ADVERTISEMENT

The Skibro Challenge

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
We r coming down the stretch. Almost season. But still time for TheSkibro Challenge. If I call you out, you must respond with at least 3 sentences on anything.

Bodi- wtf are you? Why the awol act?
TelX- you ready for some football? Wingman? Where is mr positive?
Golson- predictions on rest of 24 class and season
D1042- how u feelin ? Report please
Mirer- who is our clothing partner?
Harpo- we beat OSu by?
Baron- did u talk to kva parents? Are they sending son
IIO- nobody is begging. But u can come back
Terry jillery- the Kennedy guy knows stuff. He is just a charicature an unnecessary gimmick
Koolaid- who do u think gets most nil in div 1
Echo- favorite player on team
Irish Mike- u live in ft Wayne right?
Scuba- how many hurricanes we get this year
Pat Irish- do we get Guerby ?
Nasty- say something nice about the team
Chaseball- ditto
Beer- what’s our record vs OSu. SC n Clemson and u r our closer for Scott. Don’t f it up
Du Lac- which is bigger. St Mary’s lake or St Joseph
Ndsmc78- if I don’t post can you hear me in the forest? I know, u don’t give a crap
Pennick - you haven’t pissed on anyone in awhile. U ok?
SJB- on average, how many times does the plac sign get slapped before kickoff?
Kelso- how good will Hartman be?
Edub- Morrison gets 5 ints. Yes or no?
Blitz- who wins more games in next 3 years, freeman or Kelly ?
Baldy- how do I get my hair to grow back?
TDJesus- prediction on Bowen. Does he stay at Oklahoma,?
Herb- how will the girls do this bb season?
Redrum- will Taebon be a stud or bust at safety?
Thunder- will Estime be thunder n get over 1000?
DIP- are you with Bodi? Mia.
Ara- ditto
1596- will Rory win another major?
11NCs- my bet is jumping man. Who u like?
NDdad3 & Holycross3- you into odds, joe Montana or just keep doing it until u get it right?
Anyone else- weigh in on something so Pennick can release/releave himself

Last edited:
Reactions: melstew
We r coming down the stretch. Almost season. But still time for TheSkibro Challenge. If I call you out, you must respond with at least 3 sentences on anything.

Chaseball- ditto
Beer- what’s our record vs OSu. SC n Clemson
Ndsmc78- if I don’t post can you hear me in the forest? I know, u don’t give a crap
Sbj- on average, how many times does the plac sign get slapped before kickoff?
Anyone else- weigh in on something so Pennick can release himself

You can get a hair transplant. They’re pretty expensive and painful but heard good things. Otherwise just have to embrace it. I’m not actually bald, at least not yet. Was kind of an ironic nickname I had as a kid

Reactions: theskibro

Harpo- we beat OSu by?
Terry jillery- the Kennedy guy knows stuff. He is just a charicature an unnecessary gimmick
Chaseball- ditto
Beer- what’s our record vs OSu. SC n Clemson and u r our closer for Scott. Don’t f it up
Du Lac- which is bigger. St Mary’s lake or at Joseph
Herb- how will the girls Fo this bb season?
Hilarious post.

Estimate will certainly use both some Shakin' and Thunder on his way to 1,000+ rushing yards.

You forgot to ask a question for IIO. Or is the guy still hurting from losing that weird bet he made with someone here.

You can get a hair transplant. They’re pretty expensive and painful but heard good things. Otherwise just have to embrace it. I’m not actually bald, at least not yet. Was kind of an ironic nickname I had as a kid
There's also the option of shaving your head bald and tattooing dots, giving it a shaved/military cut look. However, I don't think it's the best look. The tattoo shines and not in a good way.

TheSkiBro,

You’ve had nothing but “Guerby” from day one, some just didn’t recognize it ! 😜

Last edited:
1 Hurricane making land fall, I’ll predict somewhere in the panhandle. Maybe it will make people think twice about moving here and maybe a few will move away.

Ski…are you bored? Plenty of time for all your questions and challenges to be answered before we play on the Emerald Island. I only have NBA basketball Free Agency, and The British Open for sports entertainment before football season, so this Is my dead period. Bodi used to drop me several private messages a year, and he’s gone MIA. Seriously hope he and his wife are well, and we are the lucky recipients of his in-depth analysis and annual 12-0 prediction.
Lots of reasons to be excited. Starts with a quality QB who will keep defenses honest, an outstanding stable of running backs that should give us a dominant running game, a group of receivers with modest stats and stratospheric potential, and an OL that could be special, albeit With personal concerns about who starts at RG.
I’m much more optimistic about the defense than I was before Spring ball. Our DL two deep is pretty damn solid, although I wish we had a consensus sack machine leading our QB pressure. Our returning linebacker bring tremendous experience that will serve us well, but it’s time for sone of our talented faster young studs to force their way onto the field. We will need their athleticism and speed to win games against the likes of USC. I think four of our five defensive backs are very good to excellent, with lots of questions as to who starts at safety next to Watts. We are very thin with limited skills or experience at the two deep, so we really need to be fortunate and avoid any major injuries.
Overall, very positive about this team, and anxious for a couple questions to be answered before our game against Navy. Ready to report to flying duty whenever called, and happy to join Hartman in dropping a few bombs on the Ohio St defense.

Zeke but that's personal as I've known his family for a while. Really looking forward to the season. Always very interested in how the young guys develop. Can't wait to see Schrauth. Also Rylie Mills needs to force the opponent to have to double him. It's his time.

Reactions: Kelso86

Harpo- we beat OSu by?
Chaseball- ditto
Du Lac- which is bigger. St Mary’s lake or at Joseph
Herb- how will the girls Fo this bb season?
Taebon will be a bust. I am saying this only because others have said his camp tape was not that good. I had a friends son at that camp but different position otherwise I would have had some first hand information / eyeballs on him. That being said bring it young man....they offered you after the camp for a reason and I do not think they were desperate as they knew Tae was signing on today. Live the dream. Go Irish!

Good post Skibro! Glad to see some positivity mixed in with a dose of humor.

OK, I'll bite on the challenge. Actually, it isn't too tough to predict that Arch Manning will probably take home the biggest bag of NIL cash. Aside from the family name, he is playing football in a place where football is king and for a school with a bunch of boosters with VERY deep pockets. If not him, then I'd have to go with Caleb Williams. Of course, Livvy Dunne of LSU may end up putting both of them to shame. She is certainly the winner in the looks department.

Hilarious post.

Estimate will certainly use both some Shakin' and Thunder on his way to 1,000+ rushing yards.

You forgot to ask a question for IIO. Or is the guy still hurting from losing that weird bet he made with someone here.
Yeah he took his ball and went home several years ago

Very funny post. I’m deeply saddened I wasn’t on your list though, skibro.

Very funny post. I’m deeply saddened I wasn’t on your list though, skibro.
Francade

My deep apologies. I know u well. Many years of posting. And your reputation is legend. Please understand it is difficult for this old man to remember what I did an hour ago no less who kicked my butt in a post from years past. No doubt I’ve left off many other posters and it is not my intention to be neglectful. It’s just life as TheSkibro these days.
So raise a glass to those in our ND community, ND35 would be proud we still kick it around.

Reactions: francade
Lol. No need to apologize, ski. You’re a lifer on here and one of my favs. Thanks for the levity. This board needs more of that, including from me. 😉

IDK if Kennedy knows anything. He’s a crazy fan that likes to scream. I’ve never listened to really anything of his besides some funny rants.

Harpo- we beat OSu by?
IIO- nobody is begging. But u can come back
Chaseball- ditto
Du Lac- which is bigger. St Mary’s lake or St Joseph
SJB- on average, how many times does the plac sign get slapped before kickoff?
Herb- how will the girls do this bb season?
DIP- are you with Bodi? Mia.
Ara- ditto
1596- will Rory win another major?
11NCs- my bet is jumping man. Who u like?
NDdad3 & Holycross3- you into odds, joe Montana or just keep doing it until u get it right?
Anyone else- weigh in on something so Pennick can release/releave himself
"Kelso- how good will Hartman be?"

Should be really good. Will benefit from having a good OL, a stable full of backs who can run (Estime) and catch (Price, Tyree) -- and if others can contribute, and an OC who wants to push the ball downfield. May not have the overall yardage/TD's he had at WF, but if the receivers come together, this could be a really fun offense to watch.

Ski— appreciate the call out. No idea what questions you were asking me but I am into sports odds. Irish +8 home against the Buckeyes? TOO MANY!

I guess I’ll also mention what Holycrossover3 means. I went to Holy Cross before transferring into ND. My team also won bookstore basketball in 2014 and our team name was HolyCrossover. 3 was my number in football.

I have no inside knowledge with the palm reader either....But I think a couple of things: OSU's pressure will keep the ND scoring to about 28.....Two touchdown passes from Hartman....along with one long drive and running TD.....and a short drive off of an OSU turnover with another running touchdown. OSU will score three touchdowns heard around the world if you listen to the announcer touting their freshman quarterback as the next Heisman winner....plus a field goal. ND will hold a late drive by OSU , down by four.....and the clock runs out. While not earth-shattering as finishes go.....a win over OSU will then sink in....and all h e l l breaks loose. As it should. Final score: Notre Dame 28 - OSU 24.....Go Irish!

Estime will get not get over a 1000 yards cause we will be airing it out more. And we have really good change of pace backs that are going to get some big runs because of what estime brings. Jmo.

Estime will get not get over a 1000 yards cause we will be airing it out more. And we have really good change of pace backs that are going to get some big runs because of what estime brings. Jmo.
Based on an interview of the ND OC that I listened to, we disagree. That said, I also hope that Estime's number of carries is such that you may be right. ND needs a RB by committee mindset during the regular season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT