ADVERTISEMENT

UGA lacks talent...

NDAFArly

I've posted how many times?
May 25, 2016
Right?

Getting blown out by Texas.

UGA fans, players & staff said ND got blown out because they lack talent.

So UGA must lack talent?

Or...... they are playing a bad game. It happens. ND played a bad game. UGA is tonight.

The funny part though is ND played one bad game. UGA is going to have multiple blow out losses & their best “win” was actually a loss to Bama.

UGA loses by 3 TDS to LSU & is losing by 3 TDS to Texas....but they are great? LOL

Right?

So UGA must lack talent?

Or...... they are playing a bad game. It happens. ND played a bad game. UGA is tonight.

The funny part though is ND played one bad game. UGA is going to have multiple blow out losses & their best “win” was actually a loss to Bama.

UGA loses by 3 TDS to LSU & is losing by 3 TDS to Texas....but they are great? LOL
Not over yet.

Right?

So UGA must lack talent?

ND always plays a bad game on the national stage though. Every time for two decades. Come on. Clue in!

Reactions: 88ND
Not over yet.

But according to most UGA is Bama-Jr?

Just maybe, teams have an off night.
But when it’s ND it’s because they are garbage, not that they had one bad week out of 13.

Right?

So UGA must lack talent?

UGA nearly won a national title last year and have a Rose Bowl title.

ND has nothing.

Educated people aren’t buying the crap you’re selling. When is ND going to win one game on the big stage? Texas and UGA have proved themselves in this spot multiple times. ND hasn’t.

ND always plays a bad game on the national stage though. Every time for two decades. Come on. Clue in!

This is definitely not a typical UGA big game performance. They usually play three great quarters before they find a way to choke the game away.

Reactions: Leahylads
But according to most UGA is Bama-Jr?

Just maybe, teams have an off night.
But when it’s ND it’s because they are garbage, not that they had one bad week out of 13.
UGA is at least showing some fight. ND quit and always quit when the game isn’t going their way.

If ND would win one of these games and not lose in blowout fashion every time then most people wouldn’t say anything. I’m shocked you don’t understand that.

Reactions: 88ND
UGA nearly won a national title last year and have a Rose Bowl title.

ND has nothing.

Educated people aren’t buying the crap you’re selling. When is ND going to win one game on the big stage? Texas and UGA have proved themselves in this spot multiple times. ND hasn’t.

What are you talking about? UGA has 3 losses now this year, Texas 4! Laughing my ass off at those clowns. Are you referring to just recent history obviously? So happy UT beat down Kirby boy and the Dawgs.

Reactions: graceh90
UGA is at least showing some fight. ND quit and always quit when the game isn’t going their way.

If ND would win one of these games and not lose in blowout fashion every time then most people wouldn’t say anything. I’m shocked you don’t understand that.

ND didn’t quit, that’s just uninformed B.S.

Go back and rewatch the game.

No quit whatsoever !

Lol some people here are hilarious. Texas played great. Ehlinger was infinitely better than Book was against Clemson, and Todd Orlando deserves a ton of props for blitzing the hell out of Jake Fromm all night and taking advantage of the fact he's not able to make plays with his legs against pressure.

Now here are the facts about Georgia that you guys love to conveniently ignore in order to push your narrative...

1. Georgia's two best players did not play. People cried about Julian Love missing half the game for Notre Dame, but not a word about the fact that DeAndre Baker, the best corner in the nation, who beat out Julian Love for the award 2 weeks ago, did not play because he didn't want to risk injury. He's about to be a top 10 Draft Pick. Furthermore, D'Andre Walker, Georgia's best pass rusher in a rebuilt front 7 that lost 6 of 7 starters from last year, did not play due to injury. Georgia struggled to rush the passer this year, but not having Walker in the game was an enormous blow.

2. 68% of Georgia's team are freshmen and sophomores. That's a crazy number... Look at their starting group for the game today.

QB: Jake Fromm (SOPH)
RB: Deandre Swift (SOPH)
WR: Jeremiah Holloman (SOPH)
LT: Andrew Thomas (SOPH)
LG: Cade Mays (FR)
RG: Trey Hill (FR)
RT: Isaiah Wilson (SOPH)
DT: Jordan Davis (FR)
LB: Grant Walter (SOPH)
CB: Eric Stokes (FR)
CB: Paris Campbell (FR)
S: Richard Lecounte (FR)

Georgia started 12 freshmen and sophomores, 5 along their lines. 3/4 of their secondary were true freshman today. They've began their build for next year. Notre Dame travels to Athens next year and they'll face a Georgia team that returns 17 starters from the group you saw today and 60% of their starting group won't be 18-19 year old under classmen, including 6 true freshmen.

If some people don't understand the difference between those two scenarios, I don't know what more can be said. Let's understand the teams before we offer up false equivalences.

Notre Dame put up 3 points in a game Clemson could have won by 40+ if they wanted to and they started a total of 2 underclassmen, a pair of sophomores on the offensive line. Georgia lost 28-21 in a competitive game and they started 12 underclassmen.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcswoopnh
Lol some people here are hilarious. Texas played great. Ehlinger was infinitely better than Book was against Clemson, and Todd Orlando deserves a ton of props for blitzing the hell out of Jake Fromm all night and taking advantage of the fact he's not able to make plays with his legs against pressure.

Now here are the facts about Georgia that you guys love to conveniently ignore in order to push your narrative...

1. Georgia's two best players did not play. People cried about Julian Love missing half the game for Notre Dame, but not a word about the fact that DeAndre Baker, the best corner in the nation, who beat out Julian Love for the award 2 weeks ago, did not play because he didn't want to risk injury. He's about to be a top 10 Draft Pick. Furthermore, D'Andre Walker, Georgia's best pass rusher in a rebuilt front 7 that lost 6 of 7 starters from last year, did not play due to injury. Georgia struggled to rush the passer this year, but not having Walker in the game was an enormous blow.

2. 68% of Georgia's team are freshmen and sophomores. That's a crazy number... Look at their starting group for the game today.

QB: Jake Fromm (SOPH)
RB: Deandre Swift (SOPH)
WR: Jeremiah Holloman (SOPH)
LT: Andrew Thomas (SOPH)
LG: Cade Mays (FR)
RG: Trey Hill (FR)
RT: Isaiah Wilson (SOPH)
DT: Jordan Davis (FR)
LB: Grant Walter (SOPH)
CB: Eric Stokes (FR)
CB: Paris Campbell (FR)
S: Richard Lecounte (FR)

Georgia started 12 freshman and sophomores, 5 along their lines. 3/4 of their secondary were true freshman today. They've began their build for next year. Notre Dame travels to Athens next year and they'll face a Georgia team that returns 17 starters from the group you saw today and 60% of their starting group won't be 18-19 year old under classmen, including 6 true freshmen.

If some people don't understand the difference between those two scenarios, I don't know what more can be said.

Notre Dame put up 3 points in a game Clemson could have won by 40+ if they wanted to and they started a total of 2 underclassmen, a pair of sophomores on the offensive line. Georgia lost 28-21 in a competitive game and they started 12 underclassmen.

None of this means jack squat. UGA was tweeting and talking shit about ND and then proceeded to lose to 4 loss Texas. Nice effort Dawgs! Competitive?! It was 28-7 and Texas ran the ball, ran the clock and UGA got some style points at the end. UGA never showed up. Book was 9-1 against better competition and Ehrlinger has 4 losses. I give the kid credit for a helluva game and W tonight but he’s not as good as Book.

None of this means jack squat. UGA was tweeting and talking shit about ND and then proceeded to lose to 4 loss Texas. Nice effort Dawgs! Competitive?! It was 28-7 and Texas ran the ball, ran the clock and UGA got some style points at the end. UGA never showed up. Book was 9-1 against better competition and Ehrlinger has 4 losses. I give the kid credit for a helluva game and W tonight but he’s not as good as Book.

What part of starting 12 underclassman, missing your 2 best players and running into a quarterback who played his ass off and losing by 7 points to a team that will finish ranked in the top 10 doesn't resonate with you?.. Compared to a team that starts 20 upper classmen scoring a total of 3 points, only entering the opponents red zone ONE time in the entire game, surrendering 6 sacks and getting lucky that Clemson yanked its starters because it has a game next week, so Dabo had no issue not running up the score.

If you think those 2 loses are at all a reflection of where Georgia and Notre Dame are comparatively moving forward, then I suggest you tune in when Notre Dame heads to Athens early next season and a Georgia team that returns 17 starters from tonight, that will no longer be 18 and 19 year old kids, hosts Ian Book and The Fighting Irish.

What part of starting 12 underclassman, missing your 2 best players and running into a quarterback who played his ass off and losing by 7 points to a team that will finish ranked in the top 10 doesn't resonate with you?.. Compared to a team that starts 20 upper classmen scoring a total of 3 points, only entering the opponents red zone ONE time in the entire game, surrendering 6 sacks and getting lucky that Clemson yanked its starters because it has a game next week, so Dabo had no issue not running up the score.

If you think those 2 loses are at all a reflection of where Georgia and Notre Dame are comparatively moving forward, then I suggest you tune in when Notre Dame heads to Athens early next season and a Georgia team that returns 17 starters from tonight, that will no longer be 18 and 19 year old kids, hosts Ian Book and The Fighting Irish.[/QUOTE

Your podcast you are doing with Chaseball should be named "Whine and Cheese ". :):):)
Your podcast you are doing with Chaseball should be named "Whine and Cheese ". :):):)

We're going to call it "Making Notre Dame Great Again"... We have uncle Donald lined up as our guest host for our first episode entitled "You're fireedddd…. Like a dogggg".

Spoiler alert... Here are some quotes from the episode...

"Jeff... You're fired... Like a doggg"
"Autry... You're fired. Go walk Jeff"
"Del... You're an amazing person. Always loyal. You're fired, but get me some KFC"
"Brian... You're fired... Like a doggg. And we're going to use your salary to pay for the wall"

Right?

So UGA must lack talent?

Totally different mindset. Apples to oranges.

Reactions: notredamerises23
Right?

So UGA must lack talent?

Does this thread make ND better? Really?

Answer this which team will be better going forward and why?

We often see this happen in meaningless bowl games.

quit ? thats BS.

Reactions: jcswoopnh and d1042
You realize that assuming Love comes back and Mack goes pro, ND returns 15 starters (plus MTA) from a 12-1 playoff team, right? And we started 4/5 soph/fr on the OLine against the best DLine in the country.

There's also a big difference between not having your best CB against Clemson and Texas. Look what LSU did without 8 starters on D against UCF. Hell, they had a WR playing CB in that game. If UGA were as good as you say, they would've beaten a decent Texas team anyway.

I see both points here including IIO on the youth of UGA. They have talent across the board and will be the measuring stick next year so excited to go. Unfortunately for them, they should’ve worried about their game and not feeling like they should’ve been in the top 4. Of course, I’m sure we won’t hear from too many UGA fans until next year when they head over to start trolling. My wife (a huge UGA fan) was right in the end when she defended the ND inclusion to the top 4 and even stated that she thought OSU was more deserving.

Reactions: jcswoopnh
You realize that assuming Love comes back and Mack goes pro, ND returns 15 starters (plus MTA) from a 12-1 playoff team, right? And we started 4/5 soph/fr on the OLine against the best DLine in the country.

There's also a big difference between not having your best CB against Clemson and Texas. Look what LSU did without 8 starters on D against UCF. Hell, they had a WR playing CB in that game. If UGA were as good as you say, they would've beaten a decent Texas team anyway.

First of all, ND started 2 juniors, a 5th year senior and 2 sophomores vs Texas. 3/5 of the offensive WERE NOT underclassmen. Secondly, Clemson was missing an All American NG from that unit, so ND didn't even face the Clemson defensive line at it's best.

Georgia WILL be that good. They aren't right now. This was a rebuild year for them. Anytime the majority of your starters are freshman and sophomores and 68% of your entire roster are underclassmen, your best days are ahead of you.

OSU was the most ridiculous argument. The idea they should get in was based on one game and their name. Yes, they crushed Michigan. They also got embarrassed by Purdue and needed a backup QB to miss a wide open 2pt conversion pass to escape Maryland. Everyone gets on us about barely beating Ball St and Vandy, but wants to overlook games like Purdue, Maryland, and Nebraska for teams like OSU.

OSU was the most ridiculous argument. The idea they should get in was based on one game and their name. Yes, they crushed Michigan. They also got embarrassed by Purdue and needed a backup QB to miss a wide open 2pt conversion pass to escape Maryland. Everyone gets on us about barely beating Ball St and Vandy, but wants to overlook games like Purdue, Maryland, and Nebraska for teams like OSU.
Sorry-to clarify she felt that OSU was more deserving than UGA based on their seasons. In the end, I feel most fans saw those games and the narrative that ND wasn’t one of top 4 should die down. Clemson and Bama are just that much better than the rest of the group this season. Also that game helps solidify the sage like wisdom from Herm Edwards, “don’t press send!”

First of all, ND started 2 juniors, a 5th year senior and 2 sophomores vs Texas. 3/5 of the offensive WERE NOT underclassmen. Secondly, Clemson was missing an All American NG from that unit, so ND didn't even face the Clemson defensive line at it's best.

Georgia WILL be that good. They aren't right now. This was a rebuild year for them. Anytime the majority of your starters are freshman and sophomores and 68% of your entire roster are underclassmen, your best days are ahead of you.

Well I guess UGA shouldn't have even been in the playoff discussion since youth is now their excuse. You can't have it both ways. The truth is UGA got out-coached and looked over-matched for most of the game. For all we know right now, Kirby Smart could be Mark Richt all over again. Great recruiter but makes some odd in-game decisions and can't win the big game. The last time I looked, they hadn't won a championship since 1980 which is eight years earlier than our last title.

Also, so what Clemson was missing an AA? He screwed up and got caught so ND was facing Clemson's defensive line at it's best for this game.

Clemson was missing their AA DT because he got caught cheating. Or is that part of the win at all costs mentality ND needs to adopt?

Clemson was missing their AA DT because he got caught cheating. Or is that part of the win at all costs mentality ND needs to adopt?

My point was that the Notre Dame's offensive line would have been additionally embarrassed had Lawrence played. I wssn't making excuses for him, I was making an excuse for Notre Dame.

Well I guess UGA shouldn't have even been in the playoff discussion since youth is now their excuse. You can't have it both ways. The truth is UGA got out-coached and looked over-matched for most of the game. For all we know right now, Kirby Smart could be Mark Richt all over again. Great recruiter but makes some odd in-game decisions and can't win the big game. The last time I looked, they hadn't won a championship since 1980 which is eight years earlier than our last title.

Also, so what Clemson was missing an AA? He screwed up and got caught so ND was facing Clemson's defensive line at it's best for this game.

Justin Trudeau Jr will always try to spin the narrative to accommodate his argument. When the team with "superior talent" wins. It is "see I told you recruiting rankings are the be all and end all". Then we endure a 3.000 word mind numbing post that tell us "water is wet" & "the sky is blue".

When a Utah smokes an Alabama, or a Texas beats a UGA, or a UCF beats an Auburn, we hear excuses like "they are young" or "they were not interested".

ND lost to Clemson 30-3. Since OSU is in the star gazing stratosphere according to the savants, what was the final score of OSUs CFP game when they last played Clemson in the 2016?

31-0. I guess Ohio State was young and disinterested too?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT