ADVERTISEMENT

Under Armor extension?

The minds you need to change are Father Jenkins and the Board Of Trustees. And with most of CFB wearing Nike, follow the crowd has never been their mantra.
I’m fine with UA, I just like discussion.

The administration doesn’t care about what any of us thinks ! 😜

It's an opinion.

Ask Michael Jordan if Nike is superior.
Then the person stating their opinion should be able to support and defend their opinion when their opinion is challenged

Ask MJ if Nike is Superior to what ?

Nike wasn’t the sole manufacturer of the Chicago Bulls Jerseys during MJ’s playing career.
And MJ wasn’t the decision maker when it came to selecting the manufacturer the Bulls jerseys

Then the person stating their opinion should be able to support and defend their opinion when their opinion is challenged

Ask MJ if Nike is Superior to what ?

Nike wasn’t the sole manufacturer of the Chicago Bulls Jerseys during MJ’s playing career.
And MJ wasn’t the decision maker when it came to selecting the manufacturer the Bulls jerseys
Ask Michael Jordan, net worth 2.0 billion, if Nike is a superior apparel brand.

Ask Michael Jordan, net worth 2.0 billion, if Nike is a superior apparel brand.
I never thought that you were that stupid but you’ve proved me wrong.

Nike paid MJ about 1.5 Billion, so you think he’d name another brand ?

That just proves how stupid you are

Reactions: BGI User 756
Whoever offers the most money I'm fine with. As long as they use it to better the football program.

The only problem with UA is their cleats

Id prefer Nike but of UA wants to give big money, take it and use it for the athletic dept esp football
Yeah the under armor stuff has been great...minus the shoes ..

Can’t answer a simple question? I really don’t know what’s wrong with them?
Their shoes and cleats are junk. They arent comfortable and we've had a significant amount of foot injuries since being with UA. In surverys amongst athletes they are never in the top group of cleats that they prefer.

They feel like the old And1 shoes to me. Cheap and uncomfortable

Nike is woke. Have some morals.
You need confirmation of wokeness? Did you see the unnecessary response on the Supreme Court decision? Such embarrassing gobbleygook for alumni and supporters Just don’t say anything but if you do “at ND we follow and teach respect for achievement” would be powerful. But no. So the impact on selecting an apparel provider is evident. Or should be. But money can make the hypocritical reveal themself

Nike is a superior product and brand
It really is. There’s no doubt.

Just gotta decide how much you can tolerate the BS that Nike pushes/promotes.

Personally, it’s hard, but I tolerate it. The product is damn good.

Not sure ND would tolerate it.

I cant stand their woke nonsense. But they have the best gear and the athletes prefer it. ND is very woke itself so I dont see why they would have a problem with it

All you hear is safety first safety first. And Nike cleats are far superior to UA.

So they gotta suck it up and go with Nike imo

Reactions: IrishMike409
I cant stand their woke nonsense. But they have the best gear and the athletes prefer it. ND is very woke itself so I dont see why they would have a problem with it

All you hear is safety first safety first. And Nike cleats are far superior to UA.

So they gotta suck it up and go with Nike imo
But can you back up your claim Golson??

Agree here with everything. Nike is indeed the best. Zero question. That said, again, Father Jenkins and the Board Of Trustees joining the crowd, including the majority of CFB, and allowing Nike to attach itself to Notre Dame Football and athletics, I do not foresee happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: IrishMike409
And all UA has to do is make a better shoe!! Not rocket science... but for some reason they are making it seem that way! Nike definitely has a better shoe!

And all UA has to do is make a better shoe!! Not rocket science... but for some reason they are making it seem that way! Nike definitely has a better shoe!
When you say better shoe, do you mean functionally, or aesthetically, or both?

Functionally. Lot of complaints about their shoes from multiple sports
Is it that hard? The only shoe that really impressed me is the Hola running shoes, if I ever get around to spray painting over their wacko colors.

I’d say from both a buzz but perspective and a fan gear perspective they’ve been underwhelming and adidas is in position to pay more and is a more on trend brand. I’ve never been a fan of Nike and I would think ND should not be a “follower” in this space. I also can’t relate to jumpman on a football uniform, unless you are UNC
Only the yahoo report noted adidas and Nike offered less....

Functionally. Lot of complaints about their shoes from multiple sports
So this was true in the click clack days, but in like 2018 ish the supposedly hired a top Nike shoe designer and these issues had been resolved. I can't find any updated data, but I'm wondering if this is just them not being able to shake their original issues...even though that are in the past.

I'm pretty sure someone like you who is generally middle-class American trash in all respects, that a brand like UA would naturally appeal to you. UA's crude, comparatively inelegant aesthetic was probably developed with thugs like you in mind, now that you've brought it up.

It's not like Nike is that special, though the swoosh is a fairly compelling, even beautiful logo. And UA's shitty logo is sort of military/martial-looking. After all it started out as a football specific brand, so what would you expect. Shitty little undershirts, that's the humble origins of this truly garbage brand....
Garbage poster doesn't like UA. We get ya.

Reactions: Kelso86
I get you but UA is off brand for kids, they don’t want it, it’s old people stuff. Adidas, champion, Nike are popular.
I don't know about that
They make the best batting gloves around and their polo gear is top of the line

When I was a kid in the late '60s, early '70s, I loved Pumas. And always loved the story about how Puma and Adidas were owned by two feuding brothers.
Just like Aldi's and Trader Joes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT