond meaningfully to the content yet?
Who cares Argus. Let's see what Navy's record is before we label them as the "crown Jewel". Jeez.

Who cares Argus. Let's see what Navy's record is before we label them as the "crown Jewel". Jeez.

No one has labeled them as "the crown jewel"

In fact, the opposite is true. I named them "a quality mom-P5 opponent"

However, if you only want to discuss football in hindsight...I don't think anyone would mind if you didn't post again until after the 2016 seasom

No one has labeled them as "the crown jewel"

In fact, the opposite is true. I named them "a quality mom-P5 opponent"

However, if you only want to discuss football in hindsight...I don't think anyone would mind if you didn't post again until after the 2016 seasom
Did you write or not write this?

"Navy is a team that can be a crown jewel of a decent schedule, but when they're the non-P5 competition on a schedule....they make t much harder"

Enough said. Goodbye liar.

Reactions: cgvr
Did you write or not write this?

"Navy is a team that can be a crown jewel of a decent schedule, but when they're the non-P5 competition on a schedule....they make t much harder"

Enough said. Goodbye liar.

You're basing all this on one post with an obvious typo...from a cell phone?!!
( I clarified it again and again)

Seriously, please kill yourself

Just a little 3rd grade education for you
1. Typos happen

2. You can usually identify them when the first part of a sentence contradicts the 2nd part of a sentence...especially when they're separated by the word "but"

3. Reading the clarification post a dozen times after the typo can also help
(If you're mentally challenged and can't figure it out by this point)

It's amazing to me that someone with your intelligence remembers to breathe

You're basing all this on one post with an obvious typo...from a cell phone?!!
( I clarified it again and again)

Seriously, please kill yourself

Just a little 3rd grade education for you
1. Typos happen

2. You can usually identify them when the first part of a sentence contradicts the 2nd part of a sentence...especially when they're separated by the word "but"

3. Reading the clarification post a dozen times after the typo can also help
(If you're mentally challenged and can't figure it out by this point)

It's amazing to me that someone with your intelligence remembers to breathe
The "Old Cell Phone Typo" excuse. LOL. Please understand me. I DON'T CARE!!!! If I say you are right, will you go away Argus?

The "Old Cell Phone Typo" excuse. LOL. Please understand me. I DON'T CARE!!!! If I say you are right, will you go away Argus?

Yes, becuas the only person with actual football related content in hai posts is making an excuse

It doesn't matter what you say, when you've been exposed as badly as I've done to you...the denials are just as telling as your abject submission and departure

You haven't been able to debate a single pint...you just make up random names and get the ever living sh*t kicked out of you

Yes, becuas the only person with actual football related content in hai posts is making an excuse

It doesn't matter what you say, when you've been exposed as badly as I've done to you...the denials are just as telling as your abject submission and departure

You haven't been able to debate a single pint...you just make up random names and get the ever living sh*t kicked out of you
Yes. Have a good flight and stay safe. Going to D.C. on business? Do you get time to see the sights?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT