ADVERTISEMENT

Sun Bowl Strategy

That would seem to be the underlying explanation, which is a good thing, if true.

On a different subject, I am interested to see how well KK Smith might play for ND, if we get to see him in the game. He hasn't played this year due to a shoulder injury, but apparently is now cleared to play. He is a small guy with a ton of speed. It might be a tall ask to expect much from Smith in his first game and with the second string QB, but Smith and Faison would put a lot of speed on the field at the same time.
That’s the good thing about the opt out portal Bowl games. Seeing some guys who may have been buried on a depth chart.

But with all these teams starting new QBs, it’s made for some choppy and sloppy offensive football.

Why don't the powers that be just move the transfer portal time line to January, or is this designed to destroy bowl games?
They could but in order for players to enroll for spring semester, most of which start early January it works better for the player. Otherwise they would miss spring enrollment and only start in summer and miss spring practice

"Angeli better shine brightly"

Let's all remember, Angeli also will not have full WR corps either ... Outside of Greathouse and Faison, no one has really played much all year due to various injuries (Thomas, Colzie, Salerno), and 4 have left the team (Flores, Tyree, Merriweather and James). And, Staes (TE) also left as well.

Angeli will also not have the benefit of Alt, Fisher, Correll, and Estime either ...

Will be an interesting offense for sure!
What's funny is if Angeli happens to have a good game, the detractors will say well it was against a shell of a team. 😂

Too many know it alls in this forum. They've been saying all season that Minchey is better than Angeli, yet Angeli has been ahead of Minchey on the depth chart the entire season. Will that change next year? maybe, maybe not.

I would agree with @hvillebill but in this specific instance, we can probably do whatever we want as OSU is going to be left with a shell of a team due to transfers and one punishment for a DUI for their future NFL running back.
Not on defense. Their defense is still basically in place. Nobody on our offensive line has started more than two games. I hope Angeli is ready to take off -- I hope his audition goes well. Love the kid but with Riley coming in and CJ already getting rave reviews in bowl practice, I expect him to hit the portal.

But I hope he plays like Miller Moss!

What's funny is if Angeli happens to have a good game, the detractors will say well it was against a shell of a team. 😂

Too many know it alls in this forum. They've been saying all season that Minchey is better than Angeli, yet Angeli has been ahead of Minchey on the depth chart the entire season. Will that change next year? maybe, maybe not.
Who is "...they've been saying????"

That’s the good thing about the opt out portal Bowl games. Seeing some guys who may have been buried on a depth chart.

But with all these teams starting new QBs, it’s made for some choppy and sloppy offensive football.
That's the bad thing about the bailing out system
Depending on some new guy that's done little on the field to help you end your season/career with a victory

I have had a very busy holiday season I didn't realize Hartman was not playing. That's not good. Hopefully we prevail anyways. They don't have their starting QB either but the back up is decent.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Not on defense. Their defense is still basically in place. Nobody on our offensive line has started more than two games. I hope Angeli is ready to take off -- I hope his audition goes well. Love the kid but with Riley coming in and CJ already getting rave reviews in bowl practice, I expect him to hit the portal.

But I hope he plays like Miller Moss!
Their defense wasn’t really a strength of theirs anyway. I was honestly very surprised that the opening line was 7.5 and then it dropped to 6.5 and then 6 in some places, which was really confusing because I’m not sure why money was coming in on Oregon State; we may have missing players, but they have more missing players.

Their defense wasn’t really a strength of theirs anyway. I was honestly very surprised that the opening line was 7.5 and then it dropped to 6.5 and then 6 in some places, which was really confusing because I’m not sure why money was coming in on Oregon State; we may have missing players, but they have more missing players.
I think there's alot of guessing with so many original parts missing

Reactions: notredamerises23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT