ADVERTISEMENT

WOW !!! we suck.

ignatiusjk

Shakes Down The Thunder
Sep 5, 2004
Watching today's game I felt like I was watching a high school football game.FOUR !!!! off side penalties,unbelievably bad tackling and missed tackles poor kick coverage etc.I don't know how we got this bad.If the players on that field today are blue chip recruits then God help us.I watched the Ohio St game highlights and saw a COMPLETELY different team. I almost hope we don't play anyone with any talent in a bowl game because it would be an debacle.For every good play we seem to have two bad plays.We were lucky we were playing Syracuse.Like I said we suck.

Reactions: ndhell
We really do. I can't believe how badly we suck. I expected a significant falloff from last year, given all the starters we lost -- and that was before Robinson quit, Jones flunked out, Max got caught with a loaded piece, and Butler went crazy on the cops. But this is just remarkably bad.

I'm watching Michigan against Wisconsin right now, and while I'd love to see Wisconsin win, its a bit like rooting for the rabbit against a python. Both sides have hard-hitting fundamentally sound teams. We have a bunch of soft, undisciplined, entitled losers.

Glad to see many 1st year players on the field . Some of them looked pretty good. D.Hayes, Vaughn , Love ,Bonner ( red shirt) etc .Should help the defense this season

What I see is this team reminds me of the Bob Davie/Willingham teams.Unbelievably bad basics.Can you imagine what the score would be if we played a Mich,Ohio St or God forbid Alabama.Kelly would be fired after any one of those games.

the defense still needs work but showed signs of improvement but the offense is really good and can be as good as any in the country if they start running the ball a little better

Reactions: perseverare
Watching today's game I felt like I was watching a high school football game.FOUR !!!! off side penalties,unbelievably bad tackling and missed tackles poor kick coverage etc.I don't know how we got this bad.If the players on that field today are blue chip recruits then God help us.I watched the Ohio St game highlights and saw a COMPLETELY different team. I almost hope we don't play anyone with any talent in a bowl game because it would be an debacle.For every good play we seem to have two bad plays.We were lucky we were playing Syracuse.Like I said we suck.
Legit

the defense still needs work but showed signs of improvement but the offense is really good and can be as good as any in the country if they start running the ball a little better

Outside of Morgan, and maybe Rochelle, I don't think there is anyone on our current defense who could start for either Michigan or Wisconsin. I know, I know, we had higher recruiting ratings. First, some of those players are gone and second, ratings lie.

Fire Kelly

We really do. I can't believe how badly we suck. I expected a significant falloff from last year, given all the starters we lost -- and that was before Robinson quit, Jones flunked out, Max got caught with a loaded piece, and Butler went crazy on the cops. But this is just remarkably bad.

I'm watching Michigan against Wisconsin right now, and while I'd love to see Wisconsin win, its a bit like rooting for the rabbit against a python. Both sides have hard-hitting fundamentally sound teams. We have a bunch of soft, undisciplined, entitled losers.

Amazingly, Kelly and Swarbrick wanted to and have arranged a return rivalry with UM................what a joke - now that Kelly is fielding all his RKGs, UM will have a bigger challenge vs Middle Tennessee State!

I honestly think the Cuse offense could not have scored any quicker if there was not any defense on the field at all. Kelly needs to go. ND has 1 sack all year so go to a 3 man rush. WTF?

I honestly think the Cuse offense could not have scored any quicker if there was not any defense on the field at all. Kelly needs to go. ND has 1 sack all year so go to a 3 man rush. WTF?

At least they mixed it up a bit in the second half and held Syracuse to one late TD.

The offense today only worked because it was up against a so so Syracuse defense.Put this offense up against a Michigan team and it's a whole different story. Then we'll be asking what happened to our offense.This team is average at best and Stanford and maybe Miami will prove that.

The offense today only worked because it was up against a so so Syracuse defense.Put this offense up against a Michigan team and it's a whole different story. Then we'll be asking what happened to our offense.This team is average at best and Stanford and maybe Miami will prove that.

Not to mention Navy and USC as well as everyone else on the schedule.

I really don't know what ball games your watching ignatiusjk but your not watching our irish play. our irish have a QB that will be taken in the top two rounds who has a lot of really good skill players around him like 6-4 st.brown who is going to be a matchup nightmare for any defense going forward because of his hands and good speed for his size and then you got sanders who can catch a five yarder and take for long gains against most teams including the Michigan whores. dexter Williams also showed really good speed today on that fifty plus yd td

Reactions: LH24ND
jmo:
a better defense also makes an offense better. Not sure how much better the ND O can be, since they are scoring in bunches.

While the staff is focusing on the OL and the defense, can someone please take Mr Yoon aside and tell him that he has to start hitting on these makeable FGs? It cost us vs Duke and it will again before the season is over. It's uncanny how many fails this team has going on at one time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT