ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Mike Tyson

At 40, I could still dunk a volleyball. At 57, my mind Imagined that I could still dunk, but I was lucky to touch the bottom of the net. At 74 I simply know better. Tyson thinks he can still fight but probably has 60 seconds of swarming offense left in him. I think he better use it in the first round and hope for a quick knock out.
You be surprised with all the science that goes into working out and peptides.
For what it's worth at 240 lbs I can still bench 315lbs at 63 yrs old but I'm now taking on a program through V Shred, and TUT (time under tension) is no joke. Not to mention drinking a gallon of water a day (I took from the 75Hard plan) is not as easy as it sounds
When I first started I felt like PeeWee Herman lol

You be surprised with all the science that goes into working out and peptides.
For what it's worth at 240 lbs I can still bench 315lbs at 63 yrs old but I'm now taking on a program through V Shred, and TUT (time under tension) is no joke. Not to mention drinking a gallon of water a day (I took from the 75Hard plan) is not as easy as it sounds
When I first started I felt like PeeWee Herman lol
Alright. What does 'V Shred' tell you that you didn't know in the last 63 years?

Alright. What does 'V Shred' tell you that you didn't know in the last 63 years?
There is no short answer, but this is what i know
The secret to staying physically fit is to not get comfortable in a routine.
My father had me lifting in grade school. So it would be easy to just fall into routine at such a young age and get bored with it. So I became accustomed to changing things up and that 63 there's been alot a programs in my life.

What did it tell me that I didn't know?
The science to it
TUT (time under tension) for one thing, and the proper ways of doing it.
The cardo program was challenging with battle ropes that worked muscles in a completely different way
That cutting carbs are bad and the harm of cutting them out causing your body to do exactly the opposite, so the diet (which it's not) program is a nice change up.
This is a small answer to a complex question
To want to challenge yourself is a gift and the only secret to youth I know of.

Last edited:
The great American philosopher, Groucho Marx, knew what the secret to youth was.

His philosophy was that you were only as old as the woman you feel !
Words to live by ! 😜

Reactions: deadirishpoet
There is no short answer, but this is what i know
The secret to staying physically fit is to not get comfortable in a routine.
My father had me lifting in grade school. So it would be easy to just fall into routine at such a young age and get bored with it. So I became accustomed to changing things up and that 63 there's been alot a programs in my life.

What did it tell me that I didn't know?
The science to it
TUT (time under tension) for one thing, and the proper ways of doing it.
The cardo program was challenging with battle ropes that worked muscles in a completely different way
That cutting carbs are bad and the harm of cutting them out causing your body to do exactly the opposite, so the diet (which it's not) program is a nice change up.
This is a small answer to a complex question
To want to challenge yourself is a gift and the only secret to youth I know of.
Hmm. I clicked through V-Shred and got to his promotional video. It was actually too long for me on a work day but I did like his explanation of hormone and metabolism. As expected it was targeted toward the average man trying to lose fat. Almost no one has a program for skinny men who do not normally gain muscle. Let us know how it works out for you.

Hmm. I clicked through V-Shred and got to his promotional video. It was actually too long for me on a work day but I did like his explanation of hormone and metabolism. As expected it was targeted toward the average man trying to lose fat. Almost no one has a program for skinny men who do not normally gain muscle. Let us know how it works out for you.
l will, and his team keeps you informed weekly. There are alot of videos out there putting it down as a scam, but there are thousands of positive testimonials, but I've always believed for the most part you get what you put into it, and discipline is key.
I don't purchase any of the supplements from their website, I have been using sermorelin, and athletic greens for a couple years though
Say what you want about Terrell Owen's, but he was the fisrt person I've heard talk about the "science of fitness", and how to get different food groups to work together

Last edited:
Reactions: tbonesays
l will, and his team keeps you informed weekly. There are alot of videos out there putting it down as a scam, but there are thousands of positive testimonials, but I've always believed for the most part you get what you put into it, and discipline is key.
I don't purchase any of the supplements from their website, I have been using sermorelin, and athletic greens for a couple years though
Say what you want about Terrell Owen's, but he was the fisrt person I've heard talk about the "science of fitness", and how to get different food groups to work together
The key to longevity is picking the right grandparents

To answer the question of weight gain there are peptides that help with this.
Not to get to personal but if you have an overactive thyroid it's an uphill battle to not only keep weight on, but to gain muscle mass

To answer the question of weight gain there are peptides that help with this.
Not to get to personal but if you have an overactive thyroid it's an uphill battle to not only keep weight on, but to gain muscle mass
I'm not a woman but I hit a few of them on a 'hyper thyroid' search. Seems like a very broad category.

Jim Fixx always comes to mind when discussing longevity and exercising, etc…. Gene’s seem to win out about 80% of the time.
I remember when he died and thought the irony of it
I completely agreed with your post though being a friend to your body helps

I remember when he died and thought the irony of it
I completely agreed with your post though being a friend to your body helps
No doubt. I take a ton of meds for blood pressure and circulation and lipids, etc… all issues my dad had as well. But he was overweight and ate a lot of red meat and fried foods and baked treats typical of his generation. I’m at a good weight, exercise daily, eat proper portions and rarely eat red meats or fried foods, etc… and yet I have the same diseases or conditions he had. I believe being good to my body will serve me well as I move into my late 70’s and 80’s, but I’ll know for sure sooner than later. 🤔

No doubt. I take a ton of meds for blood pressure and circulation and lipids, etc… all issues my dad had as well. But he was overweight and ate a lot of red meat and fried foods and baked treats typical of his generation. I’m at a good weight, exercise daily, eat proper portions and rarely eat red meats or fried foods, etc… and yet I have the same diseases or conditions he had. I believe being good to my body will serve me well as I move into my late 70’s and 80’s, but I’ll know for sure sooner than later. 🤔
A number of physicians have told me that keeping your weight under control is critical
and that retaining a very active social network and remaining active physically and mentally is critical to longevity.

There is nothing you can do about your DNA

Reactions: Telx1
I'll say a prayer for you brother keep fighting the good fight.
On a side note I eat alot of red meat mostly venison, and alot of trout/walleye that i catch There's articles saying MNRA is being injected into meat
I wish I had green thumb, but with spring around the corner there's alot of farmers market, and you can still barter out here.

I'll say a prayer for you brother keep fighting the good fight.
On a side note I eat alot of red meat mostly venison, and alot of trout/walleye that i catch There's articles saying MNRA is being injected into meat
I wish I had green thumb, but with spring around the corner there's alot of farmers market, and you can still barter out here.
Hey DIP….no prayers needed, I’m well and enjoying life. Just meant to give personal perspective to the dominant role our genes play in our longevity. Appreciate your thoughtfulness! Friends go fishing in Alaska every summer and I get thirty pounds of halibut and that much or more salmon from them that fills my freezer. Love halibut above all!

Hey DIP….no prayers needed, I’m well and enjoying life. Just meant to give personal perspective to the dominant role our genes play in our longevity. Appreciate your thoughtfulness! Friends go fishing in Alaska every summer and I get thirty pounds of halibut and that much or more salmon from them that fills my freezer. Love halibut above all!
I love halibut too.
I meant nothing by prayers other than I am trying to pay it forward.

On a Tyson note:
Doctor Stephen Hughes, a senior lecturer in medicine at Anglia Ruskin University, has explained why Tyson's previous battle with alcoholism could put him at risk of a tearing of veins in the brain. "The immediate effects may be minimal; the boxer may simply recover. But on some occasions, the effects may be devastating," Hughes wro"A subdural haematoma can occur. In this condition, shearing forces cause tearing of bridging veins between the brain and blood vessels within the brain coverings, or meninges. Bleeding from these torn veins causes a collection of blood that presses on the brain. This causes confusion, loss of consciousness, neurological disability and, in some cases, death.

"In older people, the brain tends to lose volume. This lengthens the bridging veins and makes them more vulnerable to rupture. Alcoholism is known to accelerate brain shrinkage, and it appears that Tyson has this as a past risk factor. Shearing forces on the brain cause injury to neurons (brain cells)."te for The Conversationist.

I love halibut too.
I meant nothing by prayers other than I am trying to pay it forward.

On a Tyson note:
Doctor Stephen Hughes, a senior lecturer in medicine at Anglia Ruskin University, has explained why Tyson's previous battle with alcoholism could put him at risk of a tearing of veins in the brain. "The immediate effects may be minimal; the boxer may simply recover. But on some occasions, the effects may be devastating," Hughes wro"A subdural haematoma can occur. In this condition, shearing forces cause tearing of bridging veins between the brain and blood vessels within the brain coverings, or meninges. Bleeding from these torn veins causes a collection of blood that presses on the brain. This causes confusion, loss of consciousness, neurological disability and, in some cases, death.

"In older people, the brain tends to lose volume. This lengthens the bridging veins and makes them more vulnerable to rupture. Alcoholism is known to accelerate brain shrinkage, and it appears that Tyson has this as a past risk factor. Shearing forces on the brain cause injury to neurons (brain cells)."te for The Conversationist.
Is that stroke?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT