ADVERTISEMENT

Who should it be?

TBone138

Irish Insider
Sep 14, 2014
It appears that BVG is done. So my question is this, who stands out as a difference maker at DC? Who should ND be asking to fill this role?

It appears that BVG is done. So my question is this, who stands out as a difference maker at DC? Who should ND be asking to fill this role?

BVG should be gone. According to Mike Frank (Irish Sports Daily), Kelly does not fire his coaches or coordinators - he let's them decide to leave (if and when they want to leave)!

IF this is true - about Kelly - looks like ND has once again hired the wrong head coach (unless of course the new ND standard is simply qualifying for a Bowl Game invitation).

Interesting question. Is the job of ND DC better than the job of HC at New Mexico? Bob Davie had some good years at A&M and ND but there might have been some burning of bridges when Coach Davie was dismissed.

I agree with this. Terrible head coach but good defensive coach. And he will attract big time recruits on that side of the ball.
No ****ing way.

Rex is fun kind of guy...

But he'd never demote himself to college ...

And given BVG spent time in and around Rex Ryan's staff I believe we need to go a different direction than this NFL themed thing.

There are plenty and I mean plenty of good hungry coaches out there who could make a dramatic positive increase.

Like...a ... traffic cone comes to mind .

Or any coach who demands we tackle properly...that alone would get our defense points allowed lowered. Just that by itself. Throw in let's say simple vanilla defenses where the players don't look so ridiculously confused...that in addition to tackling would help our points allowed.

Bob Davie
No thanks.

Bob Davie got his fame being a coordinator under R.C. Slocum..who was a stickler for fine details of the game.

Our defense under Davie..as coordinator or HC never got to the A&M level back in that day. A&M played tenacious hard nosed good tackling defense ..under Davie...and ultimately under Slocum. I believe Slocum was more the reason for that defense than was Davie.

Davie would be a huge upgrade over the paycheck stealing ****face BVG there now.

No thanks.

Bob Davie got his fame being a coordinator under R.C. Slocum..who was a stickler for fine details of the game.

Our defense under Davie..as coordinator or HC never got to the A&M level back in that day. A&M played tenacious hard nosed good tackling defense ..under Davie...and ultimately under Slocum. I believe Slocum was more the reason for that defense than was Davie.

Davie would be a huge upgrade over the paycheck stealing ****face BVG there now.
I was listening to South Bend radio and Davie had the best defensive stats out of any HC since his time in charge at ND .... Kelly's teams had the worst.

I was listening to South Bend radio and Davie had the best defensive stats out of any HC since his time in charge at ND .... Kelly's teams had the worst.
Oh I believe that ..and please know that anything including a paper clip, maybe even the mascot would be a gigantic upgrade over BVG.

I echo for the 100th time,

BVG is the absolute worst hire ever in ND history. It's not even close.

Oh I believe that ..and please know that anything including a paper clip, maybe even the mascot would be a gigantic upgrade over BVG.

I echo for the 100th time,

BVG is the absolute worst hire ever in ND history. It's not even close.

Go for hyperbole much? BVG a worse hire than Faust? A worse hire than Willingham? A worse hire than Weis? Nope.

Reactions: Bodizephax
Go for hyperbole much? BVG a worse hire than Faust? A worse hire than Willingham? A worse hire than Weis? Nope.
Yes he is. Period.
If you think otherwise I'm not sure what planet you're on...but just answer this one question please....

On the ND defense under BVG please tell me the players that progressed versus the ones who remained stagnate or regressed.

Yep..I've got nothing either ...but every player he's had only physically matured. They got no better from a technique point of view and fundamentals. Their impact more tines than not regresses.

He's pathetic and the worst coach in the country. He should be ashamed to even carry a title of coach.

He does each individual, fans, staff, alumni a complete disservice.

Yes he is. Period.
If you think otherwise I'm not sure what planet you're on...but just answer this one question please....

On the ND defense under BVG please tell me the players that progressed versus the ones who remained stagnate or regressed.

Yep..I've got nothing either ...but every player he's had only physically matured. They got no better from a technique point of view and fundamentals. Their impact more tines than not regresses.

He's pathetic and the worst coach in the country. He should be ashamed to even carry a title of coach.

He does each individual, fans, staff, alumni a complete disservice.

If you think that BVG was a worse hire than Faust and Willingham and Weis, you know zero about Notre Dame football. Zero.

If you think that BVG was a worse hire than Faust and Willingham and Weis, you know zero about Notre Dame football. Zero.
I know more about the sport than you my friend. This I assure you.

Just answer one question ..

Under the above four names of subject...
Answer one question.
Of those four, who had players improve and develop from early in career to the end. Or which coach did absolutely zero improvement of the players they had and in one particular case often leading to regression of said player.

Moreover you are talking about head coaches vs a d coordinator and that is fine because I stick to my stance. Just know this...under those other three coaches above every one including Weiss who often times didn't care about defense ,,, all had better defensive teams than the product BVG puts forth.

I've never seen a Notre Dame team tackle so badly, cover so poorly etc. These aren't because they aren't talented enough, but because the are in absolute no man's land on every play.

I don't know if you're relation to BVG or just want to be...I don't give a shit. He's terrible and this university should be ashamed of itself for allowing him to continue stealing his paycheck.

Reactions: IrishBlessings
If Derek Mason gets canned as HC at Vanderbilt, I'd consider him. Prior to Vandy, he was DC at Stanford. So he has a lot of experience dealing with programs with high academic requirements.

I know more about the sport than you my friend. This I assure you.

Just answer one question ..

Under the above four names of subject...
Answer one question.
Of those four, who had players improve and develop from early in career to the end. Or which coach did absolutely zero improvement of the players they had and in one particular case often leading to regression of said player.

Moreover you are talking about head coaches vs a d coordinator and that is fine because I stick to my stance. Just know this...under those other three coaches above every one including Weiss who often times didn't care about defense ,,, all had better defensive teams than the product BVG puts forth.

I've never seen a Notre Dame team tackle so badly, cover so poorly etc. These aren't because they aren't talented enough, but because the are in absolute no man's land on every play.

I don't know if you're relation to BVG or just want to be...I don't give a shit. He's terrible and this university should be ashamed of itself for allowing him to continue stealing his paycheck.

I don't disagree with your claim that BVG is a poor coach. But he is nowhere near as bad as Faust, Willingham or Weis. Not even close.

Reactions: Bodizephax
I hope everyone realizes that wherever BVG lands next will overnight field one of the greatest defenses in history. It's the Notre Dame jinx.

why does it have to be a man? If Hillary loses she might be considered? Or the lil girl from Game of Thrones?

I don't disagree with your claim that BVG is a poor coach. But he is nowhere near as bad as Faust, Willingham or Weis. Not even close.
You've yet to answer the one lone question I posed to you.
Weiss,
Faust,
Willingham.....
All had players that improved fro. year one to year 4. We can debate to how much they improved but make no mistake they had players improve. And we are talking about both sides of the ball some of each. Three were head coaches vs. Someone strictly devoted to only defense. Just one thing.

You absolutely can NOT say that with BVG any of his players improved from year 1 until year 3 & 4. Not one time.

But what we do see are many players come in very talented players right from high school....you can just tell they are good. They make things happen.

By year 3&4 those players are empty jerseys.
How in the **** could that be.

Our defensive players don't just stay stagnate but in most of their cases they regress from their high school days. This is a very true and disturbing fact.

Worst hire ever. Period.

You've yet to answer the one lone question I posed to you.
Weiss,
Faust,
Willingham.....
All had players that improved fro. year one to year 4. We can debate to how much they improved but make no mistake they had players improve. And we are talking about both sides of the ball some of each. Three were head coaches vs. Someone strictly devoted to only defense. Just one thing.

You absolutely can NOT say that with BVG any of his players improved from year 1 until year 3 & 4. Not one time.

But what we do see are many players come in very talented players right from high school....you can just tell they are good. They make things happen.

By year 3&4 those players are empty jerseys.
How in the **** could that be.

Our defensive players don't just stay stagnate but in most of their cases they regress from their high school days. This is a very true and disturbing fact.

Worst hire ever. Period.

Do you not grasp the concept that a head coach can screw up a team much more than any defensive coordinator or offensive coordinator can?

If Derek Mason gets canned as HC at Vanderbilt, I'd consider him. Prior to Vandy, he was DC at Stanford. So he has a lot of experience dealing with programs with high academic requirements.

Didn't he go off on ND shortly after getting hired to Vandy? Other than that, I'd be OK with that. His teams usually play pretty stout D.

Didn't he go off on ND shortly after getting hired to Vandy? Other than that, I'd be OK with that. His teams usually play pretty stout D.

I had not heard that. I did a quick Google search and couldn't find anything. But you may be right.

Intriguing prospect for the DC position. However, not sure it'd be a good hire if he runs the 3-4. That'd likely mean a change in recruiting philosophy and having to play players out of position for 2-3 years.

Do you not grasp the concept that a head coach can screw up a team much more than any defensive coordinator or offensive coordinator can?
And you still avoid the ONE lone question I posed to you. Still avoiding it.

I was going to suggest coach Diaco, but he has UConn 2-1 early with a narrow loss to Navy in the fourth quarter

You ignore the obvious. You know zero about football. Zero.
Still avoiding the question. Why? You want to play an immature kids game here and say no you are...nuh, uh...you are....Wtfe.

I asked you one question and you've done nothing but bypass it. I'm trying to have a friendly debate with you and ask you a question and you want to turn this into a pissing contest about which lousy coach was the worst. Seriously....just answer my question please.

Thanks.

Still avoiding the question. Why? You want to play an immature kids game here and say no you are...nuh, uh...you are....Wtfe.

I asked you one question and you've done nothing but bypass it. I'm trying to have a friendly debate with you and ask you a question and you want to turn this into a pissing contest about which lousy coach was the worst. Seriously....just answer my question please.

Thanks.

Your question is irrelevant to any analysis of the issue. It's like blaming the hitting coach instead of the manager. It's like blaming the secretary of the interior instead of the president. Don't you understand how things work?

Your question is irrelevant to any analysis of the issue. It's like blaming the hitting coach instead of the manager. It's like blaming the secretary of the interior instead of the president. Don't you understand how things work?
Still not answering it. What is so overly difficult for you to answer this. ?

The irrelevant part of this is why you think xyz is worse than me thinking q is worse. We can debate that forever.

I still don't understand why you refuse to answer the one question. It wasn't a difficult one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT