ADVERTISEMENT

Where is Jaylon Smith at on the depth chart

IowaIrish1

Posts Like A Champion
Gold Member
Jan 19, 2015
at CB or Safety? I'm half joking here, but he's actually looked like ND's best player in coverage. I really hope ND figures it out by USC. I know they lost this weekend and they aren't world beaters, but playing a team with a quality QB and WR's scares me to no end.

Great win by the way! On my wedding day made this even more special.

Reactions: HRC08
He looked decent in coverage, but he surprised me on how quick he wasn't when he picked up that fumble at like 25 with nothing but grass in front of him and was caught very quick.

He looked decent in coverage, but he surprised me on how quick he wasn't when he picked up that fumble at like 25 with nothing but grass in front of him and was caught very quick.
That was a back that caught him, and Jaylon had to slow down to pick up the ball.

Was at the game. TV does not do Jaylon justice, The guy looks like he has added 10 - 15 pounds from last year and he is a beast, a Awesome, freakish athlete.

Three more strides and he would have been gone.

If ND has anymore injuries to the safeties, Jaylon might have to be used like Urlacher was at New Mexico minus the punt returns and Kick off returns. The injury to Tranquil hurts, kid was looking like young athletic John Lynch. Hope he comes back healthy next season and ready take over lead the for the defense next year.

at CB or Safety? I'm half joking here, but he's actually looked like ND's best player in coverage. I really hope ND figures it out by USC. I know they lost this weekend and they aren't world beaters, but playing a team with a quality QB and WR's scares me to no end.

Great win by the way! On my wedding day made this even more special.

He is a very special talent and will go pro after this season... I think he is a top 15 pick and maybe higher depending on what teams need. I think also the fact he has been playing in BVG's defense will help him at the next level.

On another note, USC is still a great team and if anyone underestimates their ability is naive. The defenses play against GT really tells us little on how they are going to do against pro style offenses of USC and Clemson where our secondary and pass rush will get tested again. I am hoping they can play great against UMass so some backups can get time and it gives us a lot of momentum for the Clemson game and continue through USC. We really need the safeties and pass rush to improve or we could get lit up by both teams, much different offenses and with a lot of talent.

The only flaw in his game is taking on lineman. Maybe he'll get bigger when he goes to the next level. I really think he's going to wind up a hybrid LB safety. Plays so well in the open field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT