ADVERTISEMENT

ND is making some very questionable hires

My God you are clueless!
Patty = Eristic + Disputatious + narcissistic + curmudgeon.
You need serious help!
No, you’re the clueless one, issuing checks falls under the finance department‘s area of responsibility, the CFO’s department, not the CEO‘or COO’s bailiwick.

If I need help it’s help to get rid of morons like you.

Z, can you list the last ND hire that was NOT questionable? The least questionable I can think of would be BK, but UC was not a powerhouse program.

HH on his 2nd tour I guess is the only one I can think of over the last 30 years...
Freeman as the DC was a big hire. LSU and other top schools wanted him as the DC.

Golden was big

No, you’re the clueless one, issuing checks falls under the finance department‘s area of responsibility, the CFO’s department, not the CEO‘or COO’s bailiwick.

If I need help it’s help to get rid of morons like you.
OK WARREN BUFFET, NOW YOU ARE A FINANCE GENIUS ALONG WITH A BETTING GURU EDUCATING US ON HOW MUCH YOU KNOW ABOUT BETTING LINES. YOUR WEALTH OF KNOWLEDGE IS INCREDIBLE....... GROUCHY IDIOT!!!

OK WARREN BUFFET, NOW YOU ARE A FINANCE GENIUS ALONG WITH A BETTING GURU EDUCATING US ON HOW MUCH YOU KNOW ABOUT BETTING LINES. YOUR WEALTH OF KNOWLEDGE IS INCREDIBLE....... GROUCHY IDIOT!!!
Hey, no need to throw a hissy fit just because you’re embarrassed that you didn’t know what you were talking about and I made you look like a fool when you inserted yourself and made a failed attempt to show me up.

Take your whipping like a man, not a spoiled brat !

As to my “wealth of knowledge” that’s what happens when you get educated at Notre Dame !

Hey, no need to throw a hissy fit just because you’re embarrassed that you didn’t know what you were talking about and I made you look like a fool when you inserted yourself and made a failed attempt to show me up.

Take your whipping like a man, not a spoiled brat !

As to my “wealth of knowledge” that’s what happens when you get educated at Notre Dame !
Yeah ok, probably last in your class with Arts and Letters degree. I hope you know, nobody likes you on this board. You are a complete moron, LOL

Yeah ok, probably last in your class with Arts and Letters degree. I hope you know, nobody likes you on this board. You are a complete moron, LOL
You made the decision to insert yourself and challenge my statement that the Head Coach is the equivalent of the CEO/COO.

AND ……you got your nose bloodied because you didn’t know what you were talking about.

So, instead of sticking to the subject you chose to initiate a personal attack, which resulted in you getting your nose bloodied again.

You nailed it, from Chemical Engineering to last in my class in Arts & Letters, how did you know ?

Unlike you, I don’t post to make a fool of myself and I don’t post in order to gain points for popularity, but it would be interesting to see the results of your poll.

“Complete moron” ? What’s the difference between a complete moron and an incomplete moron ?

Go back to licking your wounds you loser !

You made the decision to insert yourself and challenge my statement that the Head Coach is the equivalent of the CEO/COO.

AND ……you got your nose bloodied because you didn’t know what you were talking about.

So, instead of sticking to the subject you chose to initiate a personal attack, which resulted in you getting your nose bloodied again.

You nailed it, from Chemical Engineering to last in my class in Arts & Letters, how did you know ?

Unlike you, I don’t post to make a fool of myself and I don’t post in order to gain points for popularity, but it would be interesting to see the results of your poll.

“Complete moron” ? What’s the difference between a complete moron and an incomplete moron ?

ok tough guy, what a miserable human being you are!

Lame attempt

Actually, quite the opposite, but you’re still an ignorant loser !
All you do is type your BS in bold large print like you are yelling at everybody. Everyone is stupid, moron, dumb, etc, except you pattycake the almighty. A legend in his own mind. You are an egotistical loud mouth fricking prick!

All you do is type your BS in bold large print like you are yelling at everybody. Everyone is stupid, moron, dumb, etc, except you pattycake the almighty. A legend in his own mind. You are an egotistical loud mouth fricking prick!
Everybody is NOT stupid, a moron or dumb, you’re just one of the exceptions !

You chose to weigh in and challenge me and you got your nose bloodied.
Take your whipping like a man and stop whining.

ND has improved the football staff. The staff is a team within the team. The needle is pointing upward!

Reactions: Ndapolis1
Do you ever wonder why everyone argues with you?
Oh, now they argue with me ?
I thought that I argued with them !

And ….. no, I don’t wonder.

I enjoy discourse with intelligent people, people who know the difference between the duties of CEO’s/COO’s and CFO’s !

Go back to licking your wounds you whiney loser.

I agree
However, we can question the OC hire
We can question everything. And should. I like that you question the hires. And we should keep doing that until the hires prove themselves. That's the definition of an open mind.

That means, though, that when people say things like Ludwig was the guy and Parker was a consolation prize, I question that just as much.

We can question everything. And should. I like that you question the hires. And we should keep doing that until the hires prove themselves. That's the definition of an open mind.

That means, though, that when people say things like Ludwig was the guy and Parker was a consolation prize, I question that just as much.
I definitely do not have any inside scoop or sources but if Ludwig wanted to be at ND it sounds like he would be the OC right now.

Either way, Parker is the man so let’s go Coach Parker!!!

This situation is consistent with ND not being a marquee destination. Why is anybody surprised given the stand of Father Jenkins and leadership on where football belongs? The reality now is that great coaches and players don't come to ND. It's now being challenged as a stepping stone.

Consider AL. TR is going there. The Tide are on their 6th coach in 8 years. Yet AL wins and remains a destination. Saban keeps winning, riding coaching volatility...because AL will otherwise do what it takes to be elite.

ND won't. Hasn't since Holtz. This is the new college football reality.

I posted this article on another thread, but it's pretty illuminating: https://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/11/...ds-firm-amid-shifts-in-college-athletics.html

“If tomorrow you told me, you just can’t do what you want to do in athletics and you’re going to have to shut it down, and we would have club sports, something like that — I don’t think it would significantly impact the revenue,” Father Jenkins says. Some alumni and donors might revolt, he acknowledges. “But just in terms of a financial proposition, I don’t think it would impact the academy.”

Hmmm.

“You made the ‘Hmmm’ there,” he says, detecting the doubt prompted by recollections of, say, Alabama-Birmingham trying to shut down its football program, only to have outraged supporters swiftly revive it. Isn’t talk of such a move at Notre Dame more a theoretical exercise than a practical consideration? An existential matter only, to be debated by scholars over a couple of Father Hesburgh Manhattans?

Father Jenkins’s tone faintly suggests: Try me. “Would someone who was going to give a gift to Notre Dame for a chair in philosophy or physics not give it if we did without football?” he asks. “I don’t think so.”

I don't think it is unreasonable by the way. If ND doesn't want to compromise, so be it. But the days of keeping up with AL, OSU, and GA are farther than ever.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Geraldine Packer has the easiest OC job you could ever walk into. We won’t realize the negative impact until Hartman is gone. How he recruits CJ Carr, Wingo, and several others will tell us all we need to know. Don’t recruit elite talent to compensate for the massive amount of inexperience on this coaching staff and we are in for an epic breakdown. It doesn’t take much to destroy a once great program. Just look at the many examples in USC, Michigan, Miami, FSU, LSU, etc. coming back is either impossible in the short term or costs $100 million like it did at LSU. Or it costs $9 million a year (a lot back then) to pull a Super Bowl head coach out of the NFL like Michigan did (then took him half a decade to right the ship).

The negative nabobs on this board will not be quiet unless we drop 50 points on Navy, 100 on Tennessee State and at least 35 on each of our remaining opponents. In my time, one might have questioned Ara hiring a high school coach (Joe Yonto) as his defensive line coach. That turned out pretty well. Go Irish
Yeah, but Jerry Faust!
GO IRISH! KEEP THE FAITH!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT