ADVERTISEMENT

So is anyone going to talk about the actual football team?

Not true, he had college coaching experience at the University of South Carolins.

He has four (4) Super Bowl rings

XXV
XXXVI
XXXVIII
XXXIX
That's why I said basically no college experience. That was 17 years before he came back and he was only an assistant. So he basically had no college experience and it was long before he got the job.

3 SB rings as OC. You said he had 4 as OC. Only 3

Reactions: BGI User 756
CW has four (4) Super Bowl rings, that’s irrefutable !

Those are incredible credentials by any metric !
He had good experience for the NFL. But he didn't have the right experience to be a college head coach.

CW has four (4) Super Bowl rings, that’s irrefutable !

Those are incredible credentials by any metric !
For an nfl coach, absolutely.

For a cfb HC, not so much

And 3 as OC like I said. You said he had 4 as OC. You were wrong

For an nfl coach, absolutely.

For a cfb HC, not so much

And 3 as OC like I said. You said he had 4 as OC. You were wrong
And you said that he had 3 Super Bowl rings not 4, so you were wrong !

Yeah for the nfl no doubt

But coaching in college is different than coaching in the nfl. He basically had zero college experience coming into coaching at Notre Dame. That was a mistake

And he had 3, not 4
FOUR SUPER BOWL RINGS, NOT THREE !

YOU WERE WRONG !

He
I said 3 because you were referring to how many he had as OC.

You were wrong again. It's okay
You stated “3”

You don’t need to cover your tracks by telling us your supposed motives, the fact is that you typed “he had 3 not 4”.

He has four. (4) Super Bowl rings and I cited each game.

He

You stated “3”

You don’t need to cover your tracks by telling us your supposed motives, the fact is that you typed “he had 3 not 4”.

He has four. (4) Super Bowl rings and I cited each game.
Yep. Responding to your post saying he had 4 SBs as OC.

You were wrong. He had 3. I pointed it out. It's okay to be wrong.

The fact remains he had 3 as OC, not 4 as OC like you stated.

You can dance around it any way you want. It's irrelevant

He barely had any college experience. He had a great resume for an NFl job, not a college one

Yep. Responding to your post saying he had 4 SBs as OC.

You were wrong. He had 3. I pointed it out. It's okay to be wrong.

The fact remains he had 3 as OC, not 4 as OC like you stated.

You can dance around it any way you want. It's irrelevant

He barely had any college experience. He had a great resume for an NFl job, not a college one
Agree. He was a good NFL OC but he sucked as a college head coach.

My God, you really can’t read. He said 3 at New England, four if you count the Giants win, that’s 4.
You’re the moron who can’t read, I quoted him, he said, “and he had 3, not 4”.
And he never qualified that statement and limited it to the Patriots.
it was only after my challenge when he corrected his statement

I cited each Super Bowl that CW won by listing their Roman Numerals, I was crystal clear.

You are beyond stupid and sadly, there is no cure for stupid.

You’re the moron who can’t read, I quoted him, he said, “and he had 3, not 4”.
And he never qualified that statement and limited it to the Patriots.
it was only after my challenge when he corrected his statement

I cited each Super Bowl that CW won by listing their Roman Numerals, I was crystal clear.

You are beyond stupid and sadly, there is no cure for stupid.
Your first post said 4 as OC

That is what I responded to.

Its okay to admit you were wrong

Your first post said 4 as OC

That is what I responded to.

Its okay to admit you were wrong
i can only rely on what you type, and you typed that he won 3 not 4, without any clarification.

Since you and the liar want to nit pick me, you shouldn’t object to being nit picked by me !

i can only rely on what you type, and you typed that he won 3 not 4, without any clarification.

Since you and the liar want to nit pick me, you shouldn’t object to being nit picked by me !
We all know you were wrong, you can nitpick all you want

And we all know that you were wrong, so you can nitpick all you want !
Yeah let's do a little count to see who thinks who was wrong. So far everyone says its you.

You're really getting worse in your old age. This last week has been an embarassment for you.

Almost as bad as when you thought you knew that JS would never pick MF as HC. That was a rough one

Why is it that others understand what Golson posted yet you can not?

Yeah let's do a little count to see who thinks who was wrong. So far everyone says its you.

You're really getting worse in your old age. This last week has been an embarassment for you.

Almost as bad as when you thought you knew that JS would never pick MF as HC. That was a rough one
Me is one, I know he is wrong. Patricia‘s real dumbass.

Good, I'm glad you feel that way, I agree. Especially based on what we've already seen, not just his HS pedigree. He looked good as a true frosh, and not dubious. Now if we could just pick up a couple of WRs in the portal, we'll be ready......

The fact that he was so good right out of the box with his legs does not in any way imply or suggest that his passing is questionable, nor did his actual throws look sketchy. That's just hater talk, or something like that, serious half-glass-empty thinking, if your takeaway from Buchner's frosh season is that we're screwed at QB, or that Angeli is going to be quickly usurping his spot.

There's always the transfer portal, even though ND really doesn't use it. But outside of that TB is our QB for the next three years. This was the three-year stretch, before what would have been his possible/probable retirement, when BK was finally going to get us over the top and win one. Now it's MF's task. But one thing hasn't changed, and that's Buchner. He's the special one, the next-level QB that could elevate ND football. The one we've been waiting for.....
Brian Kelly lifted up Irish football into a consistant winner.It is like when Jamaal Wilkes threw up a ALLEY--OOP pass to Bill Walton !
Brian Kelly has thrown up an ALLEY-OOP pass to Marcus Freeman for him to slam it home ! Marcus will win multiple National Championships.
He is bringing in the ELITE talent to compete and defeat the big boys !

*** I am right on board the Tyler Buchner locomotive with you! QB's dont usually light up the scoreboard their first season. They show what they got when they play fulltime and it is their team ! And just looking at the way he carries himself and his elite atheleticism on the football field shows me he has what it takes to be Great ! The Debby downers don't understand !

Brian Kelly lifted up Irish football into a consistant winner.It is like when Jamaal Wilkes threw up a ALLEY--OOP pass to Bill Walton !
Brian Kelly has thrown up an ALLEY-OOP pass to Marcus Freeman for him to slam it home ! Marcus will win multiple National Championships.
He is bringing in the ELITE talent to compete and defeat the big boys !

*** I am right on board the Tyler Buchner locomotive with you! QB's dont usually light up the scoreboard their first season. They show what they got when they play fulltime and it is their team ! And just looking at the way he carries himself and his elite atheleticism on the football field shows me he has what it takes to be Great ! The Debby downers don't understand !
Well it's gotta be. Drew Pyne is not going to win anything for us, and though I like Angeli just fine, he probably isn't either. And besides, TB is the same electric talent he always was, he had a promising frosh season where he got plenty of playing time. And there's just no good reason for anyone to have lost faith in the guy. Not in my opinion. I don't see any basis for it.

And Tommy Rees is going to have make it happen. This is the big thing on Rees' plate. Yeah, he's in charge of the whole offense, but his more specific task, and the all-important one is to properly develop TB into a big-time player, and get him to fulfill the high-level talent and potential he clearly and abundantly possesses. And that's a big responsibility. Even though I'm a little down on ND football these days, knowing we're going to have Buchner in the saddle for the next few years, helps get my excitement going again.....

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
Again, my concern, of sorts, regarding TB, is that he will be overused as a runner. In saying that I'm not giving much credit to Rees/MF, because I would consider that to be a major coaching malfeasance or blunder or whatever, if he became another or was utilized as another Wimbush. It is presumed that the only reason Wimbush, in 2017, was utilized as a such a blatantly run-first QB was because he couldn't throw. He was unreliable, and badly inaccurate and poor-throwing, and since he was such a good athlete we were in luck. It's what saved BK's job.

So just think in terms of Book 2.0 and not Wimbush 2.0 and we're going to be good....
I don't think Buchner's like any previous QB we've had. Book could scramble for first downs, but Buchner actually has breakaway speed. So he's more of a threat on the ground. So I expect him to continue to run more than Book did, although maybe not as much as he did last year. Hopefully his passing game will continue to develop as well.

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
I don't think Buchner's like any previous QB we've had. Book could scramble for first downs, but Buchner actually has breakaway speed. So he's more of a threat on the ground. So I expect him to continue to run more than Book did, although maybe not as much as he did last year. Hopefully his passing game will continue to develop as well.
I don't think he's any faster than Book. I don't think he'd test any faster. I think Book ran a 4.59, which is damn fast... He's just an experienced running QB, who did it a ton in HS as part of his HS's offense, and so he's good at doing it and comfortable doing it. Book was just a normal pro-style QB, I guess you'd say. And he didn't actually 'run' that much, I don't think...

But maybe he is a full step faster, he definitely looks quick in his clips. But as I said, and I have to admit of course it's just my own opinion, Buchner was also a prolific passer in HS, with tons of arm talent, and that's what he needs to be in college. Maybe Rees' plan is to feature TB running rpos all the time, all game long, given how well he's already performed in that regard, but I sure hope not. And part of me wonders if Rees is just too immature, with too much pressure on him to resist that temptation, and patiently put up with the growing pains of TB's development and full maturation as a pass-first, passing QB, who can also run a little bit on the side.

For me I suppose, bottom line... I'd love to see Buchner rush for a thousand yards, but it can't come at the cost of him developing into a fully-fledged, first-rate passing QB. We won't win no championships unless he does....

There’s a risk involved in Buchner running more, the more he runs the more he risks injury.

If you have a good backup QB, that’s OK, if you don’t, you’d better rethink your play calling

Runs close to 4.6. So maybe over 40 yards Ian has him by a yard. But he is 6-2 and can see over the line.

Book was special. If TB can get to Ian’s level with the athletes we have we will be dancing

Runs close to 4.6. So maybe over 40 yards Ian has him by a yard. But he is 6-2 and can see over the line.

Book was special. If TB can get to Ian’s level with the athletes we have we will be dancing
Special....come on. You always have to go overboard

Special LOL

Other than nonsensically fretting over how Tyler Buchner suddenly sucks at QB, apropos of nothing, as he's going to be a star for us, I feel confident in at least legitimately hoping for. And the idea that he's going to be a bust, and quickly replaced by Donte Moore, or even Angeli, even though IMO he looked rather promising in his snaps as a true frosh. So if we could avoid that sort of gibberish....

So any reality-based thoughts, or reflections, or speculations, that don't involve definitely winning a NC either this year or next.... or how every LB on the roster is going to get drafted other than JD Bertrand and Drew White... shit like that. In any case I got one, I'm hoping old boy is going to be a star for us at RB. Logan Diggs looked great as a frosh, and definitely can play at this level. But I'm talking about Estime. And he could be a revelation, rush for 1000 yards, and be a definite game-changer on offense. And if we are going to contend yet again, and push for a playoff spot, that we need players like that to emerge, and he totally looks like he could be that, and that the quality is there....

Not because Buchner sucks and the passing game is going to falter badley, and we're going to be a run-first offense. But just because he looks like he could be a legit impact player. Though I guess TB could have some growing pains. Anyway, there's some football talk. Audric Estime will make a huge impact, and be a game-changer for the offense.....
Only if you change your Avatar from Kelly to Freeman. After all, Kelly is no longer the coach and Freeman is.

Only if you change your Avatar from Kelly to Freeman. After all, Kelly is no longer the coach and Freeman is.
Wow, can't easily think of something I'm less inclined to do than that. I mean if wild dogs were all set to be sicced upon you and absolutely tear you to pieces and all I had to do to stop it was to change my avatar I probably wouldn't do it....

Nothing personal, but good lord, that's no choice at all... I don't really care what you in particular in think in any event. Seriously, if you got a lobotomy and all you did was drool I'd be okay with it....

So every drafted football player is special now. Wow, you're like the snowflakes where everyone gets a trophy, everyone is great.
If the NFL drafts you, you were a special college football player, the NFL does NOT draft average football players or just fairly good football players

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT