ADVERTISEMENT

Ugly Wins

Shakin' Down the Thunder

Posts Like A Champion
Jul 10, 2012
We've seen a lot of them. But man this one takes the cake. Who knew on the GW drive Hartman and Estime combine via runs for like 45 yards and also convert on a 4th and 16 for the last 2 plays of that drive? Comical.

Last edited:
Who cares. The game is played on the field
Of course. I expected that answer form you. The game was played to where the sharps expected it to be played. Was I nervous going into the half 10-0? Yes, because the longer you leave an underdog in the game you will lose. Couple non calls and that horrible punt replay moving the ball from the 1 to the 25 didn't help. Hopefully the we get our Wr's back. The quickness of backers and DB's are off the charts. We actually have closing speed.

This game played out very much as I expected except I did not see a fake punt on our first possession.

Michael Floyd was the one who got hurt and was lost for the season
Ok but the Irish lost more than one. How many receivers were hurt when fFloyd went out?

If only one of the 4 were out and the other three played i imagine it would of been different.
I get the next a man in concept and they went in got experience and let's see where they are next week

Reactions: Kelso86
Ugly in the penalties. As much as the refs just blew some calls. Even spots where way off for ND vs Duke. Left foot and right foot. ND caused a ton of penalties on their own when it could have been a big play.

No doubt the receivers being out where an issue and they dropped some you gotta make.

In the end, like OSU, better teams find a way.

Reactions: HarlemIrish
Agree. But it shouldn't have been that close
Should not have been close -- but the depleted WR room took its toll last night. And, I think the effects of OSU were beginning to take their toll as well.

Merriweather better begin to play better -- he may end up getting passed up by incoming freshman

Reactions: BGI User 756
Of course. I expected that answer form you. The game was played to where the sharps expected it to be played. Was I nervous going into the half 10-0? Yes, because the longer you leave an underdog in the game you will lose. Couple non calls and that horrible punt replay moving the ball from the 1 to the 25 didn't help. Hopefully the we get our Wr's back. The quickness of backers and DB's are off the charts. We actually have closing speed.
Its seems the punt call was non reviewable, stands as called, how do you miss that?

Ok but the Irish lost more than one. How many receivers were hurt when fFloyd went out?

If only one of the 4 were out and the other three played i imagine it would of been different.
I get the next a man in concept and they went in got experience and let's see where they are next week
The point is that someone stepped up and played in Floyd’s place, that’s why you have a roster, to provide depth !

Now if you’re stating that the quality of the 2nd string WR’s is not very good, then I have to ask, why were they offered scholarships ?

And, ya gotta dance with who ya brung and that means that your game plan has to be adjusted based upon your available personnel

Then why are you offering them scholarships if they lack talent ?
You do understand there are levels of talent, no? You do understand that depth matters and is hard for 3 guys to play all night without a rotation, right?

We are hamstrung by injuries and poor recruiting by our previous wr coach.

All that being said, last night was not good enough and they should have been better

Reactions: jeans525
Two things. First it was a gutsy drive and when it really mattered your top players delivered.

Second, there were a few crucial plays on that drive. Evans , Hartman with 4th and 16. Then of course the Estimae TD. However none of that may have happened without the interference call at the start of the drive where ND went from the one to the sixteen yard line. That gave the Irish a boost and a real chance to get where they needed to go. Just my observation.

So you don’t recruit talented players, you recruit players with potential and then you develop them ?

Interesting concept.

Keep your day job
There are talented recruits who have a lot of potential that need a lot of development. Of course.

Braylon James being a great example. Freshman wr who is very athletic and very talented but very raw and needs time to develop

It's like you have never followed football in your life

So you don’t recruit talented players, you recruit players with potential and then you develop them ?

Interesting concept.

Keep your day job
At Notre Dame you recruit the student athletes.
These are the players the Irish have. Obviously yesterday game showed they got some growing to do. It was a start and the Irish won therefore they didn't completely hinder the win.
Is this some kind of Chinese Fire Drill

We've seen a lot of them. But man this one takes the cake. Who knew on the GW drive Hartman and Estime combine via runs for like 45 yards and also convert on a 4th and 16 for the last 2 plays of that drive? Comical.
Honestly, it's about time ND was on the winning side of one of these games. How many times was ND on the losing side of games like this in the past 20 years? Many.

Honestly, it's about time ND was on the winning side of one of these games. How many times was ND on the losing side of games like this in the past 20 years? Many.
I’ll second that with a big exclamation point ! Maybe just maybe winning a game like this on the road pays dividends in future games.

Reactions: NDinNJ
There are talented recruits who have a lot of potential that need a lot of development. Of course.

Braylon James being a great example. Freshman wr who is very athletic and very talented but very raw and needs time to develop

It's like you have never followed football in your life
If you recruit a player who needs “a lot of development” as you stated, you recruited the wrong player.

If they don’t have speed, hands, football IQ and route running skill, why would you recruit them ?

It’s like I’m at a far more advanced level than you !

Two things. First it was a gutsy drive and when it really mattered your top players delivered.

Second, there were a few crucial plays on that drive. Evans , Hartman with 4th and 16. Then of course the Estimae TD. However none of that may have happened without the interference call at the start of the drive where ND went from the one to the sixteen yard line. That gave the Irish a boost and a real chance to get where they needed to go. Just my observation.
Legit PI call. Defender damn near assaulted him on the hold

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT