ADVERTISEMENT

Micah Bell - Transfer Portal

Exactly what the portal does, typical modern day athelete. " I'm not gonna start, so I'm outta here" God forbid I have to compete. This is what portal teaches kids. Well good luck to you, I hope the grass is actually greener for you
đź‘Ť

Do you really believe that was the feedback he was given by Mickens?
Yeah. I think he's leaving for other reasons or he just wants to play this season. I wouldnt be surprised if he moves close to home

All spring and before BMos injury everyone was saying he wasnt going to be ready this year but was being groomed to take over the slot for next year

Now everyone wants to spin it like Bell isnt a very talented player still. The staff wanted him to stay, that was reported yesterday. They tried to get him to stay

Yeah. I think he's leaving for other reasons or he just wants to play this season. I wouldnt be surprised if he moves close to home

All spring and before BMos injury everyone was saying he wasnt going to be ready this year but was being groomed to take over the slot for next year

Now everyone wants to spin it like Bell isnt a very talented player still. The staff wanted him to stay, that was reported yesterday. They tried to get him to stay
I don’t read a lot of sites, so have no insight on staff wanting him to stay. I do know that I’ve read multiple references weeks before his announcement, that Ausberry was practicing with the defensive backs and Freeman specifically saying that he was just too good to keep off the field. And likewise, references to Bell really struggling at corner in practices, and then seen strictly as a nickel. And of course, Ausberry started at nickel for the Gold team, at Bells expense.

Frankly, I wish he had stayed and earned a role, whether defense or offense or ST. I won’t be shocked if he ends up playing offense wherever he lands. His speed is electric.

Ausberry is a LB? Correct?

Sounds like he's emerging and we gotta have him on the field. Is that accurate?

I don’t read a lot of sites, so have no insight on staff wanting him to stay. I do know that I’ve read multiple references weeks before his announcement, that Ausberry was practicing with the defensive backs and Freeman specifically saying that he was just too good to keep off the field. And likewise, references to Bell really struggling at corner in practices, and then seen strictly as a nickel. And of course, Ausberry started at nickel for the Gold team, at Bells expense.

Frankly, I wish he had stayed and earned a role, whether defense or offense or ST. I won’t be shocked if he ends up playing offense wherever he lands. His speed is electric.
Bell moved outside when Morrison got hurt. We had no one out there.

Ausberry moved to nickel behind Clark because they want to get him on the field. But he won't be there when we are going against electric slot guys. He'll have a role there against TEs and maybe slow wrs but he's not covering 4 4 guys.

Bell and Ausberry are two different body types. Bell is more of a corner/nickel. Ausberry is more of a LB/nickel. Bell was competing with Clark and the CB’s. Ausberry is more competing with Sneed IMO.

They weren’t competing directly against each other IMO.

Last edited:
Bell and Ausberry are two different body types. Bell is more of a corner/nickel. Ausberry is more of a LB/nickel. Bell was competing with Clark and the CB’s. Ausberry is more competing with Sneed IMO.

They weren’t competing directly against each other IMO.
I understand the distinction you’re making; and frankly, I don’t know how this factors into their six back schemes as well. I don’t think Bell was ever going to be anything more than a depth piece at corner, which we need. I think he was strictly seen as a nickel, and this year those snaps are going to Clark and Ausberry and Mickey; and I’m not sure that Talich is out of this conversation either.
And I understand the concern about the following season. We’re incredibly thin at corner and nickel and we will need to hit it big with our top two or three recruiting targets, and probably with another transfer or two.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT