ADVERTISEMENT

Season reflection!

GDFan

ND Expert
Jan 2, 2015
Not where we wanted to be. Last night TO’s and the D killed us. Not great play calling in the first half. We played against the probable heisman winner last night and we only helped the cause. My top 5 weaknesses and needed fixes for next year.

1. Pyne is limited in terms of physical traits. May be a great kid but just lacks skill, arm strength. Need a change.
2. Offensive play calling needs to be better, a lot better. Players need to be used. Estime is the best back but isn’t utilized as he should.
3. Team is inconsistent. You run the ball against a good Clemson front, but struggle against USC, 2nd half Navy etc.
4.Tackling!!
5.we have them in the wind but need the LB to be speedy and get into backfield. Liafau blitzes 90% of time but never get penetration.

Season grade C

3. Team is inconsistent. You run the ball against a good Clemson front, but struggle against USC, 2nd half Navy etc.
4.Tackling!!
Both USC and Navy angled their defensive linemen on the snap and the OL adjusted, but at times did not handle as well.

Reactions: rgc7
Not where we wanted to be. Last night TO’s and the D killed us. Not great play calling in the first half. We played against the probable heisman winner last night and we only helped the cause. My top 5 weaknesses and needed fixes for next year.

1. Pyne is limited in terms of physical traits. May be a great kid but just lacks skill, arm strength. Need a change.
2. Offensive play calling needs to be better, a lot better. Players need to be used. Estime is the best back but isn’t utilized as he should.
4.Tackling!!
5.we have them in the wind but need the LB to be speedy and get into backfield. Liafau blitzes 90% of time but never get penetration.

Season grade C
Two plays stand out. The late TD in first half. ND got flagged for a hold or PI along with a offsides. If it was just offsides maybe ND holds them to three. Also that ND fumble to start the second half was terrible. They were running the ball like you stated. I agree that ND needs that 5 star QB.

Reactions: GDFan and rgc7
ADVERTISEMENT