ADVERTISEMENT

5 must have qualities in NDs next head football coach

I don't know if the correlation is that tight. But if it is, 2012 bought him nearly 10 losses, in 2015 he torched all his goodwill in the next year, so 2017 bought BK another 8 to 10 losses which will likely last two years.

Of course the reality is that ND could not afford to buy him out in 2016, and the lag on this website is beyond acceptable.
Wow... a 10 win season where your best win was Temple and you lost to every good team, followed by a total dumpster fire of 4-8, followed by the biggest November collapse I remember in the longest time. What a job BK
So bring in a 7-6 Brohm? Funny stuff.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Cmon now... give Jeff Brohm the 2016 Notre Dame roster what do you think his record is?
You are the one saying Don't settle for mediocrity. He hasn't reached that level yet. Are you related to him? Are you his agent?

You are the one saying Don't settle for mediocrity. He hasn't reached that level yet. Are you related to him? Are you his agent?
I get your point. I think he has giant potential as a coach. My big fish target is John Harbaugh. Not many realistic options, but I do think Brohm has massive upside as a coach. He turned down Tennessee because he knows he’s the #1 coaching target going into next offseason and will many schools to choose from. Perfect blend of hardass old school and new young energetic guy. Players would take a bullet for him, same cannot be said for BK.

I get your point. I think he has giant potential as a coach. My big fish target is John Harbaugh. Not many realistic options, but I do think Brohm has massive upside as a coach. He turned down Tennessee because he knows he’s the #1 coaching target going into next offseason and will many schools to choose from. Perfect blend of hardass old school and new young energetic guy. Players would take a bullet for him, same cannot be said for BK.
Maybe he will be but 4 years of head coaching experience isn't going to prepare anyone to be the head coach at ND.
If they would take a bullet for him, how come they could not win more games?
Not a fan of any Harbaugh. Putz runs in the family.

Maybe he will be but 4 years of head coaching experience isn't going to prepare anyone to be the head coach at ND.
If they would take a bullet for him, how come they could not win more games?
Not a fan of any Harbaugh. Putz runs in the family.
Because nitwit, he took over a pathetic team led by Darrrell Hazel with a record of 9-33. He inherited a sorry ass team the year before and got them 7 wins in his first year. How bout your boy bk getting 4 wins in his eighth year? Or his overall record at ND averaging 8 wins a season?

Wow... a 10 win season where your best win was Temple and you lost to every good team, followed by a total dumpster fire of 4-8, followed by the biggest November collapse I remember in the longest time. What a job BK
just pointing out the record in response to his post.

How bout the 4-8 in between?
what about it ? how many different ways can it be said that it was a horrible season ? i said at the time that i believed kelly had earned the right to try and right the ship. i believe he has and last season was a good indicator.

neither of those options is realistic at all.

Because nitwit, he took over a pathetic team led by Darrrell Hazel with a record of 9-33. He inherited a sorry ass team the year before and got them 7 wins in his first year. How bout your boy bk getting 4 wins in his eighth year? Or his overall record at ND averaging 8 wins a season?
dead horse alert ! kelly still the coach for this season and likely more. your act is old and stale.

Reactions: Pennick4
I think Swarbrick has a list of 50 more qualified candidates. Stop blaming BK for your low IQ.

BVG represented Kelly’s worse decision and one that hurt the program immeasurably and put personal friendship above the interest of the University and the players and the fans. Thought Kelly should have been fired for keeping him leading into a third season, and for allowing the strength and conditioning program to become a joke. I would have fired him on principle without regard to whether there was a sure bet better coach available for hire.

Last year was an impressive turnaround on many levels and I credit Kelly. I think this year dictates whether Kelly completes his contract. Anything less than a ten win regular season will be a disappointment, but the reality is that back to back ten plus win seasons will be the first in nearly three decades and he’ll complete his contract if he chooses. A single digit win season this year followed by next year’s brutal schedule and I think discussing and predicting his replacement would make sense, now not so much.

Reactions: hoosierstateII
BVG represented Kelly’s worse decision and one that hurt the program immeasurably and put personal friendship above the interest of the University and the players and the fans. Thought Kelly should have been fired for keeping him leading into a third season, and for allowing the strength and conditioning program to become a joke. I would have fired him on principle without regard to whether there was a sure bet better coach available for hire.

Last year was an impressive turnaround on many levels and I credit Kelly. I think this year dictates whether Kelly completes his contract. Anything less than a ten win regular season will be a disappointment, but the reality is that back to back ten plus win seasons will be the first in nearly three decades and he’ll complete his contract if he chooses. A single digit win season this year followed by next year’s brutal schedule and I think discussing and predicting his replacement would make sense, now not so much.
Good post, however mr "pendick44" said bvg was going to be great. LOL, what a tool

Dantonio is wondering, “why drag me into this!”
ask the other guy. i never brought him up. he thinks because i played at msu over 20 years ago that i now have bonded with their current coach. six degrees of separation i guess.

If Kelly was somewhere else, and knowing what we know, where would he fall on these lists?

or

If suddenly all coaches were free agents how would your list look?

I've been on the Lane Kiffin bandwagon for a while.

This guy would immediately move the needle forward in terms of NDs brand/recruiting prowess.

His resume post-USC has been exceptional as well:

2 NCs as an offensive coordinator under Saban
and turned around FAU from a 3-9 to 11-3 record as a HC

He also runs a pro style offense that highlights positions that ND recruits well naturally (TE/FB, QB, OL).

The clown show is one big YAWN ... I knew any thread criticizing Kelly would be jumped on like flies on poop

FYI - Kelly doesn't get credit for asst coach changes ... he was told it was those guys or him ... he was forced to make those moves

Kelly has been a good to great recruiter ... and a good to downright awful game day coach ... he has taken this program as far as he can

This guy would immediately move the needle forward in terms of NDs brand/recruiting prowess.

He also runs a pro style offense that highlights positions that ND recruits well naturally (TE/FB, QB, OL).
can't see nd ever taking a sniff at him.

Reactions: Pennick4

Seems like our coaches make these bad hires. Weis had Tenutu. what a horrid hire that was.

Stop.

Nick saban, since we're being extremely unrealistic.
Many NFL guys who know what they’re talking about say this is his last season with the Ravens. I could see him doing tv for a year or 2 then wanting to coach again. Also a Catholic and I believe his daughter may be going to ND. Very realistic

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT