ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Buchner Named Starting QB

Totally different players. Buchner is a willing runner, wimbush was a breakout runner. Wimbush was raw with a cannon, buchner has real pocket skills with strong anticipation and arm talent.

Wimbush was ruined by Mike Sanford to the point he couldn't throw screen passes. Buchner seems to have gotten his feet and throwing in sync.
that's what everybody is writing...... Man I really want to be overly excited about this offense but I just have to see him make a lot of the simple and tight throws on time with confidence.

I believe with his talent level a great OC will make the plays and reads somewhat easy with the talent we have. Having Styles, tyree, lenzy, mayer, estime all on the field with a true dual threat QB, the options are limitless. Especially if the Oline is what we think it will be.

Throw it all out there vs OSU, then come back to the basics vs Marshall.

Lenzy talking about Buchner in practice,

"Just being in practice, I can be like it's coming to me, but then it gets thrown to someone who never gets that ball on that play. You're like, 'Dang, how'd he make that throw?'

"I'd say his overall playmaking ability is just insane. I think he brings a very dynamic element to the offense. I'm really excited to see him this year."

Styles,

Sophomore Lorenzo Styles echoed Lenzy as he’s witnessed multiple examples of his classmate making plays out of nothing.

“It's just really when there's a defender in his face or sometimes when he has to put his arm a different angle to get the throw off,” said Styles. “He has the ability to do that."

Reactions: melstew
Lenzy talking about Buchner in practice,

"Just being in practice, I can be like it's coming to me, but then it gets thrown to someone who never gets that ball on that play. You're like, 'Dang, how'd he make that throw?'

"I'd say his overall playmaking ability is just insane. I think he brings a very dynamic element to the offense. I'm really excited to see him this year."
A lot of good quotes like that from the receivers and wr coach today

Reactions: melstew
It's been like that since spring, but now it's coming out since the "competition" is over.

This is why there are reports that it wasn't a real competition and was very clear from the start of spring ball

Dude could sling it in high school. The questions were one why did he change his motion and how long to translate to faster game speed as his competition was not good.

His motion looks a lot more like it did in hs now and his mechanics are in sync.

We have to wait and see how he does in live competition, but the team seems to think he's gonna be pretty awesome.

I expect more ints but also a QB that can use the entire field and not ignore over the middle routes. Also someone that at times requires a spy to stay on him opening up down field tosses against 1 on 1.

I knew the whole time it wasn't a real competition.

I could see the talent disparity was huge so obviously the coaches could see that too.

We need Pyne to be ready so it was good for him. Have to stay engaged

Dude could sling it in high school. The questions were one why did he change his motion and how long to translate to faster game speed as his competition was not good.

His motion looks a lot more like it did in hs now and his mechanics are in sync.

We have to wait and see how he does in live competition, but the team seems to think he's gonna be pretty awesome.

I expect more ints but also a QB that can use the entire field and not ignore over the middle routes. Also someone that at times requires a spy to stay on him opening up down field tosses against 1 on 1.
I'm okay with a few more ints if it means making a whole lot more plays. And explosive plays. I expect both

The offense at times was methodical and boring for awhile. I think that changes this year

Totally different players. Buchner is a willing runner, wimbush was a breakout runner. Wimbush was raw with a cannon, buchner has real pocket skills with strong anticipation and arm talent.

Wimbush was ruined by Mike Sanford to the point he couldn't throw screen passes. Buchner seems to have gotten his feet and throwing in sync.
Wimbush was also ruined by Chip Long. Long did an about face after the 2018 Michigan win and insisted BW play like Tom Brady, and sit in the pocket. Ludicrous.

Wimbush was also ruined by Chip Long. Long did an about face after the 2018 Michigan win and insisted BW play like Tom Brady, and sit in the pocket. Ludicrous.
Jurkovec was an ND fan his whole life, one year under that offensive coaching staff and we were being told he can’t make any throws … good for him that he transferred

The kid wasn't ruined by play calling. He was ruined because Mike Sanford teaches bad mechanics. If you're saying that chip long highlighted those by calling screens that wimbush drove straight into the ground because his release was wrong than sure he shares some blame, but it's not like he could just tell wimbush to throw it 50 yards every play.

Look at everywhere Mike Sanford has been and every QB he's touched. He's a disaster at teaching qbs.

They hype is building for Buchner. If the hype is real and the oline hype is real this offense should be very good

Reactions: 96domer
ADVERTISEMENT