ADVERTISEMENT

What a great win for you

beachcardinal

All Star
Jan 30, 2006
As I noted before the game Stanford was overrated and a 10-14 win was expected. But you guys shattered that. Stanford was overrated, but no pushover. A win of that magnitude is a sure sign you guys are for real. Hope to give you something to worry about when we play. I hope it. And I doubt it.

Anyway congratulations. Impressive win.

Thank you, it shows the importance of winning the line of scrimmage. When you do that on both sides you get the results we all saw Saturday night

As I noted before the game Stanford was overrated and a 10-14 win was expected. But you guys shattered that. Stanford was overrated, but no pushover. A win of that magnitude is a sure sign you guys are for real. Hope to give you something to worry about when we play. I hope it. And I doubt it.

Coach D posted this shortly after the game, which is a crazy stat:

“Stanford had gains of 45 yards (St. Brown pass), 39 yards (Love TD run), 31 yards (Parkinson pass) and 29 yards (Irwin pass). That's 144 yards on 4 plays.

On its other 47 plays Stanford had just 85 total yards. 1.8 yards per play on 47 plays. Ridiculous.

I mentioned earlier, but Stanford had just 31 yards in the second half.”

These 2nd half stats dont totally surprise me. Stanford had a tough battle against Oregon then had to travel away to South Bend. Lets see how we do against VT after tough physical Stanford game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelso86 and 88ND
These 2nd half stats dont totally surprise me. Standord had a tough battle against Oregon then had to travel away to South Bend. Lets see how we do against VT after tough physical Stanford game.
Don't think it was that tough and physical. ND manhandled them.

Reactions: Ara64

Teams with great athletes like USC are always capable of stepping up and beating us. Next week in Blacksburg won’t be a pushover and with USC being the rival that they are they will play lights out. A lot can happen by that game.

Reactions: 88ND and rgc7
The second half manhandling is a direct result of off season conditioning. I think it’s time we all send Balis a huge Thank You card.

Reactions: NDIRISH53
Thanks. Hopefully the team has put this win behind them and focus on Va Tech because playing in Blacksburg is not going to be a cakewalk.

Thanks. Hopefully the team has put this win behind them and focus on Va Tech because playing in Blacksburg is not going to be a cakewalk.

ND will be 100% focused on this game. They may not play well and may not win(i think we'll win) because vtech is solid and blacksburg is tough to play at night, but the team will be focused.

Let down games are coming though. Good coaching will be needed for Pitt, Northwestern, Syracuse. They all are teams that are easy to look over, and can sneak up on you. Although, Pitt might be just that bad they can't beat any good team.

ND will be 100% focused on this game. They may not play well and may not win(i think we'll win) because vtech is solid and blacksburg is tough to play at night, but the team will be focused.

Let down games are coming though. Good coaching will be needed for Pitt, Northwestern, Syracuse. They all are teams that are easy to look over, and can sneak up on you. Although, Pitt might be just that bad they can't beat any good team.
If this team is prepared for this game and the coaches do a good job there isn't any reason we shouldn't beat them, even in Blacksburgh.

ND is vastly superior and the only way they lose is if players and/or coaches are not prepared.

Pitt always seems to play us so tough. We got lucky against them in 12 with our two players with same number missed on their missed field goal.

Pitt game is scary. Syracuse just as much. It's their redemption game from the Clemson loss.

Pitt always seems to play us so tough. We got lucky against them in 12 with our two players with same number missed on their missed field goal.

Pitt game is scary. Syracuse just as much. It's their redemption game from the Clemson loss.

Honestly the only games I'm really worried about are VT and USC

The Arizona game was comical. Something like 18 penalties. Up 24-0 and a one legged QB almost led a comeback.

Fuentes is a good coach. I would not underestimate their offense. Their back up QB looked pretty good last week. And Bud Foster has that defensive reputation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT