ADVERTISEMENT

Football Updates From Brian Kelly On Roster

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Lou was at the Kelly Cares Foundation Golf Outing and provided us with roster updates. Lou will have a full story later on.

(Lou was struggling with wifi connection so he called me to post these updates for him)

-- Everyone has reported and there are right now 86 guys on scholarship.

"I'm not going to commit to the 85 scholarships in terms of that nuance of words," Brian Kelly said. "They are on our active roster. We'll see how that kind of plays itself out."

-- Kelly said there's a pretty solid chance for movement on the roster.

-- He said for certain Shaun Crawford is back. There had been some rumors that he wasn't coming back.

-- Javon McKinley is active and had a good semester academically but has to do things right every single day.

-- On regarding rumors on Kevin Austin and whether he'll be available for the opener, Kelly said, "If he continues to do the things that we want him to do, I think we can at least have a conversation about it. We're not at that point yet."

-- Medically, Shaun Crawford, Donte Vaughn, Jack Kiser, and Drew White have all made pretty good progress. The main question mark remains center Trevor Ruhland, who is still having shoulder problems.

-- "That's going to evolve through summer and maybe even camp." -- Kelly on Ruhland

-- Captains will probably be selected at the end of summer school.

-- This spring, the team had its best GPA since the spring of 2011. The GPA was 3.007.

-- The players report back after summer school on Saturday, August 3. They will be at Culver from August 4-8.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News