ADVERTISEMENT

Stepp and Kelly and Father Jenkins r why we will always be average

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
So tired of this garbage

Exhibit 1
Stepp should and countless others should be Irish. It is contrary to core principles of education to cherry pick athletes based on grades. Males mature late. They need an opportunity to grow and achieve. Jenkins denies recruits that opportunity. There must be exceptions for football recruits. If they can’t pass then dismiss them. But give them the chance to learn.
Imagine ND without Zurich, Ricky Waters and countless others who would never be accepted today. It’s bs. it’s wrong. And hypocritical. We are a football school. Anything else -/ and there is a lot of equity —. Has been accomplished on the foundation of football excellence.

Exhibit 2
Kelly will always suck. Our loss to FSU in Orlando Champ bowl, our loss to UGA weeks ago and our performance against usc are all examples of second half plan screwups by Kelly. We should have lost to USC We were that bad on coaching. Helton was better than Kelly. Let that sink in

Calling off the rush n giving a qb time to throw is typical Kelly. Buffoon

Exhibit 3

Father Jenkins is a wuss, a liberal WOKE masquerading as our President. Giving up our W’s from 2012, waffling on the Columbus murals in the Admin building, making it difficult for recruits to get accepted—. All signs of spineless leadership

He is an enabler if mediocrity

Kelly’s responsible for us being 8. A good coach would have us at 3-4

So tired of this garbage

Exhibit 1
Stepp should and countless others should be Irish. It is contrary to core principles of education to cherry pick athletes based on grades. Males mature late. They need an opportunity to grow and achieve. Jenkins denies recruits that opportunity. There must be exceptions for football recruits. If they can’t pass then dismiss them. But give them the chance to learn.
Imagine ND without Zurich, Ricky Waters and countless others who would never be accepted today. It’s bs. it’s wrong. And hypocritical. We are a football school. Anything else -/ and there is a lot of equity —. Has been accomplished on the foundation of football excellence.

Exhibit 2
Kelly will always suck. Our loss to FSU in Orlando Champ bowl, our loss to UGA weeks ago and our performance against usc are all examples of second half plan screwups by Kelly. We should have lost to USC We were that bad on coaching. Helton was better than Kelly. Let that sink in

Exhibit 3

Father Jenkins is a wuss, a liberal WOKE masquerading as our President. Giving up our W’s from 2012, waffling on the Columbus murals in the Admin building, making it difficult for recruits to get accepted—. All signs of spineless leadership

You should know better than speaking the truth on this message board!

This is the sunshine pumping, establishment propaganda board! Here we celebrate thirty years without a national championship and a Heisman trophy and blame all losses on weather and academics.

Now put your blinders on and stop causing problems by exposing the bill of goods we’ve been served by the corrupt ND establishment.

Last edited:
So tired of this garbage

Exhibit 1

Exhibit 2

Exhibit 3

You got to be kidding me with this... some of the stuff being posted on here after a quality win over a rival is idiotic and bordering on vile. Your post is singularly the most deranged and misplaced commentary I've read today. And based on some of what I've read that's quite the distinction. Why do some of you follow ND football? Is it to be perpetually pissed off whether ND wins or loses? A win over USC was too close so that ignites further meltdowns. Good God Almighty this board is becoming toxic and unreadable

This is the sunshine pumping, establishment propaganda board! Here we celebrate thirty years without a national championship and a Heisman trophy and in blame all losses on weather and academics.

Now put your blinders on and stop causing problems by exposing the bill of goods we’ve been served by the corrupt ND establishment.
Thanks for your contributions

I'm dumber for just having read that ND diatribe. Sounds like you do t find much good regarding the program. If you're "so tired of this garbage" then perhaps you should find another program to follow.

Well, I agree Stepp should’ve been let in but to state we are a football school is bull shit. Football has little to do with ND. To think otherwise means you haven’t attended school here. There are a lot of people at ND that don’t even attend games. ND is a top ranked university. ND would thrive without football. ND’s presence is worldwide. There are thousands of students, hundreds of other athletes. ND has alums that make an impact on every sector of the American economy. ND is worth billions. They have a top ranked business school, great law school, and attract undergraduates that have no idea how to play football from around the globe. Football is what some ND students watch for leisure after they do important shit all week.

Bro, even I said Stepp woulda looked great in Blue an Gold last night......

Y’all acting like he’s Dexter Williams or CJ Procise...

Kids a solid back....

However as bare as they have been at RB , he barely has over 300 yards on his entire career at SC to this point.........

So tired of this garbage

Exhibit 1

Exhibit 2

Exhibit 3

This is simply pathetic. Why be an ND fan? Clearly the program and university aren’t in alignment with what you want.

So tired of this garbage

Exhibit 1

Exhibit 2

Exhibit 3

2 out of 3 in exhibit # 3 are reasonable criticisms.

Advocating for ND to lower their academic standards in order to accept a skilled athlete who’s not qualified as a student is dead wrong.

That’s called maintaining your integrity !

Reactions: Irishjohn68
You got to be kidding me with this... some of the stuff being posted on here after a quality win over a rival is idiotic and bordering on vile. Your post is singularly the most deranged and misplaced commentary I've read today. And based on some of what I've read that's quite the distinction. Why do some of you follow ND football? Is it to be perpetually pissed off whether ND wins or loses? A win over USC was too close so that ignites further meltdowns. Good God Almighty this board is becoming toxic and unreadable

I keep asking myself why I come back. Mainly out of boredom, I guess, because the quality of the discussions has been getting worse and worse year after year. Just endless attacks on everything from the quality of the uniforms to the requirements for admission and everything in between with most threads disintegrating into personal pissing matches.

ski

can’t help you out on this one.
ND is about as high as possible given the academic restraints.

This is the sunshine pumping, establishment propaganda board! Here we celebrate thirty years without a national championship and a Heisman trophy and in blame all losses on weather and academics.

The TRUTH is ND is ranked 8th, was in the CFP last year & finished top 5.
ND is 17-2 the last two seasons & currently has the #1 class in 2021.

Thats the truth.

You are butt hurt ND is successful. Truth.

Reactions: Pennick4
Sorry, I did not read beyond “Why we will always be average”

1. Why do you say we?

2. What’s your definition of average?

I know, right?

ND is on track to finishing top 5 for the first time since 88/89 & people are mad?

Well, I agree Stepp should’ve been let in but to state we are a football school is bull shit. Football has little to do with ND. To think otherwise means you haven’t attended school here. There are a lot of people at ND that don’t even attend games. ND is a top ranked university. ND would thrive without football. ND’s presence is worldwide. There are thousands of students, hundreds of other athletes. ND has alums that make an impact on every sector of the American economy. ND is worth billions. They have a top ranked business school, great law school, and attract undergraduates that have no idea how to play football from around the globe. Football is what some ND students watch for leisure after they do important shit all week.
This is correct IN a fairytale world.

ND is a worldwide brand because of football.

There are more people in this world when they hear the title Notre Dame think football than those that think oooohhhh Law School.

Or hear the title Notre Dame and say wow their business school is off the charts.

Yes there are many who have no clue what football is but there are many many many more times over that amount that associate Notre Dame and Anerican tackle football.

You may not like that and it goes against your hallmark beliefs but regardless that's just the fact of it all.

Notre Dame is the bag and the chips but it's more because of football reputation than scholastics.

2 out of 3 in exhibit # 3 are reasonable criticisms.

Advocating for ND to lower their academic standards in order to accept a skilled athlete who’s not qualified as a student is dead wrong.

That’s called maintaining your integrity !

No it’s not , you can maintain your integrity and recognize a brilliant young mind in a shitty environment all the time

There are more people in this world when they hear the title Notre Dame think football than those that think oooohhhh Law School.

Or hear the title Notre Dame and say wow their business school is off the charts.

Yes there are many who have no clue what football is but there are many many many more times over that amount that associate Notre Dame and Anerican tackle football.

You may not like that and it goes against your hallmark beliefs but regardless that's just the fact of it all.

Notre Dame is the bag and the chips but it's more because of football reputation than scholastics.

Nd is a worldwide brand because it’s affiliated with the Catholic Church and multiple world renowned universities and institutions of higher education have connections to ND abroad .... people outside the US don’t give a **** about American Football...

Reactions: notredamerises23
No it’s not , you can maintain your integrity and recognize a brilliant young mind in a shitty environment all the time

Nd is a worldwide brand because it’s affiliated with the Catholic Church and multiple world renowned universities and institutions of higher education have connections to ND abroad .... people outside the US don’t give a **** about American Football...

A shitty environment?

Stepp went to Cathedral HS. A private, Catholic, Prestigious HS that went out of their way to help him get into ND. He comes from an excellent family & had a privileged upbringing.

He flat out failed courses he needed to pass to get into ND. I know him & his family, along with most of the teachers at Cathedral. He screwed the pooch, it isn’t a secret.

Reactions: Mick Killme

You’re dead wrong !

When people hear “Notre Dame” they think of one of the top academic universities in the country, and one of the top football programs and football traditions in the country.

A shitty environment?

Stepp went to Cathedral HS. A private, Catholic, Prestigious HS that went out of their way to help him get into ND. He comes from an excellent family & had a privileged upbringing.

He flat out failed courses he needed to pass to get into ND. I know him & his family, along with most of the teachers at Cathedral. He screwed the pooch, it isn’t a secret.
A shitty environment?

To be clear.

I wasn’t speaking about Stepp in reference to that...

I keep asking myself why I come back. Mainly out of boredom, I guess, because the quality of the discussions has been getting worse and worse year after year. Just endless attacks on everything from the quality of the uniforms to the requirements for admission and everything in between with most threads disintegrating into personal pissing matches.
I come here partly out of boredom and also ingrained habit. I thought there would be some criticism of the coaching decisions last night. Which is entirely expected and to some degree warranted. But I never anticipated a deluge of Kelly sucks and ND football is mediocre following a win over USC and a # 8 National ranking. I don't know what got into the water here but this perpetual negativity even when things objectively are going quite well really takes the fun out of following ND on here

So tired of this garbage

Exhibit 1

Exhibit 2

Exhibit 3

you do know right that we are on pace to win 10 plus games for a third year in a row which very few teams can claim right now

So tired of this garbage

Exhibit 1

Exhibit 2

Exhibit 3

Someone's either off their meds completely or messed up the dosage.

And yet you guys still watch. Who's the fool ?

Stepp new exactly what he needed to do and he did not give the effort. His loss.
Incorrect! I know the family and this is just not true. Markese worked his tail off to attend Notre Dame and it just didn't work out. Leave it at that!

Reactions: theskibro
So tired of this garbage

Exhibit 1

Exhibit 2

Exhibit 3

What kind of pathetic life do you lead that makes you write stupid things like this? We beg you to find a different team to root for.

Reactions: hvillebill
Bro, even I said Stepp woulda looked great in Blue an Gold last night......

Y’all acting like he’s Dexter Williams or CJ Procise...

Kids a solid back....

However as bare as they have been at RB , he barely has over 300 yards on his entire career at SC to this point.........
Agree. But I’d like to have him

Reactions: valianted25
I'm dumber for just having read that ND diatribe. Sounds like you do t find much good regarding the program. If you're "so tired of this garbage" then perhaps you should find another program to follow.
Lame. Clearly I care You accept crap

Sorry, I did not read beyond “Why we will always be average”

1. Why do you say we?

2. What’s your definition of average?

We are ND fans who care deeply about the school and the football program and don’t bs themselves by thinking all the great things ND has become would have happened to the extent they did without football

My definition of average is no (2012 wins taken away) undefeated season until 2018, losing bowl games regularly, and participating in a sport with our heads in the sand (academic restrictions), with a very good head coach who is not good enough to take us to the top

You’re dead wrong !

When people hear “Notre Dame” they think of one of the top academic universities in the country, and one of the top football programs and football traditions in the country.
No u r wrong. While what you say is true it is only true because football enabled a tiny school in Indiana to grow. There is much to be proud of. Football saved this university. Ie
National recognition. And Navy subsidy during war years. Without that- toast

you do know right that we are on pace to win 10 plus games for a third year in a row which very few teams can claim right now
Yes. And it is hard to win. And Kelly is a good coach. And we could do better if we addressed my points. And we could do worse

Reactions: 88ND
What kind of pathetic life do you lead that makes you write stupid things like this? We beg you to find a different team to root for.
You are so sad to accept the things going on and not care Look around. Does it justify your blindness to criticize my opinion?

This is my team. You don’t get to hope it’s not but you can go beg for free stuff

ADVERTISEMENT