ADVERTISEMENT

ND Offense

FightingIrish44

ND Expert
May 7, 2009
I think, overall, that this was a good performance. They had some long drives.

Drive 1: 14 plays. 8+ minutes. Hartman probably needs to dive for the first here. Such a close miss of the first down. He also could have potentially dumped the ball to Sherwood.

Drive 2: 6 plays. 3 first downs. 39 yards. Missed 47 yard FG.

Drive 3: 5 plays, 32 yards. Got the ball off of your 1 yard line and to your 33 yard line.

Drive 4: Take a knee. I think they should have tried to get a FG with 0:26 remaining and 2 TO’s but they didn’t try. So they really only had 3 drives.

2nd half

Drive 5: Gain 36 yards and fail a QB sneak. That play was very bad IMO. Hartman has previously taken his QB sneak outside rather than pushing through the Center. IMO, Estime should 1) know that Hartman is going outside. 2) Should be looking at Hartman’s back and be following it wherever it goes…meaning be ready to push him in the back to get the first down. Hartman goes around the left but Estime is kind of just coming forward and doing nothing. He should be ready to shove Hartman in the back.

Drive 6: 13 plays. Almost 8 minutes. TD

Drive 7: 12 plays. 6:25 or so. *96* yard TD drive. Amazing.

Drive 8: 5 plays. 2 first downs. Couple near misses on playcalls that could have been first downs.

I accidentally hit “post” before I was ready to submit so may have made some errors. Drives might be off by 1 or 2 plays.

The point is that ND moved the ball very well and that they didn’t have many possessions. They had two 4th and 1’s where the execution wasn’t very good and they should have gotten first downs. Long drives shortened the game.

I’m very encouraged by the offense. I think ND’s offense is elite.

Last edited:
I think, overall, that this was a good performance. They had some long drives.

Drive 1: 14 plays. 8+ minutes. Hartman probably needs to dive for the first here. Such a close miss of the first down. He also could have potentially dumped the ball to Sherwood.

Drive 2: 6 plays. 3 first downs. 39 yards. Missed 47 yard FG.

Drive 3: 5 plays, 32 yards. Got the ball off of your 1 yard line and to your 33 yard line.

Drive 4: Take a knee. I think they should have tried to get a FG with 0:26 remaining and 2 TO’s but they didn’t try. So they really only had 3 drives.

2nd half

Drive 5: Gain 36 yards and fail a QB sneak. That play was very bad IMO. Hartman has previously taken his QB sneak outside rather than pushing through the Center. IMO, Estime should 1) know that Hartman is going outside. 2) Should be looking at Hartman’s back and be following it wherever it goes…meaning be ready to push him in the back to get the first down. Hartman goes around the left but Estime is kind of just coming forward and doing nothing. He should be ready to shove Hartman in the back.

Drive 6: 13 plays. Almost 8 minutes. TD

Drive 7: 12 plays. 6:25 or so. *96* yard TD drive. Amazing.

Drive 8: 5 plays. 2 first downs. Couple near misses on playcalls that could have been first downs.

I accidentally hit “post” before I was ready to submit so may have made some errors. Drives might be off by 1 or 2 plays.

The point is that ND moved the ball very well and that they didn’t have many possessions. They had two 4th and 1’s where the execution wasn’t very good and they should have gotten first downs. Long drives shortened the game.

I’m very encouraged by the offense. I think ND’s offense is elite.
"Elite offense?" No. WR's aren't dynamic enough to be an elite offense.

That said, a very good offense to this point, and Gerad Parker; although he certainly can be questioned for his offense's execution in the last series against OSU, has been a good hire to this point..

Looks like we collected the wages of years of crying for neanderball runs between the tackle. No big scoring when we needed it.

• Haha
Reactions: notredamerises23
"Elite offense?" No. WR's aren't dynamic enough to be an elite offense.

That said, a very good offense to this point, and Gerad Parker; although he certainly can be questioned for his offense's execution in the last series against OSU, has been a good hire to this point..
Perhaps you’re right on the receivers. However they seem sure-handed and there should have been pass interference on the one Thomas fade route. Perhaps the one on the Flores pass too although that one wasn’t as obvious. Merriweather got the call on his and had his guy badly beat.

With a good QB, that makes ND’s receivers a little better.

Ohio State got incredibly lucky on those last two play calls.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT