ADVERTISEMENT

Who ever created this year's schedule?

hoopsstar12

Posts Like A Champion
Jan 16, 2008
Should have been smart enough to give us an extra week off before the USC game. The Clemson game is well hyped and we should go in strong but to face USC at the end of a rigorous 1st half of the year was not well thought out.
I think maybe if we flip flopped Wake Forest and Navy it would have helped but to think 3 physical games in a row the next 3 weeks well it is National Championship time in October.

That is the problem with being an independent...you need to fit certain teams in at specific times of the year which may not always work in your favor.

hoopsstar, I completely get where you are coming from with the sked. That said, ND has gotten spanked by SC when they have a week off the last few years. I am glad ND does not have a bye this year before SC. What you say is good but I am superstitious in a way, I suppose.

Last year there was no week off before we were crushed. The year before we beat them on our turf. I don't count the years when Willingham and Weis coached.

Remember 2011 ? ND was undefeated and had a bye before the USC game. USC was struggling after a big loss to ASU, and Kelly flew to California to be a guest of Lou Holtz who was broadcasting the USC/Cal game during ND"s bye week. Lou was predicting a national championship. Kelly was not disagreeing. ND was a double digit favorite and ND had the largest number or recruits in their history attending the game, since they assumed it would be a resounding victory.

The result of the game? USC won by two TD's and was inside the 10 yard taking a knee on their final drive. They almost doubled ND's total offense.

....When a team is playing well, sometimes a bye week is the last thing they need.

ND controls which opponents they play. Not always when they play them. Has always been the demon of the indy schedule.

ND beats Clemson and the Navy game will be much easier .

ND beats Clemson and the Navy game will be much easier .
Navy will not be much of a game this year. Our offense is the strongest it's been in a decade. We have a track team at all skill positions on offense.
Navy will utilize a swing pass to their fullback to see if ND made an adjustment to the coverage of that play.

Reactions: Pennick4
having already played Ga Tech should help against Navy also. the fear for me is the week after the navy game has been a historically bad week for the irish. need to make it through the week healthy

Remember 2011 ? ND was undefeated and had a bye before the USC game. USC was struggling after a big loss to ASU, and Kelly flew to California to be a guest of Lou Holtz who was broadcasting the USC/Cal game during ND"s bye week. Lou was predicting a national championship. Kelly was not disagreeing. ND was a double digit favorite and ND had the largest number or recruits in their history attending the game, since they assumed it would be a resounding victory.

The result of the game? USC won by two TD's and was inside the 10 yard taking a knee on their final drive. They almost doubled ND's total offense.

....When a team is playing well, sometimes a bye week is the last thing they need.

Is this an alternate universe where we crushed USF and they called the Michigan game off at the end of the 3rd Quarter?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT