ADVERTISEMENT

3-4 defense

NDIRISH53

Posts Like A Champion
Aug 13, 2016
Am I the only one who thinks a 3-4 would have worked so much better last year and this year? No way someone can tell me that guys like Rochelle are a 4-3 d end. Daelin Hayes and Trumbetti are nowhere near big enough nor do they have enough length to play a true 4-3 d end either. Middle linebacker types seem to be the strength on the team so why not run 2? Guys like Morgan Coney bilal martini etc could all give pressure and different looks at pass rush as a middle backer. Young guys such as Hayes okwara and other would be the true pass rushers as 3/4 outside backers. I just don't see any success with the guys we have in a 4-3 defense

Am I the only one who thinks a 3-4 would have worked so much better last year and this year? No way someone can tell me that guys like Rochelle are a 4-3 d end. Daelin Hayes and Trumbetti are nowhere near big enough nor do they have enough length to play a true 4-3 d end either. Middle linebacker types seem to be the strength on the team so why not run 2? Guys like Morgan Coney bilal martini etc could all give pressure and different looks at pass rush as a middle backer. Young guys such as Hayes okwara and other would be the true pass rushers as 3/4 outside backers. I just don't see any success with the guys we have in a 4-3 defense
Now it's the 4-2-5

Now it's the 4-2-5
Ridiculous. I watched some of the Louisville wake game from this year and it wasn't Lamar Jackson that ripped them, it was runs right up the middle that did. Louisville running back had 3 touchdowns and I believe close to 200 yards. That scares me

His base defense is the 4-2-5 and from it he shifts to a 3-4 or 4-3. I wonder if he'll bring his DL coach with him from WF or maybe move Elston back? Will he coach the DB's or retain Lyght to coach the corner backs and him the safeties?

His base defense is the 4-2-5 and from it he shifts to a 3-4 or 4-3. I wonder if he'll bring his DL coach with him from WF or maybe move Elston back? Will he coach the DB's or retain Lyght to coach the corner backs and him the safeties?

IIO has this coaching lineup on another thread -- not sure if it's "official", but it looks pretty good

HC / QB: Brian Kelly
OC / TE: Jeff Quinn
OC / WR: Mike Denbrock
OL: Harry Hiestand
RB: Autry Denson
ST: Brian Polian
DC / S: Mike Elko
DL / DC / RC: Mike Elston
LB: Clark Lea
CB: Todd Lyght

No, it's not official yet. It doesn't make sense to have Elston at those three positions simply because there isn't enough time in a day. Also, I seriously doubt Elko would take the job as co-defensive coordinator. Coach Kelly gave him free reign over hiring his defensive staff. He also likes having a QB coach on staff to give them the extra attention they need. He also said he wants the freedom to keep track of what's going on defensive and special teams this year. I heard him say that he hoped the NCAA would approve a 10th assistant coach for 2017 season. It's not looking good right now so we'll just have to be patient until everything gets settle. Right now there appears to be a numbers problem.

IIO has this coaching lineup on another thread -- not sure if it's "official", but it looks pretty good

HC / QB: Brian Kelly
OC / TE: Jeff Quinn
OC / WR: Mike Denbrock
OL: Harry Hiestand
RB: Autry Denson
ST: Brian Polian
DC / S: Mike Elko
DL / DC / RC: Mike Elston
LB: Clark Lea
CB: Todd Lyght
Looks good to who?

Your first line ends all discussion and optimism.
Change the first and Notre Dame can finally start having a chance again.

Looks good to who?

Your first line ends all discussion and optimism.
Change the first and Notre Dame can finally start having a chance again.
Perhaps you're unaware of this, but Brian Kelly is back next year whether we like it or not. So IIO is giving us what we have to work with.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT