ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Mike Tyson

Foreman never fought Leon Spinks or Larry Holmes.

Tyson never fought Leon Spinks. He fought Michael, who was a real light heavyweight (and a good one) but not a real heavyweight. And Tyson beat up an old Holmes

Foreman knocked out Joe Frazier twice and knocked out Kenny Norton

Tyson was a bully (and a damn good one) but if you can take his punch and fight back, he would fold. Buster gave the blue print. And then Holyfield and Lewis embarrassed him
You do know your boxing

Holmes beat Spinks&Ali. Tyson beat Holmes. I was making fun of the transitive property in dealing with old boxers past their prime.

My karate teacher at ND said that Tyson knocked people out with a pressure point combo from the chest and head. And that Tyson had trouble when opponents wouldn't let him get to their ribs. I have no idea if it's true. I would have rather seen Tyson fight a very technical boxer from the past more than learning who was the better mauler.
Cus literally taught Tyson to foucus on those points as stated in his book My Life with Cus D'Amato

Holmes beat Spinks&Ali. Tyson beat Holmes. I was making fun of the transitive property in dealing with old boxers past their prime.

My karate teacher at ND said that Tyson knocked people out with a pressure point combo from the chest and head. And that Tyson had trouble when opponents wouldn't let him get to their ribs. I have no idea if it's true. I would have rather seen Tyson fight a very technical boxer from the past more than learning who was the better mauler.
Tyson was a pretty savvy fighter, and not just a brawler

He was technically sound

Tyson and Robin Givens
Samson and Delilah

Last edited:
Its entertainment
Yea,I know. I saw Foreman’s first fight coming out of retirement at 38 in Sacramento, and it was depressing seeing this fat lethargic guy stand in the middle of the ring against a no name journeyman. Foreman threw occasional round house body punches and knocked the guy out after a few rounds. I was pretty sure his return was going to be very short lived. I was wrong.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Tyson doesn't win this fight if he wants to. Your acting like it's a given if he wanted to. It's not

He's old and shot. And Paul is young and active
It’s against Paul, he’s not good

Age hurts Tyson but this is over in one minute if Tyson is incentivized to win

It’s against Paul, he’s not good

Age hurts Tyson but this is over in one minute if Tyson is incentivized to win
That's total nonsense.

Tyson will be 58 and is in nowhere near the form he needs to be. He was shot as a fighter 19 years ago

Paul is not a bad fighter. He is 31 years younger and very active and a hard worker. He beats Tyson if hes smart for 2 rounds.

Paul is the favorite and should be

Then don't open the thread.
One of your typical go to posts. My post isn’t criticizing the discussion or the topic, but rather surprise there is interest in the fight itself.

If Tyson won I’d be very happy. I won’t pay a dime to watch this shit though. Boxing is a laughing stock. An embarrassed sport of YouTubers that could never be pro in anything else. Tyson is nearly a senior citizen. While he looks good for nearly 60, the human body loses bone and muscle mass every year beginning at age 40. He is going to get gassed and clobbered by a meat head tool bag that wouldn’t last 1:00 in a real fight against someone 50 lbs lighter like McGregor. If he faced someone his actual size in mma, like Jon Jones, he would legit die. He’s just boxing old men and never boxers. And stupid ass people pay to watch.

If Tyson won I’d be very happy. I won’t pay a dime to watch this shit though. Boxing is a laughing stock. An embarrassed sport of YouTubers that could never be pro in anything else. Tyson is nearly a senior citizen. While he looks good for nearly 60, the human body loses bone and muscle mass every year beginning at age 40. He is going to get gassed and clobbered by a meat head tool bag that wouldn’t last 1:00 in a real fight against someone 50 lbs lighter like McGregor. If he faced someone his actual size in mma, like Jon Jones, he would legit die. He’s just boxing old men and never boxers. And stupid ass people pay to watch.
He'd destroy McGregor in a boxing match

He would get killed in mma because he's not a mma fighter nor does he train in mma so that is a silly point

He'd destroy McGregor in a boxing match

He would get killed in mma because he's not a mma fighter nor does he train in mma so that is a silly point
Destroy? Idk mcGregor hung with Floyd and he’s not a boxer.

You can’t make a dumb point to refute a dumb point.

He’d die in mma bc those are real pro athletes, his age, competing in weight classes, and it takes multiple disciplines. The big three being: amateur wrestling, muay thai, and bjj. Boxing is a dying sport. Not the talent it used to have. Those guys are in mma now.

So yes, it’s a dumb point bc mma is as close to a legal fight as it gets in sports. Boxing is one discipline, and probably near the bottom of the hierarchy of what makes a good fighter.

Last edited:

He’d die in mma bc those are real pro athletes competing in weight classes. Boxing is a dying sport. Not the talent it used to have. Those guys are in mma now.
And Jake Paul has destroyed every mma fighter he has fought in a boxing ring.

Hed die in mma because he's not a trained mma fighter. That's just a silly point. No shit he would get killed, he's not trained in mma. Just stupid point

Jake paul is 45 pounds heavier than Mayweather. Conor is also older and not as good as he was then. Mayweather also took it easy on him and Mayweather was old then

And Jake Paul has destroyed every mma fighter he has fought in a boxing ring.

Hed die in mma because he's not a trained mma fighter. That's just a silly point. No shit he would get killed, he's not trained in mma. Just stupid point

Jake paul is 45 pounds heavier than Mayweather. Conor is also older and not as good as he was then. Mayweather also took it easy on him and Mayweather was old then
1. Boxing is NOT a fight.
2. NONE of those mma fighters were boxers. Askren is known as the worst striker in UFC history.
3. Boxing isn’t really even a form of mma. It’s important to box, or shadow box for warmups and such, but more so how to throw hands and elbows in close contact and while grappling. Muay Thai is closer to mma striking.

Joe Rogan had a list somewhere or on his podcast for most disciplines ever awarded UFC titles. Essentially, where they started and which they excelled at to the highest degree before entering the cage. Overwhelmingly wrestling and BJJ were at the top. That confirms a couple things. First, fighting is often always grappling/wrestling unless it’s a calculated low percentage knockout, >90% of fights find their way to the ground. Second, boxing blows.

1. Amateur wrestling
2. BJJ
3. Must Thai

Last edited:
It’s crazy that most of you think Tyson will kill him at age 58…I’m wondering if most of you are young guys that don’t understand what age does to the body or older guys in denial.
I don't think he will kill him. I just don't believe he should be taken lightly.

1. Boxing is NOT a fight.
2. NONE of those mma fighters were boxers. Askren is known as the worst striker in UFC history.
3. Boxing isn’t really even a form of mma. It’s important to box, or shadow box for warmups and such, but more so how to throw hands and elbows in close contact and while grappling. Muay Thai is closer to mma striking.
1. Boxing is a fight

2. He knocked out Woodley and Askren. And beat and knocked down Nate Diaz and Anderson Silva. I didn't say they were boxers. Although Silva started out as a boxer before mma. Then he beat a professional voice before he dough Paul

3. Everyone in mma trains somewhat in boxing. And who cares. You said McGregor could beat him but those 4 couldn't.

1. Boxing is a fight

2. He knocked out Woodley and Askren. And beat and knocked down Nate Diaz and Anderson Silva. I didn't say they were boxers. Although Silva started out as a boxer before mma. Then he beat a professional voice before he dough Paul

3. Everyone in mma trains somewhat in boxing. And who cares. You said McGregor could beat him but those 4 couldn't.
No. Boxing is NOT a fight. It’s as much a fight OR LESS as BJJ. In BJJ you get someone in a choke or a hold and they tap or they die. Nobody calls BJJ a fight though bc those involved aren’t ignorant.

punching with gloves on is as much a fight as summo wrestlers throwing one another or a sideline collision and a push after the play. The word fighting is more nuanced. But a true “fight” involves multiple disciplines.

No. Boxing is NOT a fight. It’s as much a fight OR LESS as BJJ. In BJJ you get someone in a choke or a hold and they tap or they die. Nobody calls BJJ a fight though bc those involved aren’t ignorant.

punching with gloves on is as much a fight as summo wrestlers throwing one another or a sideline collision and a push after the play. The word fighting is more nuanced.
I dont care what you think is a fight or isn't

I think it's a fight. You don't.

Who cares

I dont care what you think is a fight or isn't

I think it's a fight. You don't.

Who cares
I care. Stating it’s a fight leads many idiots like yourself to believe he’s accomplished something. It is like saying Jon Jones lost wrestling matches in high school so therefore those kids were better fighters. Or BJ Penn lost a BJJ match to some local idiot so therefore he’s a lesser fighter.

It’s NOT a fight. Not to mention there’s most certainly an element of rigged and staged to this baloney.

I care. Stating it’s a fight leads many idiots like yourself to believe he’s accomplished something. It is like saying Jon Jones lost wrestling matches in high school so therefore those kids were better fighters. Or BJ Penn lost a BJJ match to some local idiot so therefore he’s a lesser fighter.

It’s NOT a fight. Not to mention there’s most certainly an element of rigged and staged to this baloney.
Oh winning a boxing match is definitely a fight and a huge accomplishment

He's beaten 2 professional fighters, 4 mma fighters, a professional basketball player and he just started boxing a few years ago.

Definitely a fight. Definitely a huge accomplishment

I remember him knocking Woodleys lights out cold. I bet you Woodley thinks it was a fight after getting his ass knocked out

What he's accomplished is damn impressive

You are so full of cramp. Foreman was never better than Tyson. You can’t be serious. Tyson by many people consider him to be the second greatest heavyweight champ of all time.

Foreman better then Tyson is just plan dumb.
Lol Foreman in his prime was one of the greatest fighters of all time. If i were betting both in their prime im taking Foreman. Frazier was similar to Tyson and Foreman destroyed him.

Reactions: Golson5
Oh winning a boxing match is definitely a fight and a huge accomplishment

He's beaten 2 professional fighters, 4 mma fighters, a professional basketball player and he just started boxing a few years ago.

Definitely a fight. Definitely a huge accomplishment

I remember him knocking Woodleys lights out cold. I bet you Woodley thinks it was a fight after getting his ass knocked out

What he's accomplished is damn impressive
Huh? lol. It’s an entirely different sport. You’re laughable. A pro basketball player and an mma fighter that only won fights because he was such a good wrestler that he’d choke people out after avoiding punches, but refused literally refused to learn striking and had ZERO career KO’s? Let me guess, it would be a huge accomplishment if he beats Tiger Woods next.

Huh? lol. It’s an entirely different sport. You’re laughable. A pro basketball player and an mma fighter that only won fights because he was such a good wrestler that he’d choke people out after avoiding punches, but refused literally refused to learn striking and had ZERO career KO’s? Let me guess, it would be a huge accomplishment if he beats Tiger Woods next.
Beating 4 mma fighters, a professional basketball player, and 2 professional boxers for a guy that has only been fighting for a few years is EXTREMELY IMPRESSIVE

Those guys beat the shit out of 99% of the population

Normal people get their ass beat by a professional athlete. These guys are skilled, athletic, tough and physically fit

He was a Youtuber years ago

That is RIDICULOUSLY IMPRESSIVE

Anyone who doesn't think so is a hater and a true idiot

And this basically describes you so it's understandable

Beating 4 mma fighters, a professional basketball player, and 2 professional boxers for a guy that has only been fighting for a few years is EXTREMELY IMPRESSIVE

Normal people get their ass beat by a professional athlete. These guys are skilled, athletic, tough and physically fit

It’s basketball, the worlds sissiest sport. It’s also mma fighters not allowed to wrestle. Smoke some more crack.

Maybe he can box up Dale E Jr or Taylor Swift next. 😂😂

It’s basketball, the worlds sissiest sport. It’s also mma fighters not allowed to wrestle. Smoke some more crack.

Maybe he can box up Dale E Jr or Taylor Swift next. 😂😂
When your life is so sad that you have to talk about about others because you are so pathetic

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just embarrassing for you 🤣

Lol Foreman in his prime was one of the greatest fighters of all time. If i were betting both in their prime im taking Foreman. Frazier was similar to Tyson and Foreman destroyed him.
Tyson was a student of the art of boxing, not just some brawler, he was mentored by one of the best.

It’s hard to know who would win, certain styles fit other styles and other styles present a problem, matchups, like in many sports often determine outcomes.

Surprisingly,, once I heard about it, I became interested in the fight

😂🤪😂🤪
BREAKING -- Jake Paul will face 57-year-old Mike Tyson in a live boxing event on Netflix on July 20th. However, before that fight can take place, Jake must first defeat Glass Joe, Von Kaiser, Don Flamenco, Piston Honda, Great Tiger, King Hippo, Bald Bull, Soda Popinski, Mr. Sandman, and Super Macho Man in separate fights.

😂🤪😂🤪
BREAKING -- Jake Paul will face 57-year-old Mike Tyson in a live boxing event on Netflix on July 20th. However, before that fight can take place, Jake must first defeat Glass Joe, Von Kaiser, Don Flamenco, Piston Honda, Great Tiger, King Hippo, Bald Bull, Soda Popinski, Mr. Sandman, and Super Macho Man in separate fights.

Great game. One of my favorites

Reactions: NDinNJ
Then don't open the thread.

punching with gloves on is as much a fight as summo wrestlers throwing one another or a sideline collision and a push after the play. The word fighting is more nuanced. But a true “fight” involves multiple disciplines.
I enjoy boxing more than UFC or any other ‘fights’ but do agree. If you ever been in a real fight including all elements: wrestling, kicking, choking, ya boxing is not in the same atmosphere. It’s an artistic fight! There’s a reason YouTubers, dudes at 58, retired athletes try boxing- if they were to get in a real fight, they’d be dead.

One of your typical go to posts. My post isn’t criticizing the discussion or the topic, but rather surprise there is interest in the fight itself.
Yea what a NARP. If he didn’t like his comment, why did he respond? Same rationale

I enjoy boxing more than UFC or any other ‘fights’ but do agree. If you ever been in a real fight including all elements: wrestling, kicking, choking, ya boxing is not in the same atmosphere. It’s an artistic fight! There’s a reason YouTubers, dudes at 58, retired athletes try boxing- if they were to get in a real fight, they’d be dead.
Mike Tyson was a street fighter before he became a skilled boxer and he continued to have street fights when he was boxing professionally

Seriously? Nobody that’s 57 can fight.
At 40, I could still dunk a volleyball. At 57, my mind Imagined that I could still dunk, but I was lucky to touch the bottom of the net. At 74 I simply know better. Tyson thinks he can still fight but probably has 60 seconds of swarming offense left in him. I think he better use it in the first round and hope for a quick knock out.

At 40, I could still dunk a volleyball. At 57, my mind Imagined that I could still dunk, but I was lucky to touch the bottom of the net. At 74 I simply know better. Tyson thinks he can still fight but probably has 60 seconds of swarming offense left in him. I think he better use it in the first round and hope for a quick knock out.
Father Time is undefeated !

Did you watch his one man show, produced by Spike Lee.
He was surprisingly good
Yes I did, but if you listen to his interview with Joe Rogan (3+)hrs it was quite impressive with all the novels he's read and applied to life

Last edited:

I agree.
To go from the stunts he did on youtube to being a serious fighter is quite impressive.
Joe Rogan went from laugh at him to respecting him
Here's an 8 min click that earned him alot of respect:

He’d die in mma bc those are real pro athletes, his age, competing in weight classes, and it takes multiple disciplines. The big three being: amateur wrestling, muay thai, and bjj. Boxing is a dying sport. Not the talent it used to have. Those guys are in mma now.

So yes, it’s a dumb point bc mma is as close to a legal fight as it gets in sports. Boxing is one discipline, and probably near the bottom of the hierarchy of what makes a good fighter.
Yes he did

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT