ADVERTISEMENT

Where are all the Riley critics?

I think he's being schemed around beautifully. And he's a totally capable QB, provided you don't ask him to sling the ball all over the field like he was Garrett Nussmeier. In which case your offense would bog down. His liabilities are severe enough, that you have no choice but to keep him on a pretty short leash in the passing game. But if you've got the savvy and the know how as an OC, he can still be a perfectly productive passer with the right play calls and 'concepts'. And right now things are going swimmingly.

He's become a big time dual threat. He's an elite runner. If the OL is healthy and right, then our run game is a real problem for opposing defenses.

Leonard has figured it out. The RBs are awesome. The D is a top 5 national unit. The young guys keep getting better. Freeman, Golden, and Denbrock have been fantastic.

We're gonna be a tough out.

Other than Georgia, Texas, and Oregon I think we can compete with anyone. And our defense could slow those teams down. Ohio State and Penn State have looked vulnerable. LSU looks good. Texas is only up 7 on Vandy.

Other than Georgia, Texas, and Oregon I think we can compete with anyone. And our defense could slow those teams down. Ohio State and Penn State have looked vulnerable. LSU looks good. Texas is only up 7 on Vandy.
If our D was fully healthy, then I think we'd have a shot at this thing. Losing Morrison, Botelho, and Traore is a lot to overcome.

Jagusah too. Ultimately, we might be a man short on the OL.

Reactions: christophero
If our D was fully healthy, then I think we'd have a shot at this thing. Losing Morrison, Botelho, and Traore is a lot to overcome.

Jagusah too. Ultimately, we might be a man short on the OL.
Yeah I think we could have had a real shot.

I think we will come up short because of Jagusah, Morrison and one of Traore/Botelho. If we had those 3 I think we had a real chance this year

Reactions: IrishMike409
Yeah I think we could have had a real shot.

I think we will come up short because of Jagusah, Morrison and one of Traore/Botelho. If we had those 3 I think we had a real chance this year
I agree. If a QB emerges, then I'm optimistic that we can be in the hunt next season.

Little by little the offense is slowly improving. November is where you make your money. Even though ND will be favored , each game will be a challenge. No game is an automatic win.

Last edited:
Little by little the offense is slowing improving. November is where you make your money. Even though ND will be favored , each game will be a challenge. No game is an automatic win.
Stop playing up this schedule like it's something it's not. USC's the only test they have left, and even that's questionable to call it a test because their defense is swiss cheese.

HE played his best game today
still not what you need as regards a QB to win a NC
Agree, he's played well in recent weeks, but let's not kid ourselves this schedule is turning out to be weaker than the 2021 schedule.

Stop playing up this schedule like it's something it's not. USC's the only test they have left, and even that's questionable to call it a test because their defense is swiss cheese.
Army's defense was ranked 11th in the country heading into today.

The schedule is not what it was thought to be. No disagreement from me. But this is also not a juggernaut ND team. They need to play fundamentally sound football to keep winning. Lots of starters are out as well. The margin for error for ND is small. I’m not sure what s up with FSU. But last time i checked, they still recruit pretty well. They have talent. We will see how ND handles them

Reactions: NDinNJ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT