ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Tyree Moves to Receiver As Spring Drills Open

raycyrx

Irish Expert
Oct 22, 2002

Tyree spent the first five periods of the practice open to the media working with the wideouts after three seasons carrying the football 229 times for 1,162 yards with eight touchdowns as a running back.

“Permanent move? It’s to be determined,” said Irish head coach Marcus Freeman. “He’s a guy with multiple skillsets. We know Chris Tyree is a guy we have to have on the football field. The ability to put him at wideout…We know what he can do as a running back. He’s a guy who can do multiple things.”

Reactions: Kelso86
He seems a bit small for a receiver. Of course you was also a bit small for running back.

He's cross training. Makes sense to get him a bigger role. Too much talent to sit on bench or just run up the middle

He seems a bit small for a receiver. Of course you was also a bit small for running back.
Reggie Bush was 5-11 200 in college. Tyree is 5-9? 200. SC if you recall used him in the slot all the time.

Reggie Bush was 5-11 200 in college. Tyree is 5-9? 200. SC if you recall used him in the slot all the time.

Jeez. Please don't put Reggie Bush and Chris Tyree in the same comparison.

Please.
I was going to say, generational talent.

We had a short freshman playing in 1997, Joey Gethurall sp? He was put at WR and was just too small a target for Jarious Jackson.

Jeez. Please don't put Reggie Bush and Chris Tyree in the same comparison.

Please.
Moron. I'm not saying he's Reggie Bush. I'm saying Bush was not a BIG guy either. But was obviously used in a dual role. God you are dense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT