ADVERTISEMENT

Targeting on ND but not on the hit to Ian Book?!!

GoldCountryND

Irish Expert
Sep 8, 2018
What a gdamn joke that was. The shot Book took was absolutely lowering the helmet, launching and drilling him directly in the midsection. If they're gonna call that crap against ND then it sure as hell should have been called against V. Tech. Book got drilled and it was not a legal hit. Typical ACC officiating. And love that Herbie and Fowler don't even mention it. Is it just me or does that replay guy love to get all over ND too? He sure is adamant and fired up about reviewing any of the calls against ND.

Reactions: Quest4Twelve
I thought that was a good clean hit. But two years ago, I remember a VT guy drilling Kizer right in the head when he slid late in the game. Kizer had to leave the game for a play on what was our last drive.

What a gdamn joke that was. The shot Book took was absolutely lowering the helmet, launching and drilling him directly in the midsection. If they're gonna call that crap against ND then it sure as hell should have been called against V. Tech. Book got drilled and it was not a legal hit. Typical ACC officiating. And love that Herbie and Fowler don't even mention it. Is it just me or does that replay guy love to get all over ND too? He sure is adamant and fired up about reviewing any of the calls against ND.
I was yelling for leading with the helmet on that one.

I thought the hit on Ian was a good hit. The call on ND appeared to be a good call also IMHO. The miracle is the kid was able to take a double hit from front and back and still manage to walk away from it.

I thought that was a good clean hit. But two years ago, I remember a VT guy drilling Kizer right in the head when he slid late in the game. Kizer had to leave the game for a play on what was our last drive.

not a clean hit by any stretch.. the definition has changed and it was leading with the crown of the helmet. Should have absolutely been a penalty. What's really crazy is so much LESS has been called all year in the NFL. That would have been a flag 99/100x in the Sunday league and should have been here too.

I thought the hit on Ian was a good hit. The call on ND appeared to be a good call also IMHO. The miracle is the kid was able to take a double hit from front and back and still manage to walk away from it.
Agree toby, that hit Okwara delivered is getting called targeting 100/100 times in today’s CFB. Can’t fault the refs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT