ADVERTISEMENT

Swarbrick interested in scheduling Bama, Auburn

ND actually did play Rose-Hulman, known then as Rose Poly, in 1914. It wasn't pretty. 103-0 ND. Modest research also shows that Scranton, known earlier as St Thomas, played football from 1892-1960. In 1932, The Tommies did beat the Notre Dame"B" squad, 24-6. So, they have that going for them.

Reactions: tbonesays
Definition is easy. Were they ranked in the top 10 or top 25 when we played them or when they finished.

My point was less about the 4-6, which is true and proven, it was about the fact that a team who plays 1 top 10 team and 1 top 25 team and goes undefeated can get in. So if your goal is to play for he NT, our schedule does not help.

Definition is easy. Were they ranked in the top 10 or top 25 when we played them or when they finished.

My point was less about the 4-6, which is true and proven, it was about the fact that a team who plays 1 top 10 team and 1 top 25 team and goes undefeated can get in. So if your goal is to play for he NT, our schedule does not help.

It is not "true and proven." It is merely your way of looking at it.

I'm basing this on Iowa in 2015. Played 2 teams, one 20th the other 19th.

If they did not lose in the big 10 championship they would have been in.

So they played 1 top 10, two top 25. That seems like the formula.

Our scheduling is just silly if you want a title....We play 4-6 top teams a year....we should learn from the BCS that rewarded OK, Iowa, MSU.....its not who you play, its what your record is.....USC and Stanford are enough at 12-0...you should not play more than 1 top 10 and 2 top 25 a year...that is the secret formula. Or you can schedule what we do, have to leave your starters in almost the entire game, build no depth with late game experience and get stars way to many snaps. Just my opinion, pick 1-3 key games and the rest mid-tier

If you want to schedule a title you avoid the mid tier altogether because the decision makers only look at your final record and top two opponents. Fortunately schools have to think about season ticket packages every year instead of title runs every few years.

That's one year. You've loaded up on garbage teams early on for many years. Just like last year. Florida is okay but certainly not in the league of USC or Georgia.

Big 10 fans can't deny that you have the most BYE weeks in a season why you take on half of your conference. A team like Rutgers would lose to GVSU.

Lol, Florida is better than Georgia genius...while OSU is better than USC, so either way you are wrong again.

Have to love a delusional homer such as you spewing hilarious nonsense. Love it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT