ADVERTISEMENT

Stepp and Kelly and Father Jenkins r why we will always be average

You are so sad to accept the things going on and not care Look around. Does it justify your blindness to criticize my opinion?

This is my team. You don’t get to hope it’s not but you can go beg for free stuff
Ouch!

Exhibit 5. Who gives a crap what u think? You accept mediocrity and think our great university could have grown to its present notoriety and scope without the early years of Rockne

Throwing that word around “mediocre”

Defined as “Not good” “about average.”

If those two phrases are the current of ND state in your mind, you’re gonna bitch the next time we win a national championship because we didn’t win by enough....

So tired of this garbage

Exhibit 1
Stepp should and countless others should be Irish. It is contrary to core principles of education to cherry pick athletes based on grades. Males mature late. They need an opportunity to grow and achieve. Jenkins denies recruits that opportunity. There must be exceptions for football recruits. If they can’t pass then dismiss them. But give them the chance to learn.
Imagine ND without Zurich, Ricky Waters and countless others who would never be accepted today. It’s bs. it’s wrong. And hypocritical. We are a football school. Anything else -/ and there is a lot of equity —. Has been accomplished on the foundation of football excellence.

Exhibit 2
Kelly will always suck. Our loss to FSU in Orlando Champ bowl, our loss to UGA weeks ago and our performance against usc are all examples of second half plan screwups by Kelly. We should have lost to USC We were that bad on coaching. Helton was better than Kelly. Let that sink in

Calling off the rush n giving a qb time to throw is typical Kelly. Buffoon

Exhibit 3

Father Jenkins is a wuss, a liberal WOKE masquerading as our President. Giving up our W’s from 2012, waffling on the Columbus murals in the Admin building, making it difficult for recruits to get accepted—. All signs of spineless leadership

He is an enabler if mediocrity

Kelly’s responsible for us being 8. A good coach would have us at 3-4

Lol. Maybe you should find a new school to cheer for? It seems like you really dont like Notre Dame and really dont understand it.

Reactions: Pennick4
Incorrect! I know the family and this is just not true. Markese worked his tail off to attend Notre Dame and it just didn't work out. Leave it at that!
I don't know the family and he didn't put in the effort! ND gave him every chance. They wanted him in the class.

We are ND fans who care deeply about the school and the football program and don’t bs themselves by thinking all the great things ND has become would have happened to the extent they did without football

My definition of average is no (2012 wins taken away) undefeated season until 2018, losing bowl games regularly, and participating in a sport with our heads in the sand (academic restrictions), with a very good head coach who is not good enough to take us to the top

I ask you again, what’s your definition of average?

Notre Dame is 26-4 in its last 30 games. That’s the program’s best 30-game stretch since a 30-game run that started midway through the ’91 season and ended with the win over Florida State in ’93.

Does this sound average???

Reactions: DublinND

Notre Dame is 26-4 in its last 30 games. That’s the program’s best 30-game stretch since a 30-game run that started midway through the ’91 season and ended with the win over Florida State in ’93.

Nothing average about our current state, the question people should be asking is how do you sustain and continue the foundation Brian Kelly has implemented rebuilding this program...

No u r wrong. While what you say is true it is only true because football enabled a tiny school in Indiana to grow. There is much to be proud of. Football saved this university. Ie
National recognition. And Navy subsidy during war years. Without that- toast
Are you really this confused? This has to be deliberate!

I keep asking myself why I come back. Mainly out of boredom, I guess, because the quality of the discussions has been getting worse and worse year after year. Just endless attacks on everything from the quality of the uniforms to the requirements for admission and everything in between with most threads disintegrating into personal pissing matches.
We come back for the same reason we turn and look in bumper to bumper traffic when we pass the accident ... it’s a human reaction even if logic and good sense says don’t look.

with all the politics, the parents, shanagans, the characters and the TV conference alliance’s and the-inter and intra fighting among fans, it all takes some of the ole joy and interest out of college football - for older fans I guess. For the younger fans, it is all they know.
I do follow things less and less each year.

Reactions: T-bob75
So tired of this garbage

Exhibit 1
Stepp should and countless others should be Irish. It is contrary to core principles of education to cherry pick athletes based on grades. Males mature late. They need an opportunity to grow and achieve. Jenkins denies recruits that opportunity. There must be exceptions for football recruits. If they can’t pass then dismiss them. But give them the chance to learn.
Imagine ND without Zurich, Ricky Waters and countless others who would never be accepted today. It’s bs. it’s wrong. And hypocritical. We are a football school. Anything else -/ and there is a lot of equity —. Has been accomplished on the foundation of football excellence.

Exhibit 2
Kelly will always suck. Our loss to FSU in Orlando Champ bowl, our loss to UGA weeks ago and our performance against usc are all examples of second half plan screwups by Kelly. We should have lost to USC We were that bad on coaching. Helton was better than Kelly. Let that sink in

Exhibit 3

Father Jenkins is a wuss, a liberal WOKE masquerading as our President. Giving up our W’s from 2012, waffling on the Columbus murals in the Admin building, making it difficult for recruits to get accepted—. All signs of spineless leadership

Go away.. please

This is correct IN a fairytale world.

ND is a worldwide brand because of football.

There are more people in this world when they hear the title Notre Dame think football than those that think oooohhhh Law School.

Or hear the title Notre Dame and say wow their business school is off the charts.

Yes there are many who have no clue what football is but there are many many many more times over that amount that associate Notre Dame and Anerican tackle football.

You may not like that and it goes against your hallmark beliefs but regardless that's just the fact of it all.

Notre Dame is the bag and the chips but it's more because of football reputation than scholastics.
Another idiotic post, that proves your lack of knowledge about what ND is, and what it stands for

How many top wins were in that nineties span and how many in the current one you are so excited about?

Well, I agree Stepp should’ve been let in but to state we are a football school is bull shit. Football has little to do with ND. To think otherwise means you haven’t attended school here. There are a lot of people at ND that don’t even attend games. ND is a top ranked university. ND would thrive without football. ND’s presence is worldwide. There are thousands of students, hundreds of other athletes. ND has alums that make an impact on every sector of the American economy. ND is worth billions. They have a top ranked business school, great law school, and attract undergraduates that have no idea how to play football from around the globe. Football is what some ND students watch for leisure after they do important shit all week.
This was so apparent to me when 10 minutes from the beginning of yesterdays game I'm going to the gate and in the student center was dozens of students working in some type of computer lab completely unaware of 80k people outside the window studying on a Saturday night!

How many top wins were in that nineties span and how many in the current one you are so excited about?

The team is playing its best football since 1993, recruiting consistently trending up suggesting better things on the horizon and you are miserable.

I’m not going to apologize for being “excited” about consecutive victories over a national powerhouse and rival that had been destroying us for a decade. I’m sorry you can’t enjoy it as well, but that’s on you.

This was so apparent to me when 10 minutes from the beginning of yesterdays game I'm going to the gate and in the student center was dozens of students working in some type of computer lab completely unaware of 80k people outside the window studying on a Saturday night!

there were 80k people studying outside the window? they should find classrooms or libraries!

So tired of this garbage

Exhibit 1

Exhibit 2

Exhibit 3

You’re gonna drive yourself to ulcers. If BK was @ ND in 1985, he would be long gone. CFP along with ND has changed big time. ND is not and cannot in this landscape string along 3 or 4 number 1 classes like Lou did. The Irish are winning! Enjoy the wins or don’t take it so seriously like yours truly. I saw about 4 plays last night. I watched my beloved Yanks. By the way the team is better then average. Consistently top 15 under BK.

Reactions: theskibro and d1042
I come here partly out of boredom and also ingrained habit. I thought there would be some criticism of the coaching decisions last night. Which is entirely expected and to some degree warranted. But I never anticipated a deluge of Kelly sucks and ND football is mediocre following a win over USC and a # 8 National ranking. I don't know what got into the water here but this perpetual negativity even when things objectively are going quite well really takes the fun out of following ND on here

Well said, DublinND. I quit going on the ND Nation board because the negativity over there about ND's program is palpable most of the time. What was Spiro Agnew's famous alliteration about the press: "nattering nabobs of negativism"? That pretty much sums up NDN most of the time. Sadly, there are too many posters here that seem to be of the same stripe. Can't people just enjoy a nice win over our biggest rival? Did we play our best game? No, but we played well enough to win, and in the final analysis that is what counts. When Clemson foiled North Carolina's 2-point conversion attempt at the end of their recent game and spoiled NC's attempt at an upset, did anyone watch the Clemson players? There was unbridled joy on their sidelines. They were happy! They weren't moping around and lamenting, "Yeah, we won, but we were 3 TD favorites, so who cares." You play to win the game. We beat USC. I'm happy about that. Yes, I hope the coaching staff can clean up some of the mistakes we made before the next game, but the fact that we didn't play a perfect game doesn't diminish the joy I have about winning the game. Not in the least bit.

there were 80k people studying outside the window? they should find classrooms or libraries!
If you ever come to ND for a game, they did this 400 million dollar "cross roads" renovation to the stadium. It included a lot of class rooms/labs attached to the stadium. So yes, students were studying in class rooms before/during/and after the game right at the stadium.

Most of those responding here have seen the evolution of Ski’s posts over the past few years. Ski has been supportive of Kelly and acknowledged the program improvements on numerous occasions, but his support has waned with each passing butt kicking in games of critical importance. I believe he flipped to viewing Kelly in this somewhat negative light after the Miami deer in the lights butt whipping we took before a large national audience. Yes, the program is on solid footing, and yes we are making huge gains in the quality and depth of our players, and yes we have a great two year record and outstanding home game winning streak. Kelly has brought us to this point where we now expect a top ten ranking, with reasonable expectations for a shot at playing in the NC playoffs. To me, that is success and hardly the stuff of average. However, there’s no denying that we are a step behind the elite programs/ football factories, and the kind of sentiments expressed by FANS like Ski will warrant discussion until we at least win a playoff game and really compete for a championship.

Exhibit 5. Who gives a crap what u think? You accept mediocrity and think our great university could have grown to its present notoriety and scope without the early years of Rockne
Have you even stepped foot on ND's campus? You act like you know what's best for ND yet you clearly don't understand what it means to be a Notre Dame man.

Most of those responding here have seen the evolution of Ski’s posts over the past few years. Ski has been supportive of Kelly and acknowledged the program improvements on numerous occasions, but his support has waned with each passing butt kicking in games of critical importance. I believe he flipped to viewing Kelly in this somewhat negative light after the Miami deer in the lights butt whipping we took before a large national audience. Yes, the program is on solid footing, and yes we are making huge gains in the quality and depth of our players, and yes we have a great two year record and outstanding home game winning streak. Kelly has brought us to this point where we now expect a top ten ranking, with reasonable expectations for a shot at playing in the NC playoffs. To me, that is success and hardly the stuff of average. However, there’s no denying that we are a step behind the elite programs/ football factories, and the kind of sentiments expressed by FANS like Ski will warrant discussion until we at least win a playoff game and really compete for a championship.

Nice post. Gotta enjoy the wins though. I think back to the Cuse game on senior day. That was a low point. BK has the program where the Irish are winning the game that we're favored to win. You will drive yourself to insanity to think ND football is gonna be on equal footing with Bama, Clemson, Ohio St. Most teams cannot compete with them.

Yes, we are a step behind elite programs. With the current criteria we probably will be with occasional shots at a NC. We are who we are, we are not going to dumb down and create degree's just for football players like those elite schools so we can skirt the NCAA grade requirements. Do you know Alabama has credited classes in college footballs studies lol. No joke. Those kids might actually come out of school dumber then they went in. Oh, and many of those schools don't even require them to come into class, just online. This is the SEC's list of Most Popular Academic Majors:

1. Sport management: 96
  2. General/interdisciplinary/university studies: 87
  3. Kinesiology: 65
  4. Sociology/social and behavioral sciences: 56
  5. Communication: 42
  6. Liberal arts (enrolled in school): 39
  7. Human science and education: 36
  8. Education: 34
  9. Criminology/criminal justice: 32
  10. Management: 31

We are a football school. Anything else -/ and there is a lot of equity —. Has been accomplished on the foundation of football excellence.

What?? Please tell me you didn’t graduate from Notre Dame. No, we’re not a “football school”; anyone who has ever attended this university knows that. People who have never set foot on campus should also know that.

Exhibit 2
Kelly will always suck.

typical Kelly. Buffoon

So...Kelly cannot get the recruits the top schools get because his hands are tied, BUT it’s also his fault for not beating the teams that DO get those recruits? Pick a position.

Reactions: Riverside Irish
This is correct IN a fairytale world.

ND is a worldwide brand because of football.

There are more people in this world when they hear the title Notre Dame think football than those that think oooohhhh Law School.

Or hear the title Notre Dame and say wow their business school is off the charts.

Yes there are many who have no clue what football is but there are many many many more times over that amount that associate Notre Dame and Anerican tackle football.

You may not like that and it goes against your hallmark beliefs but regardless that's just the fact of it all.

Notre Dame is the bag and the chips but it's more because of football reputation than scholastics.

Another person who never attended the university telling people what made the university what it is. Notre Dame is an international brand due to its connection with the Catholic Church first and foremost. 99% of the word doesn’t care at all about American football, but they recognize that a JD or MBA from Notre Dame means something. Football didn’t make the university.

Another person who never attended the university telling people what made the university what it is. Notre Dame is an international brand due to its connection with the Catholic Church first and foremost. 99% of the word doesn’t care at all about American football, but they recognize that a JD or MBA from Notre Dame means something. Football didn’t make the university.

You don’t think Football played a part with making ND a well known school? I think ND being a Catholic School coupled with being a powerhouse football program made ND. Why is it that ND plays Navy.

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111
You don’t think Football played a part with making ND a well known school? I think ND being a Catholic School coupled with being a powerhouse football program made ND. Why is it that ND plays Navy.

It helped, but it didn’t make the university what it is which is what the op said. ND is not “a football school.”

Last edited:
You’re dead wrong !

When people hear “Notre Dame” they think of one of the top academic universities in the country, and one of the top football programs and football traditions in the country.
Sorry sir...

But you're the one who's wrong.

Just like your breakdown of QB play...

Yes ND has a great academic rep.... But I promise there are more people in the world that when they hear Notre Dame they think college football.

It's a name synonymous with football worldwide. The New York Yankees
Vince Lombardi
Paul Bear Bryant
Knute Rockne
Pop Warner
Super Bowl
World Series
Stanley Cup

These are all names and people immediately think of the sport they represent.

Notre Dame is no different.

While there are many people who think of it as a fine educational university, and it is, there are many many many more that think football across the globe.

Here's the point. What does it matter?

They aren't IVY league. Not even Partriot league.

They make so much money from their football brand name what's the problem?

Did ND the school look like shit because Chris Zorich was able to attend? Tony Rice?

I don't know about you but the university loves a good Rudy story, no? Yet apparently these days you can only attend if you're part of the south side soc clique because they just aren't accepting
Pony Boy Curtis any longer.

WTFE

Well, I agree Stepp should’ve been let in but to state we are a football school is bull shit. Football has little to do with ND. To think otherwise means you haven’t attended school here. There are a lot of people at ND that don’t even attend games. ND is a top ranked university. ND would thrive without football. ND’s presence is worldwide. There are thousands of students, hundreds of other athletes. ND has alums that make an impact on every sector of the American economy. ND is worth billions. They have a top ranked business school, great law school, and attract undergraduates that have no idea how to play football from around the globe. Football is what some ND students watch for leisure after they do important shit all week.
o_O

Without the success of Notre Dame football, most would have no idea where the school is even located. The football success bought those murals, recognition, and the right to play the holier than thou card that this fanbase loves so much.

The fact is that Notre Dame is a great school in comparison to like Ohio State. When you start comparing to like Stanford and Northwestern they aren't quite on that level. That said, I'll never understand people poo pooing the success of the football team to plead this "we're Harvard and you're not" rhetoric. It's laughable but I guess it's all we have considering we haven't sniffed a title since the 80s.

Another idiotic post, that proves your lack of knowledge about what ND is, and what it stands for
More holier than thou bs that continues to plague this board, and more importantly this once great program.

Last edited:
Reactions: 88ND
Oh cry a river.

I forgot more about this place in my left knee than you would ever THINK you know.

When you are successful at something people associate you with what you're successful for. No matter how much that might confuse you....you're just going to have to trust me that's the way it is.

What I find so ridiculously asinine is you actually act like that's a bad thing.

As if you can't be both? As if being revered globally in football makes ND a "cheap university " scholastically or somehow diminishes it's law studies.

The university loves cashing all those football revenue checks so they can have some of the top academic studies in the country via equipment, facilities, faculty et al.

One final note...
In case you didn't know or don't want to believe but for the last 35 years sports have taken to not only main stream but they're the ultimate stream.

Sport is everywhere. It's promoted, bought and sold more globally than any common sense could fathom.

Just remember NBC didn't give Notre Dame a fat check for exclusive home game broadcast rights because they've a real solid mechanical engineering program.

It helped, but it didn’t make the unviverity what it is which is what the op said. ND is not “a football school.”

ND is done without Navy. DONE. You may have your nose up @ the football program now but they were very much needed. BTW I have no expectations as the great Rolling Stones song says. The school is much harder now compared to Lou’s days.

o_O

Without the success of Notre Dame football, most would have no idea where the school is even located. The football success bought those murals, recognition, and the right to play the holier than thou card that this fanbase loves so much.

The fact is that Notre Dame is a great school in comparison to like Ohio State. When you start comparing to like Stanford and Northwestern they aren't quite on that level. That said, I'll never understand people poo pooing the success of the football team to plead this "we're Harvard and you're not" rhetoric. It's laughable but I guess it's all we have considering we haven't sniffed a title since the 80s.
Oh that's the best isnt it.

The elitist attitude followed up with this we're just like Ivy League schools arrogance ........

But they're not in reality. Not even Patriot league to be truthful.

Better than say West Virginia? Sure

Stanford? No!

MIT? Yale, Harvard ? Nope.

Just don't tell any of the hardcore elitist fanatics.

Oh that's the best isnt it.

The elitist attitude followed up with this we're just like Ivy League schools arrogance ........

But they're not in reality. Not even Patriot league to be truthful.

Better than say West Virginia? Sure

Stanford? No!

MIT? Yale, Harvard ? Nope.

Just don't tell any of the hardcore elitist fanatics.
I think it's literally just an excuse for when we lose a game. Like calling Clemson's players stupid in order to justify the 30-3 ***beating they gave us.

Reactions: 88ND
I think it's literally just an excuse for when we lose a game. Like calling Clemson's players stupid in order to justify the 30-3 ***beating they gave us.
Absolutely!!!

Yet somehow our allegedly intellectually superior student athletes can't seem to grasp a simple snap count and cadence without false starting. Repeatedly.

That's rich

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Nice post. Gotta enjoy the wins though. I think back to the Cuse game on senior day. That was a low point. BK has the program where the Irish are winning the game that we're favored to win. You will drive yourself to insanity to think ND football is gonna be on equal footing with Bama, Clemson, Ohio St. Most teams cannot compete with them.
Yea, I agree. That’s why last nights game bugged the hell out of me while watching, but quickly turned to cause for celebrating the W at game’s end.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT