ADVERTISEMENT

Sedrick Irvin Jr. Decommits

we recruited over him. Good kid, solid player. We can and should get better, he saw this.
Limar is perhaps equally good. I can't imagine his decommitment is what the staff wanted. That seems like cognitive dissonance. It doesn't appear to me that Love is better than Irivin, but I haven't seen much of him to know. Love does have an impressive offer list.

Last edited:
Reactions: Notre Dame du Lac
we recruited over him. Good kid, solid player. We can and should get better, he saw this.
Totally agree. Thought he was a good foundational type player that would enable us to swing for another RB with a higher floor and higher ceiling. By all accounts, we are in good position with two or three with higher ceilings, and I think this is a good parting for him and us.

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
Totally agree. Thought he was a good foundational type player that would enable us to swing for another RB with a higher floor and higher ceiling. By all accounts, we are in good position with two or three with higher ceilings, and I think this is a good parting for him and us.
Please explain why Limar and Love have a higher ceiling. I am not saying they don't, but I would not have the knowledge to know that's the case and I wouldn't make that assumption simply because he decommited.

Please explain why Limar and Love have a higher ceiling. I am not saying they don't, but I would not have the knowledge to know that's the case and I wouldn't make that assumption simply because he decommited.
Love is a lot faster and bigger. And it's more athletic.

I haven't watched Limars film but they say he is like Kyren Williams

I dont think the staff is concerned about this at all

Reactions: mirer03
Love is a lot faster and bigger. And it's more athletic.

I haven't watched Limars film but they say he is like Kyren Williams

I dont think the staff is concerned about this at all
Doubt concern. We are loaded at RB. I would like take at least 1. Love seems to love Michigan too. I heard Limar is a hard ND lean.

I love it when shit like this happens. You know the cretins we'll be chiming in IMMEDIATELY with the positive spin, almost excited by the news. Ready to wallow in it, on account of that certain cachet that comes with player de-commits that might well be characterized as just something that happens when you're one of the really elite programs. We took his commitment, and presumably we were going to honor it, because we're not scumbags, right? But this kid is 2nd-tier, 3rd-tier, etc... and ND is top tier, and this kid can't take the heat so he's getting out of the proverbial kitchen. And you see this same pitiful, predictable song and dance from that certain subset of fans with every de-commit, every year, every time.... Because we're sitting pretty with all these better, higher pedigree prospects, that are more befitting of a program of our elite stature. Because that's just what ND is, and we sit at the top of the social pyramid for CFB programs....

ND fans crave ego engorgement like it's oxygen needed to live, with that same kind of primal satisfaction....

• Haha
Reactions: mookied
by the time of his last visit, Lance Taylor was gone, and Gi'Bran Payne had committed - throw in Limar as a heavy lean, and Richard Young adding ND to his top 5, and Love in the mix as well, and it's not a shock.

Plus, Estime has 3 years, Price 4, and Diggs has 3 years left. It's going to be a tough rotation to crack as is.

Hate to see us lose any 4 stars, regardless of reason but it sounds like neither side is crying over it. Lets hope we land someone special to make it not sting.

by the time of his last visit, Lance Taylor was gone, and Gi'Bran Payne had committed - throw in Limar as a heavy lean, and Richard Young adding ND to his top 5, and Love in the mix as well, and it's not a shock.

Plus, Estime has 3 years, Price 4, and Diggs has 3 years left. It's going to be a tough rotation to crack as is.
So are you saying we're screwed? What's the upshot of this thumbnail analysis.... We're going to have trouble getting anyone at all to commit? And no good RBs want to play for ND, not at this juncture, because they're understandably all scared of the competition. Even the competition posed by other possible RB commits in this same, actively ongoing recruiting class?

Or only this loser named Sedrick Irvin? And more awesome elite RBs totally very much will commit, and we're going to be loaded with nothing but former blue-chip elite, prestige recruits in our RB 'room', sort of like a rich man's garage is filled with fancy cars....

I love it when shit like this happens. You know the cretins we'll be chiming in IMMEDIATELY with the positive spin, almost excited by the news. Ready to wallow in it, on account of that certain cachet that comes with player de-commits that might well be characterized as just something that happens when you're one of the really elite programs. We took his commitment, and presumably we were going to honor it, because we're not scumbags, right? But this kid is 2nd-tier, 3rd-tier, etc... and ND is top tier, and this kid can't take the heat so he's getting out of the proverbial kitchen. And you see this same pitiful, predictable song and dance from that certain subset of fans with every de-commit, every year, every time.... Because we're sitting pretty with all these better, higher pedigree prospects, that are more befitting of a program of our elite stature. Because that's just what ND is, and we sit at the top of the social pyramid for CFB programs....

ND fans crave ego engorgement like it's oxygen needed to live, with that same kind of primal satisfaction....
this looks like a pretty standard de-commit thread to me. Players de-commit every year, from every program.

You have to look at the "sting factor".

He's the only RB so far in this class, so that stings. But, there are other prospects on the horizon, ranked as high or higher, so that lessens the sting a little bit. If it was Keeley, e.g., that would be a massive sting, because there is no one on the horizon at his level.

Lance Taylor recruited him. McCullough took over, and he brought Gi'Bran Payne with him. He just met him at the spring game. Maybe he wasn't feeling the love from DM, or maybe they just didn't click. Who knows? It sucks, but it's not the end of the world.

this looks like a pretty standard de-commit thread to me. Players de-commit every year, from every program.

You have to look at the "sting factor".

He's the only RB so far in this class, so that stings. But, there are other prospects on the horizon, ranked as high or higher, so that lessens the sting a little bit. If it was Keeley, e.g., that would be a massive sting, because there is no one on the horizon at his level.

Lance Taylor recruited him. McCullough took over, and he brought Gi'Bran Payne with him. He just met him at the spring game. Maybe he wasn't feeling the love from DM, or maybe they just didn't click. Who knows? It sucks, but it's not the end of the world.
My source says it was clearly a mutual decision.

So are you saying we're screwed? What's the upshot of this thumbnail analysis.... We're going to have trouble getting anyone at all to commit? And no good RBs want to play for ND, not at this juncture, because they're understandably all scared of the competition. Even the competition posed by other possible RB commits in this same, actively ongoing recruiting class?

Or only this loser named Sedrick Irvin? And more awesome elite RBs totally very much will commit, and we're going to be loaded with nothing but former blue-chip elite, prestige recruits in our RB 'room', sort of like a rich man's garage is filled with fancy cars....
per my comment below, there is probably more to it. McCullough didn't recruit him, and he brought a RB with him from Indiana. maybe DM wasn't as high on him as Taylor, and he felt it. McCullough wouldn't take no for an answer from Richard Young, so maybe he felt that all those things were kind of the writing on the wall that he faced an uphill battle with this coach.

If DM recruited him initially, it might be a different story.

Hate to see us lose any 4 stars, regardless of reason but it sounds like neither side is crying over it. Lets hope we land someone special to make it not sting.
There are two things you think of, when a player de-commits, everything else being equal, first and foremost that the coaches are processing him, and they don't want him anymore. This seems to be a practice that all coaches are willing to do. Take commits, knowing full well you might later pull that offer/commitment if it suits you, which is something I'd like to see coaches and teams be publicly embarrassed for. If there's a way we could do that using the internet somehow....

And typically the kids gets the message eventually, and that the coaches have had a change of heart, and de-commits on his own volition.

I can't remember what the 2nd thing is, other than it's of course entirely possible that a kid just changes his mind, and he's no under pressure to de-commit, nor does he feel threatened by the continued recruitment of other RBs in his same class. He just changes his mind....

In this case, we do have new coaches, since he first committed, and there was a big regime change/coaching turnover, so that is a extra-ordinary circumstance in this instance. And at least the RB coach is not the same. Even though if I'm HC I sure as hell don't let no RB coach decide who my RBs are going to be. I effin' pick.... Jesus Christ if I was HC there would be nothing more off limits to any middling assistant than recruiting. That's something for the brain trust to decide....

per my comment below, there is probably more to it. McCullough didn't recruit him, and he brought a RB with him from Indiana. maybe DM wasn't as high on him as Taylor, and he felt it. McCullough wouldn't take no for an answer from Richard Young, so maybe he felt that all those things were kind of the writing on the wall that he faced an uphill battle with this coach.

If DM recruited him initially, it might be a different story.
Oh really, is there more to it? Is there shit that happened behind closed doors that we don't know about?

You don't say.....

There are two things you think of, when a player de-commits, everything else being equal, first and foremost that the coaches are processing him, and they don't want him anymore. This seems to be a practice that all coaches are willing to do. Take commits, knowing full well you might later pull that offer/commitment if it suits you, which is something I'd like to see coaches and teams be publicly embarrassed for. If there's a way we could do that using the internet somehow....

And typically the kids gets the message eventually, and that the coaches have had a change of heart, and de-commits on his own volition.

I can't remember what the 2nd thing is, other than it's of course entirely possible that a kid just changes his mind, and he's no under pressure to de-commit, nor does he feel threatened by the continued recruitment of other RBs in his same class. He just changes his mind....

In this case, we do have new coaches, since he first committed, and there was a big regime change/coaching turnover, so that is a extra-ordinary circumstance in this instance. And at least the RB coach is not the same. Even though if I'm HC I sure as hell don't let no RB coach decide who my RBs are going to be. I effin' pick.... Jesus Christ if I was HC there would be nothing more off limits to any middling assistant than recruiting. That's something for the brain trust to decide....
If you were coach, everyone in the entire country would make fun of us, and we’d never win another game. So, thank God that’s not, and will never, be the case.

I can see why you spend so much time on here - you must be a a real peach to be around IRL.
I'm not sure how to respond to that. Other than I'm not sure you're going find someone with a greater aptitude for social graces than myself. I don't even think that would be at all hard to believe, especially given how I carry myself on this board, if that was your only evidence. Unless you think my overt insolence is a bad thing....

Anyway, I do remember vaguely how everyone groaned when this dude committed, for some reason he wasn't good enough. As if this peanut gallery has ever been right, even one time, about who's going to be good and who's not. But they are unfazed by their poor track record.....

You forgot to mention an enormous upgrade in recruiting, from Brian "shopping down a different aisle" Kelly to Marcus "Let's shop down the elite aisle" Freeman.

You forgot to mention an enormous upgrade in recruiting, from Brian "shopping down a different aisle" Kelly to Marcus "Let's shop down the elite aisle" Freeman.
Right, precisely! MF has to the undo the damage, of when BK was the coach, and he only wanted shitty players to come here. Just mediocre, second-rate talents... That's who BK wanted as coach. And now that ND's roster will no longer be defiled by all these BK prospects, ND can finally cleanse and rid themselves of them.....

The word 'nauseating' is a legit word, not even metaphorically, to describe you guys as fans. You really are grotesque dudes. The thought processes you guys seem to entertain and nourish inside yourselves, is the stuff of being in a bathroom and puking into the toilet after being overcome with that sick feeling....

• Haha
Reactions: mookied
I see where others have explained this by the time I read your post. Simply a matter of staff liking a few running backs better, who reportedly have higher upsides. Not suggesting Anything negative about Irvin as he is a very solid four star running back with lots of success against good competition. It’s simply a matter where current staff like the skill sets and apparent upsides of a few others and they in turn are expressing a lot of interest in ND.

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
Right, precisely! MF has to the undo the damage, of when BK was the coach, and he only wanted shitty players to come here. Just mediocre, second-rate talents... That's who BK wanted as coach. And now that ND's roster will no longer be defiled by all these BK prospects, ND can finally cleanse and rid themselves of them.....

The word 'nauseating' is a legit word, not even metaphorically, to describe you guys as fans. You really are grotesque dudes. The thought processes you guys seem to entertain and nourish inside yourselves, is the stuff of being in a bathroom and puking into the toilet after being overcome with that sick feeling....
Shopping down a different a aisle are BK's words not mine. He clearly wasn't trying to bring the best athletes to Notre Dame. MF is, and it's a welcome upgrade. As a fan of the school and program you should be happy with the upgrade in recruiting as well, anyone who isn't clearly isn't a friend of Notre Dame.

Shopping down a different a aisle are BK's words not mine. He clearly wasn't trying to bring the best athletes to Notre Dame. MF is, and it's a welcome upgrade. As a fan of the school and program you should be happy with the upgrade in recruiting as well, anyone who isn't clearly isn't a friend of Notre Dame.
I'm pretty sure MF is shopping down the same aisle. And it's the same pool of players available to both coaches. And unfortunately BK did the same thing, and pulled offers to committed players, I can't deny that.....

In any case you're mentally ill, dude. The lynching of BK took place in December, that was six months ago. And even though the rest of the online fanbase, pretty much to a man, lustily partook of it, you can tell a lot of those more casual haters are trying to let it go, and quietly reposition themselves in a more respectable light.... But you keep on with it. There's a smaller hard core of you committed BK haters, and you aren't going to let it go.

And don't question my bona fides as a fan. There couldn't be any fan, any ND fan in this unfortunate online menagerie, more expendable than someone like you....

Young has nothing to do with it. Anyone that thinks we are landing Young is young.

Did anyone on this board even look at the 2013 class? We’d be lucky to do that well. If Rees lands a Greg Bryant then we can talk. This isn’t impressive to me.

While I like what ND is doing. BK did it too early in his career. ND seems to gain a lot of steam early with new coaches.

Did anyone on this board even look at the 2013 class? We’d be lucky to do that well. If Rees lands a Greg Bryant then we can talk. This isn’t impressive to me.
This is and will be a better class than 2013

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT