ADVERTISEMENT

THIS......is why ND gets ZERO respect...

They don’t lack talent, look at the team rankings the last 5 years. ND ended up with higher “star” average than Clemson 3 of 5 years. It’s the head coach period. Kelly is not the guy to get ND over the hump. He’s had 2 cracks at it and failed miserably. The Kelly experiment should be ended. Line up a replacement and have him step aside.

Recruiting rankings are a joke. The most popular programs are always near the top of the rankings.

Wow. The difference in speed and athleticism is huge. ND would have been better off playing in a more appropriate game against a beatable team.

Just look at the size difference between Clemsons defensive line and ours...those guys are MASSIVE...stars matter guys...

Enough with the talent crap. Way less talented teams have played these guys harder. We lost because the offense was garbage and completely unimaginative. Book running for his life waiting for someone to get open was not a winning strategy. Kelly completely abandoned the run...AGAIN.

Wow. The difference in speed and athleticism is huge. ND would have been better off playing in a more appropriate game against a beatable team.

We have a winner! Amazing to me our fans don't see that.

Enough with the talent crap. Way less talented teams have played these guys harder. We lost because the offense was garbage and completely unimaginative. Book running for his life waiting for someone to get open was not a winning strategy. Kelly completely abandoned the run...AGAIN.

Totally disagree. The talent gap is what made it impossible for our receivers to get open and our line to block their defense.

Totally disagree. The talent gap is what made it impossible for our receivers to get open and our line to block their defense.
Then how come Syracuse came close to taking Clemson out and ND did not even come close even though ND destroyed Syracuse. Are you telling me that Syracuse has more talent than Notre Dame? That's a flawed argument you're making. I'm not saying Notre Dame should have beaten a more talented Clemson team, however, the Irish should have been able to play them just as tough as Syracuse did.

Then how come Syracuse came close to taking Clemson out and ND did not even come close even though ND destroyed Syracuse. Are you telling me that Syracuse has more talent than Notre Dame? That's a flawed argument you're making. I'm not saying Notre Dame should have beaten a more talented Clemson team, however, the Irish should have been able to play them just as tough as Syracuse did.

I really think it is a slippery slope to compare common opponents.

But I think you have to weigh in the fact that Syracuse played Clemson early in the season when Clemson had a brand new quarterback and he got hurt! But after Syracuse built a lead, Clemson responded and simply refused to lose.

I attended the ND-Syracuse game. We dominated, true, but they lost their starting QB in the first quarter, and their second string QB threw at least two deep passes that should have been TDs.

I think ND has a very good team. I think we have a very good -- but not a great -- coach. I think we are something like our men's basketball team. Brey can build a good team and get them into the tournament, but you'd never look at ND and say this team is going to go all the way.

I really think it is a slippery slope to compare common opponents.

But I think you have to weigh in the fact that Syracuse played Clemson early in the season when Clemson had a brand new quarterback and he got hurt! But after Syracuse built a lead, Clemson responded and simply refused to lose.

I attended the ND-Syracuse game. We dominated, true, but they lost their starting QB in the first quarter, and their second string QB threw at least two deep passes that should have been TDs.

I think ND has a very good team. I think we have a very good -- but not a great -- coach. I think we are something like our men's basketball team. Brey can build a good team and get them into the tournament, but you'd never look at ND and say this team is going to go all the way.

A common opponent is the only way to compare teams sometimes. Look, I get it, Clemson has more talent. However, ND still has to show up and compete. No excuse to be blown out by 27 points on a neutral field.

A common opponent is the only way to compare teams sometimes. Look, I get it, Clemson has more talent. However, ND still has to show up and compete. No excuse to be blown out by 27 points on a neutral field.

And I think that is where the coaching comes in. I've never been a huge fan of Kelly's nor a huge critic. I think he is a very good coach, but he is clearly limited. His teams have always been kind of predictable, almost businesslike. They can beat most of the teams on the schedule, but he's not going to cook up some magic potion to miraculously win a big game.

Reactions: HillRock86
I think they were open. A harried Book couldn't get it to them.

Bottom line...until ND can find ways to win BIG games like this they'll always be disrespected and viewed as a FRAUD, and to be totally honest THAT'S FAIR..we are a FRAUD...this team had AT LEAST enough talent to score 3 TD's..now we would still have lost, but ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO JUST GET CREAMED.........AGAIN.....shameful

I think they were open. A harried Book couldn't get it to them.

Well, that's part two of my post. But yeah, we should have been able to put at least 14-17 points on the board.

At some point preparation, game planning and adjusting have to be questioned.

A very disappointing game by any measure.

Some bad or unlucky breaks ? Yes, but 3 points ?

Bottom line...until ND can find ways to win BIG games like this they'll always be disrespected and viewed as a FRAUD, and to be totally honest THAT'S FAIR..we are a FRAUD...this team had AT LEAST enough talent to score 3 TD's..now we would still have lost, but ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO JUST GET CREAMED.........AGAIN.....shameful

Not just winning big games, but being competitive in big games !

Very, very disappointing!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT