ADVERTISEMENT

Winbush

Really happy for him as well, and I hope he has a great season. Not quite enough accuracy passing the football to run the spread offense against good defenses, but I hope he has a good season nonetheless.

I just don't want this be a situation where we have fans acting like we should've kept Wimbush everytime he has a good game. There is a HUGE difference between the competition Notre Dame plays and UCF. Either way, happy for him and I think he'll have a big year.

Really happy for him as well, and I hope he has a great season. Not quite enough accuracy passing the football to run the spread offense against good defenses, but I hope he has a good season nonetheless.

I just don't want this be a situation where we have fans acting like we should've kept Wimbush everytime he has a good game. There is a HUGE difference between the competition Notre Dame plays and UCF. Either way, happy for him and I think he'll have a big year.
JH is a good coach.

Reactions: rgc7
Don’t know much about him, but developing QBs better than Brian Kelly is far from a difficult feat.
JH is exceptional at using plays that the QB can really thrive running.

Now think about that statement.

That should be what every coach does but sadly that isn't the case.

Arrogance, stubbornness...whatever but there are a lot more coaches that don't modify anything or much at all no matter the personnel.

JH will get more out of Brandon Wimbush than BK did.

JH was a very pedestrian QB at OU but an incredibly cerebral one.

Tommy Rees may share some similarities if he can get off being just the QB coach.

If Long keeps calling those amazingly stupid series of plays at times Rees should be handed the God damn headset on the spot.

Just sayin

They played against Florida a&m and he barely completed over 50 percent of his passes
Considering it was his first game...
New team...
Opening week....

How many interceptions? Zero
Over 50 percent? Yes

That's a great first start Brandon Wimbush considering some of his stat lines playing with teammates and a system of multiple years under Brian Kelly.

He will never be very accurate but if JH can harness those times when BW says fukc it...he actually does stop and say fukc it during the play (LOL) and throws the ball up for grabs....if he can keep him from doing that he's already made a lot of progress.

Considering it was his first game...
New team...
Opening week....

How many interceptions? Zero
Over 50 percent? Yes

That's a great first start Brandon Wimbush considering some of his stat lines playing with teammates and a system of multiple years under Brian Kelly.

He will never be very accurate but if JH can harness those times when BW says fukc it...he actually does stop and say fukc it during the play (LOL) and throws the ball up for grabs....if he can keep him from doing that he's already made a lot of progress.
LOL.... Are you joking or being serious? Hopefully joking.

Hes playing an FCS team that went 6 and 5 last year. And lost 59 to 7 against Troy and by 14 to Bethune Cookman. They are atrocious. This was a scrimmage game for UCF and Brandon and he threw 12 for 23. 52 percent.

52 percent is terrible and then when you add into it who they played its just awful. He was better against a top 20 Michigan defense last year in his opening game. Not freaking Famu. Hes probably wishing he had Kelly's coaching because it looks like he went backwards under JH.

And I love Brandon and hope he does very well. But to say he was better against that competition with 52 percent completion is asinine

LOL.... Are you joking or being serious? Hopefully joking.

Hes playing an FCS team that went 6 and 5 last year. And lost 59 to 7 against Troy and by 14 to Bethune Cookman. They are atrocious. This was a scrimmage game for UCF and Brandon and he threw 12 for 23. 52 percent.

52 percent is terrible and then when you add into it who they played its just awful. He was better against a top 20 Michigan defense last year in his opening game. Not freaking Famu. Hes probably wishing he had Kelly's coaching because it looks like he went backwards under JH.

And I love Brandon and hope he does very well. But to say he was better against that competition with 52 percent completion is asinine
You've absolutely zero idea the way the world works with sport.

At least the intricate details of it.

Brandon Wimbush is NOT an accurate passer.

Let me say it in a different way for you. Brandon Wimbush WITHOUT any competition is not an accurate passer.

And I'll say it a third way in Layman's terms so you can really get a handle on this....

BRANDON WIMBUSH IS NOT AN ACCURATE PASSER.

He can play against Division III Washington and Jefferson or the 85 Bears...
BW has many throws without duress that go to the feet, sail over head, behind or too far forward.

2017 vs Miami of Ohio he went a sparkling 38%
How about the gem against the Stanford Cardinal where he threw an amazing 39%

But hold the phone ...against the future NCAA runner up University of Georgia he went exactly 50% with no turnovers.

Against The best defense we faced until Clemson...
Michigan..he goes 55%

Against a 4-6 FSU team with many people out and in disarray he goes 48% with two interceptions.

I can't polarize it any better for you than that.

The opponent matters NOTHING.

It's BW accuracy deficiencies. Period!

He went 50 percent with no turnovers and hasn't played a meaning snap since that FSU game.

He did pretty good considering his track record under Brian Kelly.

Wimbush may buck the trend of ND transfers being flops!

If his head is clear, and coaches utilize him properly he can be dynamic.

Always great to get football analysis from Beavis. :eek:
The irony is palpable, no argument so you go straight to name calling. How old are you 15? By the way how's your buddy Van Gorder?

Or better yet, tell me a qb that actually got better after playing in his system. 1 QB drafted in 9 years at Notre Dame? A QB that actually regressed his 2nd season as a starter under Kelly.

In terms of QB development,

Everyone > Brian Kelly

Let me say it in a different way for you. Brandon Wimbush WITHOUT any competition is not an accurate passer.

And I'll say it a third way in Layman's terms so you can really get a handle on this....

BW has many throws without duress that go to the feet, sail over head, behind or too far forward.

But hold the phone ...against the future NCAA runner up University of Georgia he went exactly 50% with no turnovers.

Michigan..he goes 55%

Against a 4-6 FSU team with many people out and in disarray he goes 48% with two interceptions.

He went 50 percent with no turnovers and hasn't played a meaning snap since that FSU game.

wasn't he 12-3 as a starter for the irish ? that's pretty good.

The irony is palpable, no argument so you go straight to name calling. How old are you 15? By the way how's your buddy Van Gorder?

Or better yet, tell me a qb that actually got better after playing in his system. 1 QB drafted in 9 years at Notre Dame? A QB that actually regressed his 2nd season as a starter under Kelly.

In terms of QB development,

Everyone > Brian Kelly
please tell me what other QB under Kelly had NFL tools other than Kizer ?

Isn't his job to recruit and develop? If he's not recruiting QBs with NFL tools wouldn't that be his fault is well?

I mean he gets plenty of 4*+ recruits at the QB position. He's had more that regressed and transferred out than he's had actually make the NFL. QB development has been a thorn in his side since he got to Notre Dame, hopefully Book changes that this year.

Isn't his job to recruit and develop? If he's not recruiting QBs with NFL tools wouldn't that be his fault is well?

I mean he gets plenty of 4*+ recruits at the QB position. He's had more that regressed and transferred out than he's had actually make the NFL. QB development has been a thorn in his side since he got to Notre Dame, hopefully Book changes that this year.
I agree on the recruiting part. you still didn't answer the question.

Reactions: jcswoopnh
I agree on the recruiting part. you still didn't answer the question.
Idk "NFL tools" have changed a lot the last few years with shorter guys like Russell Wilson and Baker Mayfield having success in the NFL. I mean the top pick in last year's draft was a 5"7 QB.

I do think that is the coaches job while at a major program with high expectations, to recruit and develop NFL level QBs. You absolutely have to in order to win at the highest level.

Ian Book definitely has talent, so does Jurkovic, hopefully Kelly proves me wrong this year.

Reactions: echowaker
Heupel still playing with Frost's guys

What we learned last night is that UCF is 60 points better than an FCS MEAC Program.

I knew that before Breakfast

Clausen had the mental talent, but he lacked the size/maybe arm strength, for the NFL.
(pleeese, the Eddie LeBaron and Drew Brees’s are extreme rarities)

Hardly pedestrian ... just sayin

Heupel was the Heisman Trophy runner-up in 2000. He was also an All-American, the AP Player of the Year, and a Walter Camp Award winner. Heupel led the Sooners to an undefeated season and a national championship with a victory over Florida State in the 2001 Orange Bowl.[8][9]

The Sooners were very good that year. Not favored early in some games particularly against Kansas State.

Just like many players before and after...team success always boosts individual players.

He wasn't an extraordinarily talented individual however.

Not a very strong arm.

Very smart.

Michigan..he goes 55%

What did he do better than considering his track record under BK. He was 12 and 3 as a starter I believe so he won under BK. His pass completion actually went down against a far inferior opponent than he ever played at ND. How did he do better considering his track record under Kelly... your words. He was less accurate against worse comp. And he had better games at ND than that trash game. Your BK hate never takes a rest. I honestly think you have a thing for the guy. No one can be this obsessed with another man.

What did he do better than considering his track record under BK. He was 12 and 3 as a starter I believe so he won under BK. His pass completion actually went down against a far inferior opponent than he ever played at ND. How did he do better considering his track record under Kelly... your words. He was less accurate against worse comp. And he had better games at ND than that trash game. Your BK hate never takes a rest. I honestly think you have a thing for the guy. No one can be this obsessed with another man.
I showed you exactly HTF Brandon Wimbush is as a player.

You have a comprehension problem.

For the 5th and final time

R
E
A
D
Y???

Brandon Wimbush stats are literally impervious to the competition.

Why?

R
E
A
D
Y???

He's inaccurate. With all the time in the world to throw and a wide open player he's...

Once more...

R
E
A
D
Y??

INACCURATE!!!!!

Echoing one final time...

Wimbush has had his higher completion percentages against some of the better competition. He's also had some if his lowest completion percentages against bad competition.

BK sucks at having anything to do with the QB position but this is about Mr. Wimbush and good luck and fortune for him his last season.

They played against Florida a&m and he barely completed over 50 percent of his passes

That's what Wimbush has always been - a 50% passer. He's not very accurate. His strengths are his running and playmaking ability and a strong arm. The ideal offense for him IMO would be a run-focused spread, like Oregon used to run in their heyday. Not sure if UCF runs that. Good luck to him.

That's what Wimbush has always been - a 50% passer. He's not very accurate. His strengths are his running and playmaking ability and a strong arm. The ideal offense for him IMO would be a run-focused spread, like Oregon used to run in their heyday. Not sure if UCF runs that. Good luck to him.
I totally agree

Reactions: mbd11
I showed you exactly HTF Brandon Wimbush is as a player.

You have a comprehension problem.

For the 5th and final time

R
E
A
D
Y???

Brandon Wimbush stats are literally impervious to the competition.

Why?

R
E
A
D
Y???

He's inaccurate. With all the time in the world to throw and a wide open player he's...

Once more...

R
E
A
D
Y??

INACCURATE!!!!!

Echoing one final time...

Wimbush has had his higher completion percentages against some of the better competition. He's also had some if his lowest completion percentages against bad competition.

BK sucks at having anything to do with the QB position but this is about Mr. Wimbush and good luck and fortune for him his last season.
For The Final Time

You said he did better conisdering his track record under BK

So for the Final time WHAT did he do better against famu that showed you improvement from BK??? And what changed from his track record from his 15 previous starts

WHAT DID HE DO? You act like BK ruined him and he showed some great improvement. Where is it. What did he do

FINAL TIME....You got a thing for BK...

For The Final Time

You said he did better conisdering his track record under BK

So for the Final time WHAT did he do better against famu that showed you improvement from BK??? And what changed from his track record from his 15 previous starts

WHAT DID HE DO? You act like BK ruined him and he showed some great improvement. Where is it. What did he do

FINAL TIME....You got a thing for BK...

He looked more comfortable. And for him, that is a big deal. Talent is not the problem.

Reactions: rgc7 and 88ND
Just like many players before and after...team success always boosts individual players.

Very smart.

Or maybe individual players boost team success.

By your logic, if you sell more ice cream the temperature will rise.

He looked more comfortable. And for him, that is a big deal. Talent is not the problem.
I would hope so. No pressure whatsoever. Like playing 7 on 7. That was a scrimmage.

The freshman behind him went 9 for 11. And the 3rd string went 2 for 2.

I would hope so. No pressure whatsoever. Like playing 7 on 7. That was a scrimmage.

The freshman behind him went 9 for 11. And the 3rd string went 2 for 2.
You just do NOT get it.

Brandon Wimbush can do a skeleton drill...
Do you have any idea what that is??? If not then look it up.

Brandon Wimbush can do a skeleton drill and throw at 55 percent or 38 percent.

In other words with no opposition whatsoever he's INACCURATE.

Some of the tougher opponents we've played against he actually completed around 50 percent.

Some of the below average defenses we've faced he's thrown for around 38 percent.

What that means is the opponent no matter to him. Some days he's going to hit at 50 percent and rome days below that.

What's really bizarre in all this is your defense to the death of Brian Kelly and his handling of the QB position.

I'm not sure how you don't understand this but when it comes to the QB under Brian Kelly the performances are completely inexcusable.

That position all by itself has been the biggest roller coaster ride over the last decade and guess who's all intertwined with that specific position?

Your lord and savior, Brian Kelly.

When it comes to QB...even his defenders are extremely quiet on that subject. They know it's been a disaster.

Book?

To be continued.

Every QB has regressed in the second year under Kelly.

We shall see.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
You just do NOT get it.

Brandon Wimbush can do a skeleton drill...
Do you have any idea what that is??? If not then look it up.

Brandon Wimbush can do a skeleton drill and throw at 55 percent or 38 percent.

In other words with no opposition whatsoever he's INACCURATE.

Some of the tougher opponents we've played against he actually completed around 50 percent.

Some of the below average defenses we've faced he's thrown for around 38 percent.

What that means is the opponent no matter to him. Some days he's going to hit at 50 percent and rome days below that.

What's really bizarre in all this is your defense to the death of Brian Kelly and his handling of the QB position.

I'm not sure how you don't understand this but when it comes to the QB under Brian Kelly the performances are completely inexcusable.

That position all by itself has been the biggest roller coaster ride over the last decade and guess who's all intertwined with that specific position?

Your lord and savior, Brian Kelly.

When it comes to QB...even his defenders are extremely quiet on that subject. They know it's been a disaster.

Book?

To be continued.

Every QB has regressed in the second year under Kelly.

We shall see.
I didn't bring up every Qb that has played for BK. You did. I still haven't said a word about any of them. Good or bad. This thread was supposed to be about Brandon but of course you make it about your obsession with BK. It never ends. Every thread. You're obsessed.

Reactions: Riverside Irish
I didn't bring up every Qb that has played for BK. You did. I still haven't said a word about any of them. Good or bad. This thread was supposed to be about Brandon but of course you make it about your obsession with BK. It never ends. Every thread. You're obsessed.
It appears you're obsessed with me.

That's ok...they all love me.

Notice how when you defend Brian Kelly I say nothing to you. Matter of fact I don't even reply.

You...on the other hand when someone degrades your lord and savior, Brian Kelly, you go absolutely bat shit crazy like it's personally hurting your feelings.

Last but not least,
Defending Brandon Wimbush or any other QB under Brian Kelly is just indefensible.

The most important position on the team yet it's the one that is the least solid. Period.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT