ADVERTISEMENT

TIME !

Patrirish

I've posted how many times?
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2018
In watching today’s games I noticed something.

The time QB’s have in structurally sound pockets.

Protection leads to completions.

Protection leads to longer completions.

Will Book be afforded time ?

Reactions: rgc7

It’s really something to watch it in the NFL. Kyler Murray had so much time in the pocket against the Lions. It was almost like watching a different sport. It’s a thing of beauty to watch the NFL OL hold the DL so long.

It’s really something to watch it in the NFL. Kyler Murray had so much time in the pocket against the Lions. It was almost like watching a different sport. It’s a thing of beauty to watch the NFL OL hold the DL so long.
Not all NFL OL have that luxury

He had time and open receivers. Did you even watch the game? Multiple times Book ran from a clean pocket into trouble. Also UK blitzed a LOT and Books reads were bad. Wide open hot receivers and he's locked in the wrong side of the field.

He had time and open receivers. Did you even watch the game? Multiple times Book ran from a clean pocket into trouble. Also UK blitzed a LOT and Books reads were bad. Wide open hot receivers and he's locked in the wrong side of the field.

Please cite the plays you mention using the game clock times.

I’m sure you’re aware that Book completed 61 % of his passes.

Please cite the plays you mention using the game clock times.

I’m sure you’re aware that Book completed 61 % of his passes.
he did and given the depth of those throws thats not impressive at all. don't forget three catches by claypool, keys and finke on poorly thrown balls. the one to finke on 4th down killed the drive.

“He did and given the depth of those throws thats not impressive at all. don't forget three catches by claypool, keys and finke on poorly thrown balls. the one to finke on 4th down killed the drive.”

I don’t know how the rest of you feel about this post, but it really screams that we’re lucky to have book as our qb. ;)

Book isn't helping himself whatsoever.

When he starts making the defense pay for blitzing by hitting the hot receiver and taking the hit to do so the opposition will start playing him more honest.

Reactions: rgc7
“When he starts making the defense pay for blitzing by hitting the hot receiver and taking the hit to do so the opposition will start playing him more honest.”

Yep, maybe then we’ll average over 35 points a game and win virtually every start he’s made. Wait a minute, we already do that w/ book as the starter. You’d never know though reading some of the BS written here.

Reactions: nemeth#5

Well they were dropping 8 guys in coverage against Murray. They'd rather try to let the guy beat them with his arm than chase him around the field. It was working like a charm until they imploded like the Lions always do. f#cking unreal!

“When he starts making the defense pay for blitzing by hitting the hot receiver and taking the hit to do so the opposition will start playing him more honest.”

Yep, maybe then we’ll average over 35 points a game and win virtually every start he’s made. Wait a minute, we already do that w/ book as the starter. You’d never know though reading some of the BS written here.

ND has not averaged more than 35 ppg with Ian Book as a starter. We've been through this. They've averaged roughly 33 ppg. That's extremely relevant given the fact that in 2018, 35+ ppg vs 33 ppg, is the difference between a scoring offense ranked inside the top 20 vs a scoring offense ranked in the low 30s.

I do think they are capable of averaging 35-37 points per game this year if they put it all together. In the Louisville game they probably hang 45-48 points if they convert a couple key downs in the run game and make a couple better throws in the passing game.

“He did and given the depth of those throws thats not impressive at all. don't forget three catches by claypool, keys and finke on poorly thrown balls. the one to finke on 4th down killed the drive.”

I don’t know how the rest of you feel about this post, but it really screams that we’re lucky to have book as our qb. ;)
i think they are. that said he has stunk it up three games in a row. i'm concerned, you're not. end of story.

Trust me, Matt Ryan didn't have that luxury yesterday. Got hit 11 times in the game, sacked four times. Vikings D is pretty stout.

I love this...

More horseshit....

blinded by the dome...revved up like a deuce
another believer in the night

You think Book is playing just outstanding?

The book is out on Book.

“I love this...

More horseshit....

blinded by the dome...revved up like a deuce
another believer in the night

You think Book is playing just outstanding?

The book is out on Book.”

“Blinded by the dome”? I’ve had plenty of criticism for ND players in the past so that claim is patently false. And I never said that book was playing outstanding. I’ve stated in multiple posts that he left he pocket early a few times and missed on some easy throws for him and also mentioned how he needs to protect the ball. All in all, an average game considering that he ran for good yardage and considering the throwaways, his completion% was pretty good and his yards per attempt was very good, which is strange considering he didn’t go deep. Considering the turnover and the last meaningless drive, we scored tds on virtually half our drives. But to be clear, I’m not the one saying he’s playing outstanding, you’re the ones saying he’s “hot garbage”. The truth is that he played an average game.

Love that tune though, 88. Manfred Mann’s version better than the original by the boss.

ND has not averaged more than 35 ppg with Ian Book as a starter. We've been through this. They've averaged roughly 33 ppg. That's extremely relevant given the fact that in 2018, 35+ ppg vs 33 ppg, is the difference between a scoring offense ranked inside the top 20 vs a scoring offense ranked in the low 30s.

I do think they are capable of averaging 35-37 points per game this year if they put it all together. In the Louisville game they probably hang 45-48 points if they convert a couple key downs in the run game and make a couple better throws in the passing game.

IIO,

That ranking should be weighted by the level of competition you face.

For example, in 2016 against Navy, ND only had six (6) possessions.

Scoring 35-37 points when you only have six (6) possessions is practically impossible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT