ADVERTISEMENT

Reopening

if you died, with covid complications, and otherwise would not have died, then covid as the cause would be a correct classification.

The problem with covid is the symptoms and complications are so unidentifiable as yet.

And Pa..., btw, you are incorrect regarding Sweden and ‘herd’ mentality. Not a success.
And a community in my county, comprised of a religious sect, has not rigorously accepted the shelter in place directive, often incurring the wrath of the Governor, and that area has the overwhelming % of the county cases.
So their attempt at ‘herd immunity’ failed and places many in jeopardy.

I know you are like talking to a rock, but you cannot also go unrestrained with your misinformation. You will likely resist this explanation, but others will at least consider it.

Reactions: Walruzz
if you died, with covid complications, and otherwise would not have died, then covid as the cause would be a correct classification.

The problem with covid is the symptoms and complications are so unidentifiable as yet.

And Pa..., btw, you are incorrect regarding Sweden and ‘herd’ mentality. Not a success.
And a community in my county, comprised of a religious sect, has not rigorously accepted the shelter in place directive, often incurring the wrath of the Governor, and that area has the overwhelming % of the county cases.
So their attempt at ‘herd immunity’ failed and places many in jeopardy.

I know you are like talking to a rock, but you cannot also go unrestrained with your misinformation. You will likely resist this explanation, but others will at least consider it.

Where did I state that Sweden was a success ?

Please provide the citation.
Absent that citation, you can admit that you were wrong.

You don’t seem to understand something, coming down with Covid-19 is an integral component in achieving herd immunity.

You need to work on your reading comprehension skills.
Show me where I provided misinformation !

Thanks

According to a joint study from Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, Imperial College London, and Oxford University, the economic crisis of 2008-2010, and the rise in unemployment that accompanied it, was associated with more than 260,000 excess cancer-related deaths — in middle- and high-income countries alone. Cancer is just one example.

Many countries worldwide are now struggling with the economic implications of the pandemic, along with the rising unemployment. That is why it is expected that the stress of the pandemic will likely precipitate increased smoking, alcohol consumption, and drug use, as well as rising suicide rates.

Your lockdowns are going to kill way way way more people than this virus. This is why a common sense approach to this would’ve made more sense. Leaders responsible for millions of deaths due to lockdowns won’t get blamed because these impacts aren’t as easily measured as a virus death. Simply put, leaders are killing millions in order to save thousands.

Last edited:
Reactions: chicity
While all 5 points are valid, how do you protect an elderly couple whose daughter and 3 grandchildren live with them ?
Do what I’ve done since March. Keep my kids away from other kids until we sort through this mess. You can make exceptions for this very small percentage group. These people should simply get more support.

Do what I’ve done since March. Keep my kids away from other kids until we sort through this mess. You can make exceptions for this very small percentage group. These people should simply get more support.

In the example, You can’t keep your young grandkids locked up forever.
Same for your daughter.

Herd Immunity can only be achieved through exposure.

Sooner or later you’re going to have to expose your grandkids to Covid-19. And when they become exposed, you’ll become exposed, and chances are, you’ll become a fatality.

Flattening the curve doesn’t eliminate deaths, it only takes the stress off of the hospitals and postpones the inevitable, unless a vaccine or cure is discovered in the interim.

The older aged population, especially those with co-morbidities will always be in the high risk pool, there’s just no way to escape that.

In the example, You can’t keep your young grandkids locked up forever.
Same for your daughter.

Herd Immunity can only be achieved through exposure.

Sooner or later you’re going to have to expose your grandkids to Covid-19. And when they become exposed, you’ll become exposed, and chances are, you’ll become a fatality.

Flattening the curve doesn’t eliminate deaths, it only takes the stress off of the hospitals and postpones the inevitable, unless a vaccine or cure is discovered in the interim.

The older aged population, especially those with co-morbidities will always be in the high risk pool, there’s just no way to escape that.
Culling the herd!

The good news: deaths dipped down to 1687 today.

The bad news: the U.S. now has 43% of the world's active cases.

According to a joint study from Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, Imperial College London, and Oxford University, the economic crisis of 2008-2010, and the rise in unemployment that accompanied it, was associated with more than 260,000 excess cancer-related deaths — in middle- and high-income countries alone. Cancer is just one example.

Many countries worldwide are now struggling with the economic implications of the pandemic, along with the rising unemployment. That is why it is expected that the stress of the pandemic will likely precipitate increased smoking, alcohol consumption, and drug use, as well as rising suicide rates.

Your lockdowns are going to kill way way way more people than this virus. This is why a common sense approach to this would’ve made more sense. Leaders responsible for millions of deaths due to lockdowns won’t get blamed because these impacts aren’t as easily measured as a virus death. Simply put, leaders are killing millions in order to save thousands.

People have the CHOICE to not drink, smoke, take drugs or commit suicide.

That is quite different than being exposed to and dying from a virus. No one chooses that.

That is quite different than being exposed to and dying from a virus. No one chooses that.
You do have a CHOICE. Stay in your house for the next 12-18 months if you so CHOOSE and hide. You dont have to go anywhere. Just because some of you Libbies want to shelter down and hide from the virus, doesn't mean that other people who want to work and move on with their lives have to do the same.

In a study of 1,200 hospitalized Covid-19 patients, 66 % were those who sheltered in place by staying at home. Governor Andrew Cuomo released that study the other day in his press briefing. That fact surprised him and almost everyone else.

Nursing homes accounted for 18 % and Assisted Living Homes accounted for 4 %

THAT’S 88 % from IN HOME CONFINEMENT.

Add in 1 % in jail and it jumps to 89 % !

THAT’S STAGGERING !

In the video, “Plandemic” which can be viewed at Plandemicovie.com, they also recommend going to beaches, parks, etc., etc.

That video has been censored by Google, Twitter, Facebook, etc., etc., but can be seen at plandemicmovie.com

Whether you agree or disagree with all of the content, it’s an informative and worthwhile watch.

Google even censored the process of trying to locate the video.

Ergo, one has to ask, what else is Google, UTube, Twitter and Facebook censoring in a variety of arenas ?

Last edited:
In a study of 1,200 hospitalized Covid-19 patients, 66 % were those who sheltered in place by staying at home. Governor Andrew Cuomo released that study the other day in his press briefing. That fact surprised him and almost everyone else.

In the video, “Plandemic” which can be viewed at Plandemicovie.com, they also recommend going to beaches, parks, etc., etc.

That video has been censored by Google, Twitter, Facebook, etc., etc., but can be seen at plandemicmovie.com

Whether you agree or disagree with all of the content, it’s an informative and worthwhile watch.

Google even censored the process of trying to locate the video.

Ergo, one has to ask, what else is Google, UTube, Twitter and Facebook censoring in a variety of arenas ?

and you believe those 66%?

and you believe those 66%?

When you add in 18 % in Nursing Homes, 4 % in Assisted Living Homes and 1 % in jail, plus the 66 % at home, for a total of 89 %, I believe those numbers.

I have no reason not to believe them.

So, I’ll ask you, what percentage of the 792 patients are lying ?

We are at the moment listening to Dr Fauci and other doctors, and their advice leaves us caught between the rock and the hard plate.
I did agree with them originally because
We had to flatten the curve as far as the shortages of hospital beds and the strain on the hospital staffs was overwhelming.
that Achieved, we had to get the most
Vulnerable people ( the elderly and ill people )
To SELF quarantine.
Then let the rest of the population had to go back
To work with the proviso that once a person is showing signs of the virus, he is given either the Malaria Drug ( Hydrox....)
Or the new drug Remdesivir .
In other words, we treat this virus just like
We would treat any other virus ( without a vaccine ) . We treat it with medication.
Also Doctors who have used the Malaria
Drug on patients with the Corona Virus have had great results.
To be forced into involuntary Lock ups
and shut downs when medications that work
Against the Virus are available is insane.
Creating a world wide depression will
Destroy the World Wide Economies.
Poverty, hunger, despair,homelessness,
Etc. are a lot worse than any virus,
Yes we should take cautions, wear masks,
Social distance , be tested as tests become available. Work at home when possible, etc.
We could also keep restrictions on both international travel and immigration for as long as necessary until herd immunity is achieved.

I wish life was that simple. I have friends and extended family who stay “busy” to avoid harmful vices. What’s the old saying Idle time is the devils playground. I believe that to be a true statement. It’s good to stay busy and have a schedule.

Reactions: rgc7
We are at the moment listening to Dr Fauci and other doctors, and their advice leaves us caught between the rock and the hard plate.
We had to flatten the curve as far as the shortages of hospital beds and the strain on the hospital staffs was overwhelming.
To SELF quarantine.
To work with the proviso that once a person is showing signs of the virus, he is given either the Malaria Drug ( Hydrox....)
We would treat any other virus ( without a vaccine ) . We treat it with medication.
Social distance , be tested as tests become available. Work at home when possible, etc.
We could also keep restrictions on both international travel and immigration for as long as necessary until herd immunity is achieved.

That read a bit like a TS Eliot poem.

To SELF quarantine.
Unfortunately we are being controlled by idiots that don’t understand economic ramifications leading to extreme health ramifications. They blow off people stating facts while listening to doctors that do not follow facts. They’re being brainwashed by a liberal media that ignores the bigger problem, the coming economic crisis. They bash anyone and silence anyone that states facts. Most of the people on the fence about an all out rebellion are going to jump if this goes on much longer. You can rely on good people to sacrifice only so long. Once those you’re sacrificing for start destroying your own family you start to fight back.

It’s a delicate balance.

We need to achieve “herd immunity” while at the same time protecting the high risk pool.

The longer we shelter in place the longer it will take to achieve “herd immunity” which in turn will lead to more deaths.

Reactions: rgc7
It does make us look soft and so addicted to our cushy lives that we can't stand even the slightest privation -- even if by accepting it, we increase our chances of surviving.

This is how societies lose it.

4-4-3

checking you, everyone doing well?

4-4-3

checking you, everyone doing well?

Hanging in, pal. Minus some hiccups.

Son got into a scuffle in a Brooklyn elevator with two guys who tried to push their way in, ignoring the one family per ride rule. Luckily, he was wearing a mask and a visor as was his girlfriend.

The good news is son and his girlfriend -- tough Latin girl from the Bronx -- fought off the two hooligans. But there were threats and a lot of spittle flying, so I told him to get tested and to stay out of Brooklyn -- her place -- and go back to Manhattan -- his.

Meanwhile, I wish to go into Manhattan to see 5 doctors, my dentist and my barber. Easy, right? Except that it's causing my wife major anxiety. So, she's not too happy, right now.

Still, my plan is to go in after the 4th, take care of business and be back out of town before mid-August when, word has it, a second wave could start brewing, assuming there is one.

How are YOU doing? And the folks around you?

I'm not participating much in the jousting going on here as I don't wish to engage in a war of SPECULATION. But I'm watching very closely and have my own view of what's ahead.

Stay safe!

Hanging in, pal. Minus some hiccups.

Son got into a scuffle in a Brooklyn elevator with two guys who tried to push their way in, ignoring the one family per ride rule. Luckily, he was wearing a mask and a visor as was his girlfriend.

The good news is son and his girlfriend -- tough Latin girl from the Bronx -- fought off the two hooligans. But there were threats and a lot of spittle flying, so I told him to get tested and to stay out of Brooklyn -- her place -- and go back to Manhattan -- his.

Meanwhile, I wish to go into Manhattan to see 5 doctors, my dentist and my barber. Easy, right? Except that it's causing my wife major anxiety. So, she's not too happy, right now.

Still, my plan is to go in after the 4th, take care of business and be back out of town before mid-August when, word has it, a second wave could start brewing, assuming there is one.

How are YOU doing? And the folks around you?

I'm not participating much in the jousting going on here as I don't wish to engage in a war of SPECULATION. But I'm watching very closely and have my own view of what's ahead.

Stay safe!

Well, trying to deal with day-to-day under the new lifestyles.
Glad to hear you guys are holding your own.
My med providers are pretty good at limiting threats. Stay in the car, go right in with Dr. or tech; when done- run! Do not stop at the front desk...(they have my CC#, lol)

I am not sure if the attitudes and banter here are reflective of the attitudes of the general pop. We do have some loose wing nuts here!

These are really crazy times, made more so by the me me me’s and an ‘ ‘entitlement generation.

It is like living in a world that is a cross between Idiocracy and The Fifth Element.

Best to you and yours!

Well, trying to deal with day-to-day under the new lifestyles.
Glad to hear you guys are holding your own.
My med providers are pretty good at limiting threats. Stay in the car, go right in with Dr. or tech; when done- run! Do not stop at the front desk...(they have my CC#, lol)

I am not sure if the attitudes and banter here are reflective of the attitudes of the general pop. We do have some loose wing nuts here!

These are really crazy times, made more so by the me me me’s and an ‘ ‘entitlement generation.

It is like living in a world that is a cross between Idiocracy and The Fifth Element.

Best to you and yours!

Glad to hear you're coping as well. Common sense is the key.

I think what happens is that extreme circumstances elicit extreme responses. People get anxious, worked up and feel if they can somehow be right and control the narrative, they can also control the outcome.

In some cases, it's a form of BEAT THE REAPER. At other times, it's a push for a preferred outcome. When in fact, what will be will be.

There are two possible endgames, right? A vaccine or herd immunity. The latter, of course, doesn't thrill me.

Everything that occurs in the meantime is, for me, secondary. Other than anyone in my family or I GETTING SICK.

For those who do get sick, this thing CAN BE A BEAR, including organ damage and lingering long-term effects.

But, then, how do we get herd immunity if most of us don't get sick? Unless, of course, the majority of infections are asymptomatic and we're closer to the mark than we realize.

Assuming that it works that way, which I'm unqualified to say.

Reactions: d1042
4-4-3

a bit back I sent you a link to utube vlog called MedCram
You should check out update 97. ‘An once of prevention....‘
Add NAC and Quercetin with D.
Stay well, best wishes to you n family.

4-4-3

a bit back I sent you a link to utube vlog called MedCram
You should check out update 97. ‘An once of prevention....‘
Add NAC and Quercetin with D.
Stay well, best wishes to you n family.

Thanks for this good information. I will check it out.

Spent 8 of 16 days in the ER, doctors' offices or labs getting tested for lung, heart and kidney issues. So far, no game-changing bad news. During that stint, also tested negative twice for COVID and negative for antibodies.

Only immediate issue is a low red blood cell count. Will see internist regarding that on Wednesday, followed by an echocardiogram on Friday. May need to start eating meat again to cure the anemia.

Wife is fine but my son is going in for surgery re his fibromyalgia.
Nothing major but no surgery is fun. Plus, it's a painful condition he has.

Hope you and your family are well as well and thanks for the good wishes.

Current positive test rate in New York City for COVID is 1%. It needs to stay there.

Thanks for this good information. I will check it out.

Spent 8 of 16 days in the ER, doctors' offices or labs getting tested for lung, heart and kidney issues. So far, no game-changing bad news. During that stint, also tested negative twice for COVID and negative for antibodies.

Only immediate issue is a low red blood cell count. Will see internist regarding that on Wednesday, followed by an echocardiogram on Friday. May need to start eating meat again to cure the anemia.

Wife is fine but my son is going in for surgery re his fibromyalgia.
Nothing major but no surgery is fun. Plus, it's a painful condition he has.

Hope you and your family are well as well and thanks for the good wishes.

Current positive test rate in New York City for COVID is 1%. It needs to stay there.

then
those 3 supplements would seem very wise additions to your heath regime!
I have added them to mine. I never knew the power of D!

then
those 3 supplements would seem very wise additions to your heath regime!
I have added them to mine. I never knew the power of D!

Yes, D, they say, is VERY IMPORTANT. I've been taking it.

With this thing, the only sane approach is BELT & SUSPENDERS.

Yes, D, they say, is VERY IMPORTANT. I've been taking it.

With this thing, the only sane approach is BELT & SUSPENDERS.

the Dr. does a whole episode on NAC, it is another important nutrient, esp for the respiratory & circulatory/cardio systems.

I added it with the other 2 and so far tolerating them w/o issue.

this is great source of information:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

You can see the virus recently heading south and to the middle states--devastating, then stabilizing, and finally improving. You can also see the testing and/or treatment improve (Florida has same number of cases as NY but 1/6 of the deaths). You can see the national deaths peaking as Arizona, California, Florida, South Carolina, and Texas peaked. At long last, Sunday was down, Monday much better, and today good so far. Any way, its one of several places one might go to see for themselves how we are doing.

Reactions: francade
the Dr. does a whole episode on NAC, it is another important nutrient, esp for the respiratory & circulatory/cardio systems.

I added it with the other 2 and so far tolerating them w/o issue.

Got it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT