ADVERTISEMENT

Ugh… Ivan Taylor visiting Alabama?

Yes he is on a visit. And twitter has pics of him on campus apparently officially, which likely means he is not considered committed to Notre Dame at this point.

Reactions: edub72
Verbals are just that. I don't blame any kid for taking their allotted official visits. They owe it to themselves to do their due diligence. How sure of anything were any of us at that age ? I was never a fan of the verbal commitment.

Verbals are just that. I don't blame any kid for taking their allotted official visits. They owe it to themselves to do their due diligence. How sure of anything were any of us at that age ? I was never a fan of the verbal commitment.
Thanks.

He has a free choice to do so. If it is an official visit, and 1 of his 5 allowable, it is his choice.

But, ND also has choices as well --
Exactly. Many times kids who verbal somewhere get nudged to go elsewhere because a perceived better player showed interest. Door swings both ways.

It doesn't mean we will stop recruiting him, just means he likely is no longer a commit.

In case where they guy is being over recruited they usually just stop recruiting him...like Terry. This isn't one of those cases, I'd expect ND to be after him until he does something officially saying they are out

It doesn't mean we will stop recruiting him, just means he likely is no longer a commit.

In case where they guy is being over recruited they usually just stop recruiting him...like Terry. This isn't one of those cases, I'd expect ND to be after him until he does something officially saying they are out
Absolutely. ND still goes hard after kids who have given a verbal commitment elsewhere too as they should. It's the nature of the business.

Absolutely. ND still goes hard after kids who have given a verbal commitment elsewhere too as they should. It's the nature of the business.
What evidence do you have of this?

When is the last time we flipped a top 100 recruit from the SEC or the BIG10 to ND?

What evidence do you have of this?

When is the last time we flipped a top 100 recruit from the SEC or the BIG10 to ND?
Freeman era:

Kelly Era:

Reactions: BGI User 756
Freeman era:

Kelly Era:
Why you bother to respond is part of the problem.

Know the clientele.

Jmo. But I don’t think Deboer is as good of a recruiter as Saban was. Not too worried as of now.

Jmo. But I don’t think Deboer is as good of a recruiter as Saban was. Not too worried as of now.
No one is as good of a recruiter as Saban but he seems to be a very good recruiter. But he wouldn't be visiting Alabama for Deboer. I'm sure it has much more to do with the safeties coach, DC and the history of Bama

No one is as good of a recruiter as Saban but he seems to be a very good recruiter. But he wouldn't be visiting Alabama for Deboer. I'm sure it has much more to do with the safeties coach, DC and the history of Bama
with Saban no longer there, Alabama is not going to get what they got before unless their new coach shines nearly as bright and that is exceedingly doubtful. So actually their history might be a mixed blessing.

with Saban no longer there, Alabama is not going to get what they got before unless their new coach shines nearly as bright and that is exceedingly doubtful. So actually their history might be a mixed blessing.
He kept the class together last year and added a few and they had an elite class last year. Also, have started very well this year. They will be more than fine in bringing in players

Reactions: sjb75
He kept the class together last year and added a few and they had an elite class last year. Also, have started very well this year. They will be more than fine in bringing in players
Agree. They won't win 6 titles in the next 15 years like Saban did; however, Alabama is not going far.

Reactions: IrishMike409
for the moment; but what happens on the field will determine how long that lasts.

for the moment; but what happens on the field will determine how long that lasts.
Too much hs fb talent throughout the entire south, too much money, support, and resources at Alabama, and too much tradition at Alabama for Alabama to slide too far.

And DeBoer can flat out coach.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Too much hs fb talent throughout the entire south, too much money, support, and resources at Alabama, and too much tradition at Alabama for Alabama to slide too far.

And DeBoer can flat out coach.
sure
proof comes on the field; and you do remember that Alabama had pretty much all you mentioned but it was not until Saban came that it was the Dynasty.
Now its clear you WANT this to continue but wanting is not having

Yes he is on a visit. And twitter has pics of him on campus apparently officially, which likely means he is not considered committed to Notre Dame at this point.
So does ND pull his scholly now that he's taken an official visit to another school? Isn't that the line in the sand Freeman made on multiple occasions?

OK, so now Taylor is planning an OV to Michigan on the 21st following our’s on the 14th.

Be interesting to see how MF handles this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT