ADVERTISEMENT

Tyree

stu4don

I've posted how many times?
Dec 13, 2006
Watching the way Sarkasian and the Alabama offense got the ball Najee Harris in space (43 rec. 435 yards, 9.9 avg) this year should be a primmer for Tommy Rees on how get Tyree on track to 1300+ all purpose yards next year. We already know we have a blue-chipper in Williams (Josh Adams in '17 was the only Kelly era RB to have more total yards) so if we can get the brand-new OL up and running early, it could be interesting... I want to see sets where both Williams and Tyree are on the field.... Sark's quick screens and misdirection tosses to Najee were so effective. Tyree (only Josh Adams '15 had more yards as a Freshman) has shown an ability to be our breakaway weapon. Use him Tommy!

I really really hope we use more tempo next year and run more offensive plays.

Reactions: VTND
Just re-watched a recap of 92 Notre Dame football season on YouTube. What an offense. Maybe young Mr. Rees could look darn a fee things. Of course, Mirer was one hell if a QB

I really really hope we use more tempo next year and run more offensive plays.
Won't use tempo when the backend isn't deep. The threat of wearing out your own defense is too high. That's the main reason it was stopped already. Look at kizers last year... He'd score so fast and put a gassed defense back on the field.

Tyree is going to be a beast! Speed, acceleration, vision are all there. He was one step from breaking multiple big runs this season. He needs an extra year in the weight room and some improved lower body strength. Remember he was 18 last year.

Watching the way Sarkasian and the Alabama offense got the ball Najee Harris in space (43 rec. 435 yards, 9.9 avg) this year should be a primmer for Tommy Rees on how get Tyree on track to 1300+ all purpose yards next year. We already know we have a blue-chipper in Williams (Josh Adams in '17 was the only Kelly era RB to have more total yards) so if we can get the brand-new OL up and running early, it could be interesting... I want to see sets where both Williams and Tyree are on the field.... Sark's quick screens and misdirection tosses to Najee were so effective. Tyree (only Josh Adams '15 had more yards as a Freshman) has shown an ability to be our breakaway weapon. Use him Tommy!
Swing pass to the left; swing pass to the right. I don't care how; just get the ball into the hands of these speed guys and watch the scoreboard light up.

Won't use tempo when the backend isn't deep. The threat of wearing out your own defense is too high. That's the main reason it was stopped already. Look at kizers last year... He'd score so fast and put a gassed defense back on the field.
A gassed DVG DEFENSE -- sorry, but that is a very very false equivalency.

ND didn't run an up-tempo offense in 2016 or any other year since BK's off-and-on flirtation with up-tempo during his first couple of years. The 2016 offense was a no-huddle offense that only occasionally ran tempo. No-huddle and up-tempo are not the same thing. Typically, ND's no-huddle offense lets the play clock run down to 10 seconds or less before the snap and that was true in 2016.

The 2016 defense got gassed because they were TERRIBLE at getting off the field. Opposing offenses were routinely able to sustain drives, so yes, by the 4th quarter the defense was usually gassed.

Reactions: shabak
up tempo? What I have notice under Kelly is hurry up to the line and take forever to get the snap off and sometimes get a delay of game penalty.

Tommy Rees is an excellent Ocordinator. He won a bowl game against a good Iowa State team in his first game. And he took us to the playoffs his first year ( only 4 teams out of 120+ get to the playoffs) and Tommy headed the offense in our biggest win in 27 years by scoring 47 points against the #1 team in the Nation.

Of course he will use Chris Tyree correctly in the offense.

Chris Tyree as a true frosh got more playing time as the season went on and showed his explosiveness.

I think Chris will have a huge year his sophmore year running and receiving. He will help Kyren Williams be a better player as he will not have to take the pounding he did this year.
Kyren and Chris will be a two headed monster and we will win a NC this year.

up tempo? What I have notice under Kelly is hurry up to the line and take forever to get the snap off and sometimes get a delay of game penalty.
At times kelly has used tempo to change the pace up, provide a spark, keep the D off balance. We did not do that at all in 2020.

I'm not saying be chip kelly but i'd like to see ND get back to mixing up pace. We were flat out able to out physical opponents this year, that might not be the case next year.

No Najees on NDs roster.
Kyren isn't Najee, not many are, but he can split out and catch the ball very well. I'm actually impressed with how well Kyren stood up to being the alpha back all year, his first year playing college ball (yes RS Frosh).

I'll be disappointed if we don't utilize him more in screens, swing passes, etc this upcoming season.

I was down on Kyren big time with the way he came in physically in 2019.

Tommy Rees is an excellent Ocordinator. He won a bowl game against a good Iowa State team in his first game. And he took us to the playoffs his first year ( only 4 teams out of 120+ get to the playoffs) and Tommy headed the offense in our biggest win in 27 years by scoring 47 points against the #1 team in the Nation.

Of course he will use Chris Tyree correctly in the offense.

Chris Tyree as a true frosh got more playing time as the season went on and showed his explosiveness.

I think Chris will have a huge year his sophmore year running and receiving. He will help Kyren Williams be a better player as he will not have to take the pounding he did this year.
Kyren and Chris will be a two headed monster and we will win a NC this year.
We want Bodi the great to be our head coach.

Reactions: BodiTheGreat

I thought we fixed the hurry up and wait in 2017.

A gassed DVG DEFENSE -- sorry, but that is a very very false equivalency.
Lol. The scheme doesn't matter. Both elko and lea used very few secondary players AND allowed long drives. Lea was markedly better getting off the field on third downs, but the defense was still o the field a lot. When you don't have depth in the secondary and run tempo you screw yourself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT