ADVERTISEMENT

The 10 Most Important Uncommitted ND Recruits in 2018

Not blaming you or saying you are wrong, just curious, does Webb say he talks to the players & say they told him? Or does he talk to the players & says he feels a certain way? Or does he say it's just his opinion?

Because those are three really different things?

The way I understand from just now hearing Webb is that "he feels" & "might" which is a lot different from the BGI staff interviewing Simon & Simon himself saying "will not." And then the BGI talking to Simon in person & then saying what they say.

Webb never says he directly talked to Simon & uses the words "might" & "maybe" instead of "will" or "will not."

So to me Webb is just giving an opinion based on others' opinions (which you or I could do like we are now) whereas the others are actually talking to Simon multiple times in person.

Agreed with Farly here. We're not trying to be at all hostile here AdvanSix, I'm loving the discussion but we've certainly hear two very different stories.

Simon said directly that he was not going to the Michigan BBQ. Both Kevin Sinclair and Pete Sampson from IrishIllustated have talked to Simon in recent weeks, including Sampson at the Opening. Shayne Simon told both of them directly that he attended Irish Invasion, then told the ND coaches he was going to visit Michigan one more time, which he did a couple weeks back. He specifically stated that he would not be at the BBQ and he had no other visits planned this summer, but that he could take an official visit or two.

That info has been confirmed by Christian McCollum at Irish Sports Daily, By Steve Wiltfong at 247 and By Cory and Dave, the two recruiting reporters on this site.

Again, I'm not questioning Sam Webb's knowledge of Michigan recruiting, I'm simply suggesting he may not be as directly tied to Simon's recruitment here as some others.

McKenzie at Safety is all Irish after his visit today.
Just has to wait until he raises his test scores in the fall before ND can accept him.

McKenzie at Safety is all Irish after his visit today.
Just has to wait until he raises his test scores in the fall before ND can accept him.

Yep. I'm actually hoping ND can get in on someone like Trey Dean instead. Mckenzie is solid. No issue with him. I just don't think he makes the group better as the 2nd safety in the class to Allen. Houston Griffith would be an excellent free safety, with Allen as a strong safety...

IMO, MacKenzie is kind of a longer term plan B in that the staff has some time because he has work to do academically and they can work on higher end prospects in the meantime. Hufanga would be a amazing. If he commits to Oregon they are going to be really deep at safety in this class. Another run at Canadian, Jevon Holland would be worth it as well. I just think know that with the quality safeties already on ND'S roster (all young) I'made not taking a 2nd safety right now in this class unless he's a definite personnel upgrade (ala Derrick Allen).

Nick Coleman (3 years)
Alohi Gillman (3 years)
Devin Studstill (3 years)
Jalen Elliott (3 years)
Jordan Genmark-Heath (4 years)
Isaiah Robertson (4 years)
Derrick Allen (4 years)

That is a lot of very talented young guys. The youngest position on the team in fact. You also have to cosnider that ND is right at the top of the list for 3 elite 2019 safeties as well, so over crowding your depth chart to add another body may not be a good idea. I 2019 singing day a long way away but both Ajavon and Williams are going to be guys ND is in it for until the end.

Reactions: TXNDFan88
Yep. I'm actually hoping ND can get in on someone like Trey Dean instead. Mckenzie is solid. No issue with him. I just don't think he makes the group better as the 2nd safety in the class to Allen. Houston Griffith would be an excellent free safety, with Allen as a strong safety...

IMO, MacKenzie is kind of a longer term plan B in that the staff has some time because he has work to do academically and they can work on higher end prospects in the meantime. Hufanga would be a amazing. If he commits to Oregon they are going to be really deep at safety in this class. Another run at Canadian, Jevon Holland would be worth it as well. I just think know that with the quality safeties already on ND'S roster (all young) I'made not taking a 2nd safety right now in this class unless he's a definite personnel upgrade (ala Derrick Allen).

Nick Coleman (3 years)
Alohi Gillman (3 years)
Devin Studstill (3 years)
Jalen Elliott (3 years)
Jordan Genmark-Heath (4 years)
Isaiah Robertson (4 years)
Derrick Allen (4 years)

That is a lot of very talented young guys. The youngest position on the team in fact. You also have to cosnider that ND is right at the top of the list for 3 elite 2019 safeties as well, so over crowding your depth chart to add another body may not be a good idea. I 2019 singing day a long way away but both Ajavon and Williams are going to be guys ND is in it for until the end.

This weekend is the visit I'm waiting to see with Burton? Some suggested he moved it up a few weeks because ND is tight with 4-5 guys & they think he wants to commit just in case?
Also, just saw a guy (from Eleven Warriors maybe?) interviewed Johnson over the weekend & gave ND his Crystal Ball today?

Burton and Johnson would be a nice tandem. It would allow you to then go out an pursue Griffith, Gordon, Cook, Jamison etc, until the bitter end. You win 9 or 10 games, return some excitement to the program and improve your defensive play under Elko, making grit an attractive option for recruits and maybe you get it on 2-3 top 150 defensive prospects late in the process and steal a couple guys late. Both Burton and Johnson can play at the next level based on their film. Will they be stellar or just "guys"? I'd say wide receiver and corner may be the hardest positions to make that determination because technique and hard work can make you a great player at those positions, even if you aren't the world's most polished player in high school. So many other intangibles come into play there which is why we see so many guys you never heard of come out of the word work and play like All Americans and wonder how the big schools never saw them. More 2-3 star receivers and corners become Foret and second day NFL Draft picks than players from probably any other position groups.

This weekend is the visit I'm waiting to see with Burton? Some suggested he moved it up a few weeks because ND is tight with 4-5 guys & they think he wants to commit just in case?
Also, just saw a guy (from Eleven Warriors maybe?) interviewed Johnson over the weekend & gave ND his Crystal Ball today?

Saw that CB from Andrew Lind at Eleven Warriors. It's interesting because he works with Andrew Ellis, who the week before put in an Iowa CB for Johnson. It's odd to see two guys from the same site split on their CB because they usually share information. Maybe Lind found out something new in his interview. Ellis had been around much longer, but Links CB is in line with the rest of the 247 guys at this point, including all the heavy hitters. Will be fun to watch unfold.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT