ADVERTISEMENT

Great job to the coaching staff....especially Rees

88ND

I've posted how many times?
Sep 9, 2013
Great job by the coaching staff all the way around.

As much as I point out how bad Rees has been at times I've no problem in pointing out when he did a tremendous job.

Rees finally coached a game to win rather than calling plays scripted and robotic.
Perhaps a light bulb went on that let him know they don't ask how you win but rather if you win.
As in the victory itself supersedes how it happened.

He called a great game and finally understood you can get key first downs or scores with deceptive but highly effective running plays.

Often times less is more but first downs keep drives alive and touch downs still count as six points. Passing is exciting but dominating a team running the ball for 60 minutes is much more powerful for the psyche.

Last night Rees was on point and hopefully he now understands that Pyne can be effective with some deceptive running and some mid range passes. Trying to force Pyne to hit 300 yards passing each game is disastrous.
Know your identity and what you're really good at and roll with it.
He did that perfectly last night!!!

All coaches did a great job and congratulations on a huge dominating win

The staff had a good game plan and stuck to it. The defense played exceptionally well especially the secondary as well as several timely blitzes. Clemson had no answer on defense to handle the physicality of ND’s o-line even though they knew what was coming before the ball was being snapped. The rest of ND’s schedule should be just like last night, basically, ND just running over the opposition with power including USC’s 60th ranked under sized defense. On offense, the play tossing it out to Tyree worked every time being the defense was to busy trying to stop the run at some point in time it would be nice to get any form of passing attack being ND will and should get a NY1 day game. Special teams is insane.
If history repeats itself Navy will be a let down game. Let’s hope the staff does not let that happen

The staff had a good game plan and stuck to it. The defense played exceptionally well especially the secondary as well as several timely blitzes. Clemson had no answer on defense to handle the physicality of ND’s o-line even though they knew what was coming before the ball was being snapped. The rest of ND’s schedule should be just like last night, basically, ND just running over the opposition with power including USC’s 60th ranked under sized defense. On offense, the play tossing it out to Tyree worked every time being the defense was to busy trying to stop the run at some point in time it would be nice to get any form of passing attack being ND will and should get a NY1 day game. Special teams is insane.
If history repeats itself Navy will be a let down game. Let’s hope the staff does not let that happen
I always worry about injuries when playing Navy

Reactions: Bogie8870
ADVERTISEMENT